[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
(14-03-2015 02:13 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 09:09 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So let me get this right you don't have the time to do a Google search for "Best books on evolution" and click like...the first 3 links and have the answer instantly, but you DO have time to come to a forum ask the question you could ask Google and wait for people to respond with the information you want. While I personally find that lazy and stupid I'll bite anyway.

The Greatest Show on Earth
Why Evolution is True

Those are two of the best as far as books go, and they are very easy to read, even for idiots, so that's a good place for you to start.

The Rough Guide to Evolution
Is less in depth but a much easier read then most, it's also funny and touches on more the just the evidence. It's a bit more....beginner then I like but that's personal preference.

Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters

This book deals with one very specific type of evidence for Evolution. I'd argue it's one of the better ones on the subject of the Fossil record.

Other good books on the Subject include, but are in no way limited to, the following:
Evolution: The Triumph of an Idea
Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body

Aron Ra has a great series on Youtube called The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism which is about the best deconstruction of and explanation of why, even if evolution was not a fact and it is, creationism is still false and not correct.
10th Foundational Falsehood of Creationism is arguably the best of the series dealing more with evolution then the problems of Creationism. It uses a lot of technical words and you might want to have a decent understanding of evolution before you watch it or your likely to just end up confused.
Lol thanks but your missing the point have YOU read all these books personally? Which did you like the best? Yeah I could hit up google and be like "yo google what books you got on evolution for a nigga?" And google can give me the top bought or the top read books on google. But if theres anything ive learned using google its that 95 percent of the population hates to deal with books that are REALLY intelligent and that google generally gives me the highest rated dumbed down books. I want books that professors are reading and talking about... not the general fucking population. Next your going to tell me to read twilight huh? I dont want books I was capable of reading in kindergarten I want a book that really gets into it a book you walk away from learning not only the fucking theory but everything leading up to its discovery the differnt sciences invloved, I want something to go over each theory from the moment it even became a firing neuron in some bitches brain to the moment it fucking became an accepted idea. Is that so fucking hard to grasp? Dodgy are you soooooo hoping for a fight that you dont understand that? If you really want to fight go to your local pub and start something like a real man dont hide behind your keyboard like a whiny little bitch... "oh what you cant use google?"," Oh what you never opened a textbook?" So tell me have you any read any books that actually go over the ENTIRE theory from COGNITION TO ACCEPTANCE???? Big Grin cause IF NOT then PLEASE SHUT UP Angry turn off your computer and go drink a beer. OR [Image: ad0d52526f8a8c081ba24121bbe4c24a.jpg]Thank you. (I still want links some of you are giving me links that do exactley what I want. Thank you.)
In fact i remember this response lol i definitely mistook you for ek. LMAO i deserve that about the dog arguement i use to hear that all the time growing up and tired me autofilled it in. Hit submit without reviewing only to later have to put my foot in my mouth lol it was all bad. But that was me relearning to work past my own schemas.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 05:10 AM
(14-03-2015 04:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 03:18 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  LMAO how tall are you? Cause alot seems to go over your head. The connection I was making was that just like that church hes to caught up in beliefs and lack of beliefs to really say anything worth believing? Yall like science right? GOOD, SO DO I. Now children whats the MOST IMPORTANT rule when studying any science? Can ANYONE tell me? IS ANYONE OUT THERE ABLE TO TELL ME WHAT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEBER AND TO DO WHEN STUDYING ANY SCIENCE? Angry (Please Lord give one of them the wisdom to answer my question, they can't be that much of a sheeple to not know scientific fundamentals.)

Science is about honesty, so if you want to say anything is "most important" out of the things that a scientist does then the most important thing to remember is that your subjective notion of what's going on might be incorrect, and that beyond being honest in your experiments and theorising you also have to be honest with yourself and guard against the danger that you're just pushing your little pet theory which isn't actually quite up to the job.

BUT you better be bloody sure - before you go all "so Theory of Evolution" on me - you better be bloody sure you've done your homework before you declare that current scientific consensus is incorrect, because other scientists will shred your work and laugh at you if you've made some error, or if your error is sufficiently stoopid and schoolboyish that you're clearly a crank they'll just ignore you and get on with their lives.
Thank you Big Grin you smacked that bitch right on the nail.
15-03-2015, 05:11 AM
(14-03-2015 06:42 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 03:18 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lmao stupidity becomes you. I know exactley what atheism is, me and moms talked about this earlier. Im not here to defend my belief or try and put down your lack of belief. I give no shits what you do with your life. All I want is the cold hard facts. I want them presented from cognition to acceptance. Can you give me that?

LMAO how tall are you? Cause alot seems to go over your head. The connection I was making was that just like that church hes to caught up in beliefs and lack of beliefs to really say anything worth believing? Yall like science right? GOOD, SO DO I. Now children whats the MOST IMPORTANT rule when studying any science? Can ANYONE tell me? IS ANYONE OUT THERE ABLE TO TELL ME WHAT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEBER AND TO DO WHEN STUDYING ANY SCIENCE? Angry (Please Lord give one of them the wisdom to answer my question, they can't be that much of a sheeple to not know scientific fundamentals.)

One of the rules of science is have an open mind, you already fail.
? That has been one of my points???
15-03-2015, 05:13 AM
(14-03-2015 01:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 02:13 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol thanks but your missing the point have YOU read all these books personally? Which did you like the best? Yeah I could hit up google and be like "yo google what books you got on evolution for a nigga?" And google can give me the top bought or the top read books on google. But if theres anything ive learned using google its that 95 percent of the population hates to deal with books that are REALLY intelligent and that google generally gives me the highest rated dumbed down books. I want books that professors are reading and talking about... not the general fucking population. Next your going to tell me to read twilight huh? I dont want books I was capable of reading in kindergarten I want a book that really gets into it a book you walk away from learning not only the fucking theory but everything leading up to its discovery the differnt sciences invloved, I want something to go over each theory from the moment it even became a firing neuron in some bitches brain to the moment it fucking became an accepted idea. Is that so fucking hard to grasp? Dodgy are you soooooo hoping for a fight that you dont understand that? If you really want to fight go to your local pub and start something like a real man dont hide behind your keyboard like a whiny little bitch... "oh what you cant use google?"," Oh what you never opened a textbook?" So tell me have you any read any books that actually go over the ENTIRE theory from COGNITION TO ACCEPTANCE???? Big Grin cause IF NOT then PLEASE SHUT UP Angry turn off your computer and go drink a beer. OR [Image: ad0d52526f8a8c081ba24121bbe4c24a.jpg]Thank you. (I still want links some of you are giving me links that do exactley what I want. Thank you.)

I know it is wrong to promote yourself but this is for a reason. I have a post on transitional fossils

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...al-Fossils

and a post on how genetics supports evolution, in fact needs it to explain genetics

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Evolution

This should get you started.
Thank you Zeke
15-03-2015, 05:25 AM
(13-03-2015 03:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 03:31 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Theres evidence, evidence that could not have even been known to the writers of the bible.
Lmao I understand what your trying to say and maybe this quest for knowledge is going to have to wait till summer when I have more free time, it was stupid of me I guess to assume that atheists would be any different than christians other than their a/theistic views. I understand im going to have to read some books thats something I def dont have the time for..... by coming here I was hoping really to get more of a guide line of where to start and in which direction should I guide my decent through all the literature. To find out which sources are most respected in the atheistic community. Really I want to minimize the amount of time and money wasted when I finally start my journey.

Just a kindly suggestion: it is usually more productive asking for information and help without using insult and condescension.
I know chas ive just never been good at the whole "turn the other cheek" thing. If a man hits me i forgive or ignore him.... if he hits me again? I go after his whole blood line.... then i get blinded by anger and it tailspins from there until i get myself under control again. In fact if you look back to the beginning of the forum you might see that pattern emerge.
15-03-2015, 11:14 AM
(13-03-2015 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 04:01 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol I understand your point of view and will defend to the death your right to believe it. One that al2ays boggles my mind is in revelations. In there it talks about.......blah blah blah.....the antichrist will take over the world.....blah blah blah...... will be elected on a platform of peace.....blah blah blah.......then during his rule these two witnesses will arise to mess with the peace and the AC will kill them. Alll very boring so far.... but the next part is what I dont understand the VERY second he kills them EVERYONE EVERYWHERE will rush out of their homes and throw the biggest celebration the world has ever seen for three days. Now given the tech at the time how would it have been even fathom able to deliver news all at once all over the world to every man woman and child the very instant it occurred? I mean take it as you will? I really could not give less fucks. Cool

And your point is ... ? Consider
Well what im saying is that would require instant communication.... with the forms of communication they had at the time how would they even begin to imagine that going down? I mean you can argue that that logic also makes orson scott card a prophet cause he had things like wifi and internet in his books..... but i feel like theres a pretty big difference between 7-20 years and ATLEAST 1800 you know? I mean if the answer to that is simple please share cause that one gets me. That one gets me bad. Ive tried thinking of a way that they can share information instantly to people inside their homes, a way they would have felt was somewhat attainable.
15-03-2015, 11:49 AM
(15-03-2015 04:31 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  im sorry whiskey you must have caught me when i was dealing with ek. Undecided Im sorry for acting like a grade A+ infinity asshole. I dont remeber what i said but i also dont remember responding to you so i must have been thinking i was responding/commenting to ek. Sad

Normally I'm inclined to accept pretty much any kind of, genuine, apology however in this particular case I'm going to have to go against my nature and reject yours.
"I'm sorry I was an asshole to you I meant to be an asshole to one of the highest rated and among the most respect forum members" is not an excuse for shitty behavior.

As far as your attempt to feign a kinda of ......internet amnesia I think your just lying. You responded to my posts twice, with my name all over them, and my avatar, and you were able to successfully respond to them, confusion free, twice. So no I don't buy it and I think your lying your ass off. I think you acted like an asshole cause you are in your heart and asshole and now you wanna pull yourself back from the edge and act like the good little Christian. Sorry son, you can't unring that bell.

(15-03-2015 04:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol also that post with the holocaust thingy was completely sarcastic used to illustrate how narrow minded people are when they want to believe an idea. And what great lengths they will go to to prove their theory and bring up all kinds of things (that really prove nothing) as "evidence" and stick to their guns rather than remaining objective. Again something ment for ek.
See and this is why I don't except your bullshit apology because you go on to lie right to my face. You posted that dumb cunt link in a totally different tread{not the one you were engaged with EK in) in response to a totally different person(not EK) where you personally call the holocaust a lie before giving the link and give no indication whatso-fucking-ever that you are being sarcastic.

You're a fucking lying sack of shit.

(15-03-2015 04:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lastly im using an app that i downloaded for a political forum it also covers i saw the atheist one and was like they MUST know a thing or two. I didnt imagine that people could be atheist and feel satisfied keeping it at that. That people wouldnt want to find out more about our origins. That was my own over-confident schema.... and again im sorry.
None of which explains why you chose to go to a forum not about evolution to discuss the subject of evolution where you knew ahead of time that your primitive dumbass superstitious beliefs would be antagonistic.
You could have got your answers much faster and with far less issue elsewhere and you know that. You're a shit disturber.

(15-03-2015 04:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Eks a unintelligent gimp who shouldnt be allowed to interwebs. Thank you.
No actually motherfucker he's not. He's consistently shot holes time after fucking time with your method of thinking. He's been spanking your dumb ass since you got here. When you tried to falsely and blatantly reverse the burden of proof on to us he explicitly and entirely showed how that was wrong and your response was to act like a cunt and accuse a good number of us being " like the Westboro Baptist Church". You make a bunch of bullshit claims about what we feel, what we think, that we were abused by Christians as children and the one thing you don't do, yous stupid motherfucking idiot, is make an actual argument.
Not only is EK not an "unintelligent gimp" he is, as he has displayed here repeatedly, your intellectual superior by several orders of magnitude.

Not only that but for fuck sake to tell someone they should not be allowed on the internet when you don't have a grasp on spelling, grammar, can't figure out who your responding to or what you are even saying, can't format worth a shit, and don't even know to go to evolution sites to learn about evolution.

Eat a buffet of dicks you ignorant little lier.

(15-03-2015 05:07 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  about the dog arguement i use to hear that all the time growing up and tired me autofilled it in.
No you said it because you believe it because your knowledge on evolution is that flawed. This is why you said its "..a theory. nothing more."..not knowing even what the fuck the word theory means in a scientific context. That's just two examples and there are a lot more.

You said it because you don't know the first fucking thing about the subject. Tired my ass you were still typing out responses over the next 8 hours.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-03-2015, 11:59 AM
(15-03-2015 11:14 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  And your point is ... ? Consider
Well what im saying is that would require instant communication.... with the forms of communication they had at the time how would they even begin to imagine that going down? I mean you can argue that that logic also makes orson scott card a prophet cause he had things like wifi and internet in his books..... but i feel like theres a pretty big difference between 7-20 years and ATLEAST 1800 you know? I mean if the answer to that is simple please share cause that one gets me. That one gets me bad. Ive tried thinking of a way that they can share information instantly to people inside their homes, a way they would have felt was somewhat attainable.

Magic.

Seriously, are you trying to imply that some desert goat herders had access to knowledge of the existence of advanced technology? That ain't gonna wash.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2015, 12:02 PM
(15-03-2015 11:14 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  And your point is ... ? Consider
They also didn't have multiheaded dragons, men with swords coming out of their mouths, people holding seven stars in their hand and a bunch of other stupid shit. That's the great thing about making up a fucking story you can make up whatever you like. That's the beauty of fiction.

Also lets talk this passage:
Quote:Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
How is every person on a round planet supposed to see one location in the lower atmosphere all at once? Also how are the people who pierced him (either the romans....or his disciples ifyaknowwhatImeanLaugh out load ) who have been dead oh about 2000 years supposed to see this earthly event?

Revelation is one of the most obviously bullshit out of an entire book of bullshit which is why it was the last to be added to the canon, was contested, and many prominent Christians including that total asshole Martin Luther and many others rejected it's inclusion and wanted it removed. It's fan fiction, and shitty fan fiction.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
15-03-2015, 01:16 PM
(15-03-2015 05:10 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Thank you Big Grin you smacked that bitch right on the nail.

... And the point of your question was?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.