[split] Congratulations.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Congratulations.
(15-07-2014 05:15 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 04:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Nothing exists purely in black and white.
It is a bit of a joke pushing the preferred barrow too hard in order to establish some 'absolute truth'.. A bit of all round balance sometimes helps.

I'm not sure exactly what you're even talking about. It sounds as though you're trying to tell me there's a round balance between reality and ignorance, but I don't know. If you want to know the truth about homosexuals as opposed to your current views, feel free to PM me.

I'm comfortable discussing parenting homosexuals too.
Like I said let's discuss it and put this topic to bed.

Ready set go!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 05:45 PM
(15-07-2014 05:43 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:15 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm not sure exactly what you're even talking about. It sounds as though you're trying to tell me there's a round balance between reality and ignorance, but I don't know. If you want to know the truth about homosexuals as opposed to your current views, feel free to PM me.

I'm comfortable discussing parenting homosexuals too.

Ready set go!

In every non-biased study there is no difference between 2 same sex parents and 2 opposite sex parents. Case Closed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-07-2014, 05:52 PM
(15-07-2014 05:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:43 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm comfortable discussing parenting homosexuals too.

Ready set go!

In every non-biased study there is no difference between 2 same sex parents and 2 opposite sex parents. Case Closed.

Yay.
I love you Rev!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-07-2014, 05:57 PM
(15-07-2014 10:41 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I am often intolerant of intolerance.

I'm with Dom on instead of shaming educating works better.

Wolf do you still see gay parenting as a bad thing?
Keep it simple. Good or bad and why
Lets just clear this up.

A difficult question.
I still find male parenting worrisome.
Not necessarily bad.
To me heterosexuality involves a natural accord.
This can be seen in terms of nature.
Ideally I would opt for the order our livelihood has emerged from.
This is not to say gay people are bad or inferior.
Nor is it to condemn gay parenting per se.

I think this issue needs to be viewed differently.
Would 4 partner bi-sexuality parenting be a good thing too?

As for males, I think surrogacy can cause later problems.
Adoption from third world countries seems preferable.
My gut feeling is negative re male parenting.
Ths can be a guide of sorts IMAO.
I don't see this synonymous with bigotry.

In viewing evolution as something we can do as we like with, in many areas, may invite further problems. Gay parenting may make for a better world. I just don't know. It may also add to life's complications. When we condone something with great enthusiasm, we may do so for some wrong reasons as well as better reasons.
When people use the bigot word they sometimes fail to see that a groundswell of emotion is not the same as looking hard at issues and their possible repercussions.
This was essentially the position I took in my original post.

I prefer to sit on the fence than belligerently support something that involves many rights, including the right to have one's partner of any sex as a legal one.
In our brave new world the latter seems very real, as does universal change, along with the right of anyone to raise difficult issues that may reflect on any new sexual socialization.

Sometimes in glorifying all the aspects of change too strongly we become the latter day bigots, more so than those we choose to condemn in our one sentence condemnations.
15-07-2014, 05:59 PM
(15-07-2014 05:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Lets just clear this up.

A difficult question.
Not necessarily bad.

In viewing evolution as something we can do as we like with, in many areas, may invite further problems. Gay parenting may make for a better world. I just don't know. It may also add to life's complications. When we condone something with great enthusiasm, we may do so for some wrong reasons as well as better reasons.
When people use the bigot word they sometimes fail to see that a groundswell of emotion is not the same as looking hard at issues and their possible repercussions.

I prefer to sit on the fence than belligerently support something that involves many rights, including the right to have one's partner of any sex as a legal one.
In our brave new world the latter seems very real, as does universal change, along with the right of anyone to raise difficult issues that may reflect on any new sexual socialization.

Sometimes in glorifying all the aspects of change too strongly we become the latter day bigots, more so than those we choose to condemn in our one sentence condemnations.

So would a single dad raising his kids make you "worrisome"
15-07-2014, 06:03 PM
(15-07-2014 05:15 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 04:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Nothing exists purely in black and white.
It is a bit of a joke pushing the preferred barrow too hard in order to establish some 'absolute truth'.. A bit of all round balance sometimes helps.

I'm not sure exactly what you're even talking about. It sounds as though you're trying to tell me there's a round balance between reality and ignorance, but I don't know. If you want to know the truth about homosexuals as opposed to your current views, feel free to PM me.

Thanks but I have enough on my plate here without PM ing people.
Anyhow I would obviously be deemed too ignorant for youWink
15-07-2014, 06:06 PM
(15-07-2014 04:50 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Because he is a bit older than my parent's generation. Probably he was middle aged before anyone ever spoke up to try to dispel the myths surrounding gays (who were flawed and chose sin) blacks (who were uncivilized and savage) and women (who were weak and stupid). These attitudes were not contested, they were age old givens. They were the truth by default. He didn't have to form these attitudes.

If no one challenges the status quo, people don't tend to question it. You are simply brainwashed by society.

Don't forget that the way society was in the 50s was much the same it had been for hundreds of years. It hadn't evolved much except in the way of "progress", i.e. increased creature comforts. Science. Philosophy. But not societal order. That didn't really get shaken up from the root up until the 70s.

People who are now in their 80s are true fossils, they might as well hail from the middle ages. The world they see is nothing at all like what you see. They are a piece of history, and they see things through the same eyes humanity has seen them for hundreds of years. You have never experienced the mind set that humans have had for so long, you came into a world where a previous generation had shaken everything up so hard that the norms crumbled. These norms are still not done crumbling, and probably they never will be. (See religion, animal welfare and a myriad of other societal ills still ongoing).

Every time we have a new generation becoming adults, they are the hope for the remaining societal ills to be fixed. They are the ones to break norms and create a new reality. Social evolution is finally on a roll. It has been moving at a snail's place until not long ago.

I just hope that our young people will look forward and create the society they would like to see, rather than look back and destroy fossils.

As for all those crumbling norms............not really indicative that the world will become a sane, happy, and liberated place.........
Even those 80 y/os may still hold a few truths.
Liberation has some strange allies.

80 year olds hold a lot of truths. I for one like talking to people older than me, yes, there are things that are not applicable anymore, but there is so much life experience that it's not hard to find interesting things if one cares to.

I doubt the world will ever be sane and happy. But a lot of things have gotten a lot better for a lot of people in just a few decades.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-07-2014, 06:06 PM
(15-07-2014 05:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Lets just clear this up.

A difficult question.
Not necessarily bad.

So your view is based on ignorance then. This is a settled issue. Same sex parents have demonstrably the same affect as 2 opposite sex parents. A stable home is far more beneficial than having one of each sex.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2014, 06:13 PM
(14-07-2014 08:45 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yeah, except this isn't a soap opera, someone is actually getting hurt and whenever he speaks out people make fun of him because he is "whining". People would rather see him fight, it would be more entertaining.

We are not soap opera characters, we are actually real people. What Muffs has been doing to Woof for eons now is disgusting, just look at Woof's reputation.

I am finally sick of it to the point of speaking out about it. I should have done so at the get go, I feel ashamed for letting this happen for so long.
Oh I'm aware that everybody here are real people but that doesn't stop some folks from acting like soap opera characters.
At any rate I struggle to understand why folks would get upset at words on a computer screen. Sure they are words coming from people but they are just words. The only power words can have over us is the power we give them.

Spoken like a true survivor!Thumbsup
15-07-2014, 06:14 PM
(15-07-2014 06:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  A difficult question.
Not necessarily bad.

So your view is based on ignorance then. This is a settled issue. Same sex parents have demonstrably the same affect as 2 opposite sex parents. A stable home is far more beneficial than having one of each sex.

You forgot all the links!Sad