[split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: [split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.
Jer Wrote:
Quote:The prohibition against homosexuality was not a ceremonial law. It was a moral law and is thus binding at all times in all places for all people and this is reflected in THE NEW TESTAMENT unlike the ceremonial laws.

If the NT endorsed homosexuality would all christians blindly "choose" to be gay then?

Quote:Thus a Christian is neither a hypocrite or cherry picking when they claim homosexuality is still prohibited and certain ceremonial laws are not.

This is the definition of cherry picking. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
24-06-2014, 10:50 AM
(24-06-2014 07:13 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why do you expect Christians to agree with your choice to identify as an atheist?

We're optimistic you'll eventually come to your senses.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-06-2014, 10:56 AM
(24-06-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The prohibition against homosexuality was not a ceremonial law. It was a moral law and is thus binding at all times in all places for all people and this is reflected in THE NEW TESTAMENT unlike the ceremonial laws.
Law... yes, it's right there in the ten commandments... it's number... oh wait... Consider
So important that God forgot all about it.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-06-2014, 11:09 AM
(24-06-2014 10:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The prohibition against homosexuality was not a ceremonial law. It was a moral law and is thus binding at all times in all places for all people and this is reflected in THE NEW TESTAMENT unlike the ceremonial laws.
Law... yes, it's right there in the ten commandments... it's number... oh wait... Consider

Silly one, it's right after the commandment about not raping.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 9 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
24-06-2014, 11:22 AM
(24-06-2014 11:09 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 10:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Law... yes, it's right there in the ten commandments... it's number... oh wait... Consider

Silly one, it's right after the commandment about not raping.
You're right, how silly of me to miss it... and it's right before the one about not owning slaves too. Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-06-2014, 11:36 AM
(24-06-2014 10:43 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Finally, F. It's dirty and disgusting.

Yes, sex is. ALL sex. There is not a single homosexual practice that is not also practiced by heterosexuals with equally abundant zeal.

Yeah, I like how they think a subjective argument it the good basis for telling other people what they can and cannot do. I, for example, like pepperoni on my pizza, and I hate mushrooms. This means I avoid eating mushrooms on my pizza. It does not, however, mean that I campaign about getting mushrooms out of the pizza parlor, or tell people that I'm okay with them eating mushrooms if they do it in their own dining room and not out in public (while totally eating pepperoni in front of them).

Also, you missed G: It's not natural.

This one fails on two fronts:
1) Yes, it is. There are plenty of examples of homosexual behavior in many different species. It might not be common relative to the rest of the population, but that's not the same thing as natural.

2) Even if it didn't occur in nature, who cares?. Since when do we look to dogs, squirrels, and monitor lizards to guild our moral decision making?
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-06-2014, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 11:48 AM by kingschosen.)
Condemning homosexuality as a Christian is a very narrow-minded view of the religion. If you do, you are cherry-picking scriptures and not taking the whole of Christianity into consideration.

With homosexuality many things have to be considered: a sin nature, whether or not we were created to sin, whether or not sin is necessary for Christ, whether or not sin (not some sin but all sin) is a natural part of humanity.

There is a lot of theology that goes into it.

The only reconciled version of this, taking in consideration every facet of the religion, is that homosexuality is a natural part of humanity and humans and that sin was created for humans in order for Christ's purpose to be served.

That's not to say that we should turn a blind eye to sin, as all Christians should seek to reconcile themselves with God; however, Christians have no right to condemn others for what they personally perceive as "sinful". That's not for you to judge.

In fact, the only license that we (Christians) get to address sin is if there is sin going on in the Church that directly conflicts with its teachings or is hurting the church body.

We are never given the authority to condemn others (especially non-believers), and, in fact, we are given specific instructions to not be judgmental.

So, should Christians accept and ignore a person's homosexuality?

Yes. Absolutely. That's none of your concern and if that person is a Christian that's between them and God.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
24-06-2014, 11:45 AM
I am going to cherry pick something from KC's post that I have meant to tell Jeremy for some time:

(24-06-2014 11:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's not for you to judge.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-06-2014, 11:46 AM
(24-06-2014 11:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am going to cherry pick something from KC's post that I have meant to tell Jeremy for some time:

(24-06-2014 11:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's not for you to judge.

At first I was confused at your post because of the use of "Jeremy". But, I get it now.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
24-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:In fact, the only license that we (Christians) get to address sin is if there is sin going on in the Church that directly conflicts with its teachings or is hurting the church body.

Unfortunately we don't see much of this, especially in the Catholic Church.
In fact, I see not addressing these "sins" within the church as condoning the behavior.