[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 11:39 AM
[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
It is easier to train the family dog to act like a cat than to convince a theist to become an atheist! Its a waste of time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
That thread you posted in was ancient -- 2009.

I'm sure your comment could be attached to any thread in this section, so let's pretend it is and go from there.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-03-2015, 12:20 PM
(08-03-2015 11:39 AM)Transfinite Wrote:  It is easier to train the family dog to act like a cat than to convince a theist to become an atheist! Its a waste of time.

Good to see you've taken on the task of reading all the threads since the start of the forum.

On your way you'll discover that quite probably the majority of TTA members used to be of the theistic persuasion.

So, you were saying?

Drinking Beverage

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
08-03-2015, 06:10 PM
To convince an atheist to become a theist is also impossible.
08-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Well... in relation to your post above I do believe the response is,

"Show that there are/is a deity(s) (I/E/ good evidence/proof)"And we'll go from there. Smile

Much cheers to all.
09-03-2015, 03:44 AM
[Image: 349a425287e2ade0dcea7fb045220b66.jpg]Its not impossible to disprove God but it is very hard. The plan is simple enough give us a hundred years of peace. The bible says there will always be war and rumor of war that there will never be a sustained era of peace, that there will never be a notable era of true peace where every country (well it says nation but that can mean either race or country sooo... take it as you will)
09-03-2015, 04:38 AM
(09-03-2015 03:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  [Image: 349a425287e2ade0dcea7fb045220b66.jpg]Its not impossible to disprove God but it is very hard. The plan is simple enough give us a hundred years of peace. The bible says there will always be war and rumor of war that there will never be a sustained era of peace, that there will never be a notable era of true peace where every country (well it says nation but that can mean either race or country sooo... take it as you will)

Or, you know, you can simply demand evidence for your beliefs. Combine that with the honest realization that there is not enough evidence to warrant positive belief in the supernatural, and you're done.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Lol lets go over some things then shall we? Im here for a nice easy discussion no reason to be hostile. Tell me why do you believe in evolution? What reason do you have to think that we evolved? (FYI im not here to convert you thats not really my forte [SC?] Im generally curious why you think your THEORY is any better or any less supernatural than my THEORY)
09-03-2015, 08:01 PM
(08-03-2015 06:10 PM)renderator Wrote:  To convince an atheist to become a theist is also impossible.

Actually conversion goes both ways. Some notable atheists have converted, and some famous theists have become atheists. The fact is, conversion or de-conversion are complex processes. You don't "convince" anyone of anything they're not prepared and ready for.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-03-2015, 08:11 PM
(09-03-2015 03:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  [Image: 349a425287e2ade0dcea7fb045220b66.jpg]Its not impossible to disprove God but it is very hard. The plan is simple enough give us a hundred years of peace. The bible says there will always be war and rumor of war that there will never be a sustained era of peace, that there will never be a notable era of true peace where every country (well it says nation but that can mean either race or country sooo... take it as you will)

The Bible is not evidence; the Bible is a set of claims.

First prove that the Bible is reliable, then you can introduce it as evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post