[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
User A New Hope here to sell us An Old Lie again Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 12:27 AM
(10-03-2015 09:08 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol this is an atheistic forum would I not be the skeptic? Remember I came to you looking for answers not the other way around. If it had been you EK going to a christian forum looking for answers than yes you would have been the skeptic but alas it is not so. Now lets start with creationism. How does the bible clash with any theory backed up with evidence about how everything began?

Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

We're not made of dust.

Genesis 2:19
Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky.

Animals are not made out of dust, they were here long before humans.

Genesis 20-22
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Human females were not formed from a man's rib. If the animals were created with male/female pairs, then why didn't god do that originally with Adam? Because it's a silly myth and the ancient priests are showing their ignorance of science.

It's all derived from Babylonian/Sumerian mythology, the Sumerian god Enki is the god you worship.
I like the points you make im still reading through the page you linked but I wanted to get this out real quick before I forget. " Cosmography
The cosmography of Genesis is that of the ancient Near East,[1] in which the Earth was thought to be a flat disk floating on water. The flat-disk Earth was seen as one big supercontinent surrounded by a superocean, of which the known seas—what today is called the Mediterranean Sea, the Persian Gulf, and the Red Sea—were inlets. The Earth, the sea around it and the air (or sky) above it were thought to be inside a huge hemisphere, and this hemisphere was thought to be surrounded by water. The dome of this hemisphere (the firmament) was thought of as a solid upside-down bowl (made of tin according to the Sumerians, and iron according to the Egyptians) with the stars embedded in it. The fresh-water sea beneath the Earth was the source of all fresh-water springs, rivers and wells.[1]

In both the Enûma Eliš and Genesis, a god creates this hemisphere (or upside-down bowl) in the midst of the water. In Genesis 1:6 Elohim says "Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water" and goes on to create dry land within it. In the Enûma Eliš, Marduk cuts Tiamat in two to make the heavens above and Earth below." The person th at wrote this part is a little incorrect in the bible the earth is referred to as round.... so why does this say that it is viewed instead as flat?

Also side note. (keep in mind im still reading the page regardless) I would enjoy more edu or org sites rathar than Wikipedia.... I dont know... I was taught all through out school and even now my professors say that wikipedia is great but can be unreliable and therefore they do not accept it as a source for essays and such...... again I will happily read the wikipedia sites but im forced to take them a little more skeptically than I would an org or edu site thanks to this up brining. Thank you though I really appreciate the time your taking to link.
13-03-2015, 12:32 AM
(12-03-2015 11:30 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol have you ever heard of a church called the Westboro Baptist Church cause I feel like a good amount of you would fit in quite nicely just dont talk ahout your differneces in faith and I could easily see all of you being one big happy family. Yes I COULD go on some giant hunt, spend lots of time that I really dont have going on this huge journey to find the NoGod or I could simply wade through alot of your bullshit checking out the links that yall post up. So keep talking shit if it makes you feel better (I get it you probably have no sense of control over your life and are trying to take out these frustrations on me I know youll never admit but a little bit of introspection never hurt anyone Wink ) just keep the links coming please so that I may review them at my leisure. Also... troll? Lmao I must be pretty good at it since I didnt even realize thats what I was doing......

WBC is a thing because of your shitty religion. It's a sign of how ignorant and foolish Christianity is. We have given countless evidence for our side and you have given us nothing for yours. It's not our fault your too blind and dumb to see the evidence of evolution right in front of your face because you would rather believe in a sky daddy that kills thousands of people every month but is also too busy helping people win the lottery and putting Jesus' face on toast. We do not need to give you any more links because you will just reject them like you have the many others we have given you. You are supposedly in a Biology class, try opening up your fucking text book and actually reading it for once.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
13-03-2015, 12:35 AM
(10-03-2015 08:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  How does the bible clash with any theory backed up with evidence about how everything began?

[Image: wpid-screenshot_2013-10-10-00-34-49-1.png]

And don't bother replying... we all know the apologists' acrobatics for this fail.

Wink
Lol I guess youve probably already heard it but the bible says that a day with the lord is an eternity for us meaning that he doesn't measure himself by earthly days.... that would be beyond silly I mean of all the planets out there why would he limit his day to earths? And why would anyone limit themselves by the limits set on their own creation? But I guess youve probably heard that one.... Confused
13-03-2015, 12:35 AM
(10-03-2015 08:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 08:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: wpid-screenshot_2013-10-10-00-34-49-1.png]

And don't bother replying... we all know the apologists' acrobatics for this fail.

Wink

God had a Rolex? Consider
Lol God doesnt have a rolex he has a smart phone duh
13-03-2015, 12:42 AM
(10-03-2015 08:22 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  How does the bible clash with any theory backed up with evidence about how everything began?

A better question would be how the bible matches any evidence we have. As far as I can see, it doesn't in any meaningful way.
It does but you cant see because you do not wish to see.... I mean most christians do not wish to see either so its perfectly understandable. There has been no evidence ive ever looked at that disproves anything I believe... but thats less what im here for... im more here to see evolution the way yall see it.
13-03-2015, 12:44 AM
(10-03-2015 08:00 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 07:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, it is a very precise statement. For example, scientists Neil Shubin, Ted Daeschler, and Farish A. Jenkins, Jr. predicted that fossils of a transitional tetrapod could be found in geological formations of a certain age.

They identified some candidate locations, went searching, and found it.

Your Inner Fish is a great book. Shubin's explaination on the mechanisms concerning how we got from fins to feet is simple enough for anyone to grasp. Well, anyone without a preexisting bias for goddidit anyway.
Lol well luckily just like with science it best to keep personal beliefs out of it and create a conclusion out of the whole picture otherewise your bias is more likely to influence your conclusion in the end.
13-03-2015, 12:45 AM
(13-03-2015 12:35 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 08:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: wpid-screenshot_2013-10-10-00-34-49-1.png]

Wink
Lol I guess youve probably already heard it but the bible says that a day with the lord is an eternity for us meaning that he doesn't measure himself by earthly days.... that would be beyond silly I mean of all the planets out there why would he limit his day to earths? And why would anyone limit themselves by the limits set on their own creation? But I guess youve probably heard that one.... Confused

That does not explain anything. They counted it as the fourth "day". A Day means "the interval of light between two successive nights; the time between sunrise and sunset". They could not possible start counting days before the sun was even created.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
13-03-2015, 01:14 AM
(13-03-2015 12:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 12:35 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol I guess youve probably already heard it but the bible says that a day with the lord is an eternity for us meaning that he doesn't measure himself by earthly days.... that would be beyond silly I mean of all the planets out there why would he limit his day to earths? And why would anyone limit themselves by the limits set on their own creation? But I guess youve probably heard that one.... Confused

That does not explain anything. They counted it as the fourth "day". A Day means "the interval of light between two successive nights; the time between sunrise and sunset". They could not possible start counting days before the sun was even created.
Lol yes that is what we define as a day right? How does this happen? Does the sun and moon revolve around us? No we revolve around the sun and the earth itself rotates. Giving the illsusion that they are moving around us. Now you can not define Gods day as an earth day... at the VERY VERY least I see it as more the time it would take for the entirety of a galactic year. The galactic year, also known as a cosmic year, is the duration of time required for the Solar System to orbit once around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Estimates of the length of one orbit range from 225 to 250 million terrestrial years
13-03-2015, 01:50 AM
(13-03-2015 12:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 11:30 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol have you ever heard of a church called the Westboro Baptist Church cause I feel like a good amount of you would fit in quite nicely just dont talk ahout your differneces in faith and I could easily see all of you being one big happy family. Yes I COULD go on some giant hunt, spend lots of time that I really dont have going on this huge journey to find the NoGod or I could simply wade through alot of your bullshit checking out the links that yall post up. So keep talking shit if it makes you feel better (I get it you probably have no sense of control over your life and are trying to take out these frustrations on me I know youll never admit but a little bit of introspection never hurt anyone Wink ) just keep the links coming please so that I may review them at my leisure. Also... troll? Lmao I must be pretty good at it since I didnt even realize thats what I was doing......

WBC is a thing because of your shitty religion. It's a sign of how ignorant and foolish Christianity is. We have given countless evidence for our side and you have given us nothing for yours. It's not our fault your too blind and dumb to see the evidence of evolution right in front of your face because you would rather believe in a sky daddy that kills thousands of people every month but is also too busy helping people win the lottery and putting Jesus' face on toast. We do not need to give you any more links because you will just reject them like you have the many others we have given you. You are supposedly in a Biology class, try opening up your fucking text book and actually reading it for once.
Lol the bible clearly states that as time goes on many will be misguided thinking that they are believing in God and following his ways when they are really following a path given to them by satan. And as I said before im not here to give evidence or "fight for your soul" im here merely to learn more about evoultion. Thats it. I undertsand that that is probably a new concept, that many other christians have probably come in here many times trying to argue with you and tell you your wrong or stupid for your beliefs, but thats not what im here for, and besides it would be wrong of me to do that. Im suppose to openly share my faith with any that would ask answer whatever questions are directed towards me to the best of my ability, we are not suppose to judge and by trying to tell someone "that they must believe in God or go to hell"without that person coming to us with his/her questions first we are instantly judging that person. We are suppose to live by example thats it, it is wrong for any of us to try and push our views on to another. The bible says to NOT worry ourselves with thoughts of whose going to heaven and whose not, that the Lord is a just lord and will decide fairly. ALSO people DIE that is what they do nothing is sure on this planet but death. and REALLY??? LOTTERY and TOAST? Huge monetary gain is not something given by God, nor is..... toast? (Are you really bring up those crackpots? Dodgy ) Anyways the point is that we live by faith whatever happens will happen. And yes GENERAL biology HUMAN anatomy and HUMAN physiology until now ive only taken ONE class per semester. Ive been all over these three textbooks and not a single one goes to deep into evolution other than what you need to know to understand the next chapter and its really not that much maybe next semester my classes will go more over the subject but as of right now they don't.