[split] Conflicted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 03:56 PM
[split] Conflicted
(16-03-2014 03:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 02:26 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I haven't come out and told people that I am heterosexual, my sexual interests are my private business. They aren't public domain to be discussed, debated, analysed and judged. I'm sure people have worked it out because I have a wife and two kids, but hopefully it was just a passing, non important observation rather than one of relief or despair.

Why should your being gay require an announcement?

So you're now comparing homosexual acceptance with heterosexuality? Yeah straight people are disowned all the time, or beat up because of their straightness. It doesn't matter...If you can't be supportive in the personal issues and support section then go away.
WTF!

I haven't addressed any acceptance issues.
My post is as to questioning why there would be a need to publicise one's sexuality.

Please address that rather than to tell me I am not supportive and tell me to go away.
Fuck You!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 04:23 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: [split] Conflicted
(16-03-2014 03:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 03:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So you're now comparing homosexual acceptance with heterosexuality? Yeah straight people are disowned all the time, or beat up because of their straightness. It doesn't matter...If you can't be supportive in the personal issues and support section then go away.
WTF!

My post is as to questioning why there would be a need to publicise one's sexuality.

Please address that rather than to tell me I am not supportive and tell me to go away.
Fuck You!

The personal issues and support section is not a place to be provocative and illicit debate.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

16-03-2014, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 04:20 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(16-03-2014 04:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The personal issues and support section is not a place to be provacative and elicit debate.
Great.
So why did you say
"If you can't be supportive in the personal issues and support section then go away."

At what point was I not being supportive and why did I deserve you telling me to go away.
Your post to me pissed me off and I responded in kind.
If you look at my track record on this forum I am a very civil person, the only person I ever got aggressive with is Chippy.
16-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Because your comment was a blantent attempt to engage in a debate. That is not the place for debate. EVER!

It is not at all supportive to tell someone that I don't have a problem being straight.

You cannot compare the two. I could have just edited your post with lots of pink instead I split it off.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-03-2014, 04:17 PM
(16-03-2014 04:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 03:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  WTF!

Fuck You!

The personal issues and support section is not a place to be provacative and illicit debate.

*elicit Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-03-2014, 04:18 PM
(16-03-2014 04:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 04:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The personal issues and support section is not a place to be provacative and illicit debate.

*elicit Smile

And *provocative

Big Grin

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
16-03-2014, 04:19 PM
(16-03-2014 03:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I haven't addressed any acceptance issues.
One could ask a similar question of an atheist. Gay persons have similar reservations about being "out" and for similar reasons. They also have similar desires to live honestly and openly without pretense. Good enough?

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
16-03-2014, 04:20 PM
(16-03-2014 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 04:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The personal issues and support section is not a place to be provacative and illicit debate.
Great.
So why did you say
"If you can't be supportive in the personal issues and support section then go away."

At what point was I not being supportive and why did I deserve you telling me to go away.
Your post to me pissed me off and I responded in kind.
If you look at my track record on this forum I am a very civil person, the only person I ever got aggressive with is Chippy.

Stevil, that forum has its own rules:

Rules of the section Wrote:This section is a little different to the rest of the forum. Being provocative or insensitive in this section is prohibited. If people are talking about their personal issues and looking for support then they deserve that bit more protection than our other sections provide.

Anyone posting inappropriately will be warned by the Forum Team, should they fail to improve their conduct they will have their ability to post in this section removed at the discretion of the forum administration.

If you feel someone is posting inappropriately please either report their post using the 'report' button at the bottom right hand corner of each post, or PM a member of the Forum Team with your concerns.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-03-2014, 04:21 PM
[split] Conflicted
(16-03-2014 04:05 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  My best friend is a lesbian. We've been friends for many years and she only revealed it to me 3-4 years ago.

She told me how hard it was to keep it a secret, pretending that she liked guys, having to answer to questions like "why don't you start dating?" or to things like "I know a guy who would be perfect for you".

When you are different than what your family and friends think or expect you to be, it can be quite stressful keeping it a secret.
I understand what you are saying.
It's the coming out bit that I am a bit vague on.

Does it mean standing atop a hill and proclaiming "I am gay"
Or does it mean being yourself and living your life based on who you are as opposed to pretending to be someone that you are not and living your life to hide who you are?

Personally when I first started dating I didn't make any proclaimations. i didn't tell my parents, and she didn't tell hers. At first they thought we were just friends. I don't have the type of relationship with my parents where I discuss or proclaim personal matters with them. Even as a heterosexual, I had difficulties letting my parents know that I had sexual interests.
Granted letting them know you are gay would probably be more difficult (depending on what your parents position on gays is).

But my position still stands. Why the need to make an announcement to anybody?
16-03-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: Conflicted
(16-03-2014 04:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread split. The personal issues and support section is not a place to be provacative and illicit debate.

Let's go back to supporting Earmuffs and not allow someone's need to debate everything derail this.
I didn't have a need to debate.
The problem I had was with your aggressive post to me.