[split] Congratulations.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: Congratulations.
(14-07-2014 08:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  All this drama seems very familiar to me. Reminds me of coming home from school to see my grandmother sat before the tv watching her stories. So dramatic and boring and pointless.
Like sands through the hour glass.....

Yeah, except this isn't a soap opera, someone is actually getting hurt and whenever he speaks out people make fun of him because he is "whining". People would rather see him fight, it would be more entertaining.

We are not soap opera characters, we are actually real people. What Muffs has been doing to Woof for eons now is disgusting, just look at Woof's reputation.

I am finally sick of it to the point of speaking out about it. I should have done so at the get go, I feel ashamed for letting this happen for so long.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-07-2014, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 08:52 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
(14-07-2014 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 08:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  All this drama seems very familiar to me. Reminds me of coming home from school to see my grandmother sat before the tv watching her stories. So dramatic and boring and pointless.
Like sands through the hour glass.....

Yeah, except this isn't a soap opera, someone is actually getting hurt and whenever he speaks out people make fun of him because he is "whining". People would rather see him fight, it would be more entertaining.

We are not soap opera characters, we are actually real people. What Muffs has been doing to Woof for eons now is disgusting, just look at Woof's reputation.

I am finally sick of it to the point of speaking out about it. I should have done so at the get go, I feel ashamed for letting this happen for so long.
Oh I'm aware that everybody here are real people but that doesn't stop some folks from acting like soap opera characters.
At any rate I struggle to understand why folks would get upset at words on a computer screen. Sure they are words coming from people but they are just words. The only power words can have over us is the power we give them.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
14-07-2014, 09:01 AM
(14-07-2014 08:45 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yeah, except this isn't a soap opera, someone is actually getting hurt and whenever he speaks out people make fun of him because he is "whining". People would rather see him fight, it would be more entertaining.

Oh I'm aware that everybody here are real people but that doesn't stop some folks from acting like soap opera characters.
At any rate I struggle to understand why folks would get upset at words on a computer screen. Sure they are words coming from people but they are just words. The only power words can have over us is the power we give them.

Well, the fact is that people do get hurt by words on the screen, whether you think they should or not doesn't change that.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-07-2014, 09:15 AM
WOW!

I am so surprised this topic became a Muffs vs Woofs topic. Shocking!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
14-07-2014, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 09:33 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
(14-07-2014 09:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 08:45 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Oh I'm aware that everybody here are real people but that doesn't stop some folks from acting like soap opera characters.

Well, the fact is that people do get hurt by words on the screen, whether you think they should or not doesn't change that.

And they are the ones giving the hurtful words power.
It think it's important to remember that the words people use are a reflection on their own characters and not that of the recipient.
Perhaps one people may gain the right to not be offended and it may overpower the right to free speech. It won't be a god day.
14-07-2014, 09:57 AM
(14-07-2014 09:28 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 09:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the fact is that people do get hurt by words on the screen, whether you think they should or not doesn't change that.

And they are the ones giving the hurtful words power.
It think it's important to remember that the words people use are a reflection on their own characters and not that of the recipient.
Perhaps one people may gain the right to not be offended and it may overpower the right to free speech. It won't be a god day.

People come with all kinds of personalities, vulnerabilities and issues.

There are a myriad of situations in everyone's life where what one might see as rational doesn't apply.

Some extremes: A person with a panic attack should just realize that there is nothing to be scared of. A person with arachnophobia should just step on that spider.

When you know you are hurting someone, do you purposefully and vindictively continue to do so for months on end? I should hope not.

14-07-2014, 10:37 AM
(14-07-2014 09:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 09:28 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  And they are the ones giving the hurtful words power.

People come with all kinds of personalities, vulnerabilities and issues.

There are a myriad of situations in everyone's life where what one might see as rational doesn't apply.

Some extremes: A person with a panic attack should just realize that there is nothing to be scared of. A person with arachnophobia should just step on that spider.

When you know you are hurting someone, do you purposefully and vindictively continue to do so for months on end? I should hope not.
What? Me personally? No. I wouldn't do that. And if it were done to me I would simply consider the source. It would be likely that my attacker is just pathetic. That wouldn't be my problem.
I don't know who said this little bit of wisdom but
"What others think of me is none of my business."
14-07-2014, 11:01 AM
(14-07-2014 10:37 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 09:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  People come with all kinds of personalities, vulnerabilities and issues.

What? Me personally? No. I wouldn't do that. And if it were done to me I would simply consider the source. It would be likely that my attacker is just pathetic. That wouldn't be my problem.

Ok, so you are offering advice to Mr. Woof and not endorsing Muffs. Sorry if I misunderstood.

14-07-2014, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 11:13 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
(14-07-2014 11:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 10:37 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  What? Me personally? No. I wouldn't do that. And if it were done to me I would simply consider the source. It would be likely that my attacker is just pathetic. That wouldn't be my problem.

Ok, so you are offering advice to Mr. Woof and not endorsing Muffs. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I suppose to a certain degree yes. But the original point I was making is that this seems like teenage drama queen bullshit. It seems more than one person is butt hurt in all this.
Perhaps a "hurt feelings report" is in order.
14-07-2014, 11:26 AM
(14-07-2014 11:09 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 11:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ok, so you are offering advice to Mr. Woof and not endorsing Muffs. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I suppose to a certain degree yes. But the original point I was making is that this seems like teenage drama queen bullshit. It seems more than one person is butt hurt in all this.
Perhaps a "hurt feelings report" is in order.

Oh, I agree that it is teenage drama queen bullshit. I am just sick of it going on and on and on and having effectively driven a member away - Woofs barely shows up anymore because every time he does, he gets sniped at without any provocation. It's putting him in the position of either being driven off or engaging in a teenage drama bullshit war. This is just wrong.