[split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 08:42 AM by CleverUsername.)
RE: [split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.
(24-06-2014 08:31 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  You know on some forums starting a new thread just to attack another would be considered harassment and be punishable.

He didn't actually start a thread, he responded to the original, then a moderator (or someone) split his post and everything after it into another thread once it got off topic.

Also, this forum is a lot less strict than most other forums.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
24-06-2014, 08:41 AM
(24-06-2014 08:36 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 08:31 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  You know on some forums starting a new thread just to attack another would be considered harassment and be punishable.

He didn't actually start a thread, he responded to the original, then a moderator (or someone) split is posts and everything after it into another thread once it got off topic.

I guess I'm used to the Nationstates forum where even baiting someone can get you an official warning and personal attacks can get you a 24 hour ban.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
24-06-2014, 08:44 AM
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  A Christian that states that homosexuality is wrong is not bashing someone's lifestyle anymore than you are bashing someone's lifestyle when you say murder is wrong. The Christian who thinks this gives reasons for thinking so.

I believe murder is wrong because it hurts other people.

Christians may or may not believe murder is wrong because it hurts other people. They also believe it's wrong because they read it in a book somewhere. Christians believe homosexuality is wrong because they read it in a book somewhere.

They really believe it, but they can't prove their stance is correct. This is what we call a hunch. Other people need to change their behavior and/or not have the same rights as us because some Christians have a hunch.
[+] 7 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-06-2014, 08:47 AM
(24-06-2014 08:44 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  A Christian that states that homosexuality is wrong is not bashing someone's lifestyle anymore than you are bashing someone's lifestyle when you say murder is wrong. The Christian who thinks this gives reasons for thinking so.

I believe murder is wrong because it hurts other people.

Christians may or may not believe murder is wrong because it hurts other people. They also believe it's wrong because they read it in a book somewhere. Christians believe homosexuality is wrong because they read it in a book somewhere.*

They really believe it, but they can't prove their stance is correct. This is what we call a hunch. Other people need to change their behavior and/or not have the same rights as us because some Christians have a hunch.

* or someone in a position of power and/or authority told them so.

(It's not like they actually *read* that book, you know.)

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
24-06-2014, 08:48 AM
(24-06-2014 08:41 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 08:36 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  He didn't actually start a thread, he responded to the original, then a moderator (or someone) split is posts and everything after it into another thread once it got off topic.

I guess I'm used to the Nationstates forum where even baiting someone can get you an official warning and personal attacks can get you a 24 hour ban.

This forum is based on free speech. But we have limits too - don't post in the support section if you can't be supportive. Don't post in the intro section if you can't be supportive. If people come asking for help, you are expected to respect that.

Other than that, threads that have gone to hell in a hand basket get thrown in the vipers pit, where people can bite each other all they like.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
24-06-2014, 08:56 AM
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  A Christian that states that homosexuality is wrong is not bashing someone's lifestyle anymore than you are bashing someone's lifestyle when you say murder is wrong.

Yes, they are. Your comparison is completely appropriate. When I say murder is wrong, I am absolutely, positively, unequivocally bashing any lifestyle that condones murder. When you say homosexuality is wrong, you bash any lifestyle that condones homosexuality.

Quote:The issue is whether or not homosexuality is a sin. If it is then it is whether you like it or not. If it is not then it is not.

I agree. But let me take it a step further. SINCE homosexuality is not a sin, then the person who condemns homosexuality as a sin is a bigot.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 5 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
24-06-2014, 09:01 AM
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  One can argue against homosexuality without even appealing to religious beliefs but by simply appealing to the effects such a lifestyle has on one who practices it.

Another example of using the bible to justify stereotyping. I can only assume, then, that you represent the effects of a Christian lifestyle. Confrontational, insensitive, antagonistic, addictive personality, and willing to judge an entire group of people based on a few lines of text written by someone who never traveled more than 100 miles from their birthplace.

The New Testament doesn't explicitly forbid cannibalism, so why don't you head down to the local morgue and make yourself a delicious dick-sandwich. You've earned it.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
24-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Apologies on my half for feeding the troll and helping him to derail the thread. I don't like to see bigotry go unchallenged.

I face palmed though when he went back to the original thread and tried to derail it again.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-06-2014, 09:17 AM
(24-06-2014 09:01 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  One can argue against homosexuality without even appealing to religious beliefs but by simply appealing to the effects such a lifestyle has on one who practices it.

Another example of using the bible to justify stereotyping. I can only assume, then, that you represent the effects of a Christian lifestyle. Confrontational, insensitive, antagonistic, addictive personality, and willing to judge an entire group of people based on a few lines of text written by someone who never traveled more than 100 miles from their birthplace.

The New Testament doesn't explicitly forbid cannibalism, so why don't you head down to the local morgue and make yourself a delicious dick-sandwich. You've earned it.

I said arguments exist against homosexuality NOT BASED on religious beliefs.

Maybe you missed that part.
24-06-2014, 09:19 AM
(24-06-2014 08:56 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  A Christian that states that homosexuality is wrong is not bashing someone's lifestyle anymore than you are bashing someone's lifestyle when you say murder is wrong.

Yes, they are. Your comparison is completely appropriate. When I say murder is wrong, I am absolutely, positively, unequivocally bashing any lifestyle that condones murder. When you say homosexuality is wrong, you bash any lifestyle that condones homosexuality.

Quote:The issue is whether or not homosexuality is a sin. If it is then it is whether you like it or not. If it is not then it is not.

I agree. But let me take it a step further. SINCE homosexuality is not a sin, then the person who condemns homosexuality as a sin is a bigot.

Reference a dictionary for the definition of "bash".