[split] Commentary on the viodjit vs. Drich "book of your religion" match

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2014 08:47 AM by DLJ.)
[split] Commentary on the viodjit vs. Drich "book of your religion" match
Moderator's Note:
Related Boxing Match Thread

(24-04-2014 08:32 PM)Drich Wrote:  Asked and answered in my last 'boxing' match.

You wish. Hobo

Quote:Short version:
In the bible Christ makes a promise to provide 'proof' of God for anyone willing to humble himself and a/s/k as out lined in Luke 11.

I followed this outline and found the 'proof' I was promised.

The bible is like a treasure map. If you follow the instructions you will find the treasure it points to. If not then you will find nothing as you are digging in the wrong place.

LOL except* that the only thing you were ask/seek/knocking on was the knickers of some tart who wouldn't have you if you didn't Drink the Kool-Aid.

Hobo Laughat

*as Mathilda exposed at the end of that boxing match.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
26-04-2014, 06:43 AM
RE: Why do you trust the book of your religion ? (abrahamic religion only)
I trust the Bible because I because I believe in God, who I believe in because I found that He was there, all along.
26-04-2014, 07:37 AM
(26-04-2014 06:43 AM)An_Theist Wrote:  I trust the Bible because I because I believe in God, who I believe in because I found that He was there, all along.

Then you'll be able to trot it out on the Oprah show so everyone can see it, right? Have it perform some magic tricks?

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
26-04-2014, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2014 09:19 AM by DLJ.)
viocjit,

I think that Drich was not picking up the boxing-gauntlet here.

Boxing challenge is still open.

I can strip out other contributions / comments once the challenge has been accepted.

EDIT: Fairly obviously, Drich accepted the challenge and this thread contains the detritus.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-04-2014, 08:33 AM
(26-04-2014 07:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 06:43 AM)An_Theist Wrote:  I trust the Bible because I because I believe in God, who I believe in because I found that He was there, all along.

Then you'll be able to trot it out on the Oprah show so everyone can see it, right? Have it perform some magic tricks?

Drinking Beverage

You do know if you wish to formally challenge this all you have to do is start a thread.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
26-04-2014, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2014 09:09 AM by Deltabravo.)
RE: [split] Commentary on the viodjit vs. Drich "book of your religion" match
(26-04-2014 08:33 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 07:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Then you'll be able to trot it out on the Oprah show so everyone can see it, right? Have it perform some magic tricks?

Drinking Beverage

You do know if you wish to formally challenge this all you have to do is start a thread.

I don't know what this thread is about.

I wonder if someone like An-Theist realizes that when people at the time of Christ talked about God, there were live people who considered themselves to be God, like Julius Caesar and the Pharoahs, and people thought the other "gods" were physical, real entities, not invisible inhabitants of an invisible place. So, if they wrote that Jesus was the "son of God", that is exactly the same way that Augustus Caesar described himself because he was the son (adopted) of Julius Caesar.

If someone thinks that the Bible is right because they have had an experience of the god mentioned in them, then they are putting their own interpretation on the idea which is not what it meant when it was written. Those people thought that Julius Caesar, as a god, was still "alive" somewhere, maybe up a mountain, with the other gods. They considered that a god didn't die, but stayed alive, like we are alive and that if a person died, that was the end for them. They didn't think that people all had some sort of spirit that got wings and went to some other world, or heaven. That is why Jesus had to come back to life, cuz, as a god, he couldn't die. So, he didn't die for our sins. He is actually still alive, sitting somewhere, like I'm sitting here, wasting my time writing this.

What you do by saying your book is right is saying that "your" version of what your book says is right and the book itself has got to be wrong...
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
26-04-2014, 09:16 AM

So you admit it's just all in your brain, and the way your brain interprets what you experience. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2014, 09:54 AM
(26-04-2014 09:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

So you admit it's just all in your brain, and the way your brain interprets what you experience. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

Horses are named after Horus.

The Horites who lived in Petra, Jordan, decided to stop using camels and switched to horses, which weren't obviously called horses, at the time. They worshipped Horus, the Horites, that is, not the horses, although, hey, who knows.
26-04-2014, 10:11 AM
(26-04-2014 09:54 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 09:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you admit it's just all in your brain, and the way your brain interprets what you experience. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

Horses are named after Horus.

The Horites who lived in Petra, Jordan, decided to stop using camels and switched to horses, which weren't obviously called horses, at the time. They worshipped Horus, the Horites, that is, not the horses, although, hey, who knows.

Any idea what the Arabians called them prior to the whores Horites starting to use them ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-04-2014, 10:37 AM
(26-04-2014 10:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Any idea what the Arabians called them prior to the whores Horites starting to use them ?

Ah! It just so happens that I know this.

A male horse is called HISAN حصان
From which we have the Japanese word Nissan

A female horse (mare) is called FARAS فَرَس
From which we get the Italian word Ferrari

A young horse (a colt or a foal) is called MUHR مهر
From which we get the German word Merc.

Anytime.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post