[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
(10-03-2015 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 04:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ..
Upgrade that sucker! Big Grin

Dr. Neil Shubin, one of the people actually involved with discovering Tiktaalik.

Excellent! That was definitely worth three hours of my life.

Cheers.

Sorry folks, I haven't been following the chat. I just popped in to say, thanks to EK for this vid.

I've just watched it again, now that I have my wifi installed ... it only took an hour this time.

Cheers.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 06:23 PM
(15-03-2015 01:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Excellent! That was definitely worth three hours of my life.

Cheers.

Sorry folks, I haven't been following the chat. I just popped in to say, thanks to EK for this vid.

I've just watched it again, now that I have my wifi installed ... it only took an hour this time.

Cheers.
Lmao "polar bears eat people"
15-03-2015, 10:46 PM
(15-03-2015 01:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Excellent! That was definitely worth three hours of my life.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Lol video added to evolution playlist. But.... upgrade what?
16-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Something which might help to visualize...

Instead of viewing evolution in this egocentric way...
[Image: Ego_zpse7llnugi.jpg]
This is not how it stacks up.

Try viewing it in this far more accurate way...
[Image: Eco_zpsxvu859cm.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-03-2015, 03:07 PM
(15-03-2015 11:49 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 04:31 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  im sorry whiskey you must have caught me when i was dealing with ek. Undecided Im sorry for acting like a grade A+ infinity asshole. I dont remeber what i said but i also dont remember responding to you so i must have been thinking i was responding/commenting to ek. Sad

Normally I'm inclined to accept pretty much any kind of, genuine, apology however in this particular case I'm going to have to go against my nature and reject yours.
"I'm sorry I was an asshole to you I meant to be an asshole to one of the highest rated and among the most respect forum members" is not an excuse for shitty behavior.

As far as your attempt to feign a kinda of ......internet amnesia I think your just lying. You responded to my posts twice, with my name all over them, and my avatar, and you were able to successfully respond to them, confusion free, twice. So no I don't buy it and I think your lying your ass off. I think you acted like an asshole cause you are in your heart and asshole and now you wanna pull yourself back from the edge and act like the good little Christian. Sorry son, you can't unring that bell.

(15-03-2015 04:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol also that post with the holocaust thingy was completely sarcastic used to illustrate how narrow minded people are when they want to believe an idea. And what great lengths they will go to to prove their theory and bring up all kinds of things (that really prove nothing) as "evidence" and stick to their guns rather than remaining objective. Again something ment for ek.
See and this is why I don't except your bullshit apology because you go on to lie right to my face. You posted that dumb cunt link in a totally different tread{not the one you were engaged with EK in) in response to a totally different person(not EK) where you personally call the holocaust a lie before giving the link and give no indication whatso-fucking-ever that you are being sarcastic.

You're a fucking lying sack of shit.

(15-03-2015 04:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lastly im using an app that i downloaded for a political forum it also covers i saw the atheist one and was like they MUST know a thing or two. I didnt imagine that people could be atheist and feel satisfied keeping it at that. That people wouldnt want to find out more about our origins. That was my own over-confident schema.... and again im sorry.
None of which explains why you chose to go to a forum not about evolution to discuss the subject of evolution where you knew ahead of time that your primitive dumbass superstitious beliefs would be antagonistic.
You could have got your answers much faster and with far less issue elsewhere and you know that. You're a shit disturber.

(15-03-2015 04:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Eks a unintelligent gimp who shouldnt be allowed to interwebs. Thank you.
No actually motherfucker he's not. He's consistently shot holes time after fucking time with your method of thinking. He's been spanking your dumb ass since you got here. When you tried to falsely and blatantly reverse the burden of proof on to us he explicitly and entirely showed how that was wrong and your response was to act like a cunt and accuse a good number of us being " like the Westboro Baptist Church". You make a bunch of bullshit claims about what we feel, what we think, that we were abused by Christians as children and the one thing you don't do, yous stupid motherfucking idiot, is make an actual argument.
Not only is EK not an "unintelligent gimp" he is, as he has displayed here repeatedly, your intellectual superior by several orders of magnitude.

Not only that but for fuck sake to tell someone they should not be allowed on the internet when you don't have a grasp on spelling, grammar, can't figure out who your responding to or what you are even saying, can't format worth a shit, and don't even know to go to evolution sites to learn about evolution.

Eat a buffet of dicks you ignorant little lier.

(15-03-2015 05:07 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  about the dog arguement i use to hear that all the time growing up and tired me autofilled it in.
No you said it because you believe it because your knowledge on evolution is that flawed. This is why you said its "..a theory. nothing more."..not knowing even what the fuck the word theory means in a scientific context. That's just two examples and there are a lot more.

You said it because you don't know the first fucking thing about the subject. Tired my ass you were still typing out responses over the next 8 hours.
Honestly my friend I AM an asshole, lol my apology to you was null and void the second i realized you did attacked me first. Lmao play victim all you want but anyone that TRULY CARES can go back in the thread and see that you arent a victim. And yes hes GOING ( Rolleyes )to be the highest rated. He plays games in his debates, he attacks the person he argues with and doesnt know how to remain objective, which is exactley what sheeple like. Ive seen him at work in many different discussions now and each one is exactley the same..... he TRIES REALLY HARD to refute evidence that he doesnt like and if he cant do it then he attacks the person directly. All the while his tone (and even some of the people or work that he sites) illustrates that he is incapable of remaining objective. Its okay. I understand, the masses have never been able to remain objective, quickly following anyone that says anything they WANT to hear. Like children following the ice cream truck they are just drawn to it. If people were have as intelligent as they project themselves to be then the world wouldnt be the way it is. Confused

Getting back to me (because i LOVE to talk about myself) i am an asshole, a dick, an inconsiderate prick satisifed with himself exactley the way he is. Life has taught me that i have to be. That to make the world my bitch i need to maintain some level of psychopathic tendencies, the best leaders do. I am a wolf among the sheeple and boy do i envy you living in your ignorant little bubbles because as they say ignorance is bliss. Big Grin

hey heres something for you to watch: [URL] https://youtu.be/ZLk75fFXqH4 [/URL]
Enjoy Wink
18-03-2015, 03:28 PM
(16-03-2015 02:56 PM)kim Wrote:  Something which might help to visualize...

Instead of viewing evolution in this egocentric way...
[Image: Ego_zpse7llnugi.jpg]
This is not how it stacks up.

Try viewing it in this far more accurate way...
[Image: Eco_zpsxvu859cm.jpg]
Im not going to lie my schemas definitely viewed it the first way. How saddening Confused
18-03-2015, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 04:31 PM by kim.)
Give yourself time - detailed learning can often be a slow and building progression.
Changing one's point of view doesn't change the thing viewed... it changes the viewer.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
19-03-2015, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2015 04:50 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Honestly my friend I AM an asshole, lol my apology to you was null and void the second i realized you did attacked me first.
1.) You can't try and take back an apology that was never accepted. It never left your hand. That's just pathetically childish man.Laugh out load
2.) Our first conversation was about the word yom in Hebrew which you responded to my criticism by being both entirely wrong and passive-aggressively sarcastic asshole.
3.) Conversations on this forum do not happen in a vacuum. I had read numerous conversations with other people here where you act like the unmitigated cunt that you are. If you go into a persons home and start setting fires and rubbing your shit on the walls don't expect me to offer you breakfast and a massage. You were acting like an asshole and attacking people long before I joined the conversation kiddo.
4.) As far as attacks go I called your antics stupid and lazy, but I didn't call you stupid or lazy. (Don't get me wrong though.... I absolutely think you're lazy and stupid and a lying raging lunatic NOW) While I thought your reasons for being here were a false pretense I actually gave you exactly what you wanted. Exactly what you asked for. A thing I can assure you I would not have done if my intention was to attack you. Giving a person exactly what they ask for is not really considered a useful way to attack them.

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lmao play victim all you want
Oh how original, I accuse you of acting like a bitch with a skinned knee with a persecution complex and your response is "nuh-uh! You are!". No Christian has ever done that here before.Rolleyes
The FACT of the matter is I gave you exactly what you asked for and you went off and had a temper tantrum, lying about what I had done and said, and telling me to shut the fuck up. Again...for giving you exactly what you asked for. If I hurt your fucking feels man by calling your actions lazy and stupid that does not justify your behavior. Sack up sunshine.

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  he attacks the person he argues with and doesnt know how to remain objective
First off I laugh at the hypocrisy of this because you have yet to argue one single iota of what I've said criticizing your behavior. In fact all you have done so far is attack my person. Well that and try to claim your justified in acting like a cunt because "mommy he started it!".
Secondly EK has been ripping your dumb shit to ribbons and he has not had to do any of the things you accuse him of to do it. You're welcome to provide examples, in context naturally, of him doing that but ...honestly I doubt you will do that. He's been kicking your ass since you got here and you're just butthurt about it. *yawn*

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Its okay. I understand, the masses have never been able to remain objective, quickly following anyone that says anything they WANT to hear.
Thanks for the quick recap of how your religion works.Drinking Beverage

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  If people were have as intelligent as they project themselves to be then the world wouldnt be the way it is.
What you mean getting much better as time goes on? Coincidentally it's getting better faster the less religion is involved by the way. You fucking religious and your doom and gloom, humanity is better off today then it was 50 years ago and it will be better off 50 years from now then it is right now.

Though I do believe you are "have intelligant" as you project. Laugh out load

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Getting back to me (because i LOVE to talk about myself) i am an asshole, a dick, an inconsiderate prick satisifed with himself exactley the way he is. Life has taught me that i have to be.
I find that extremely funny for three reasons the first being you're just an uneducated tool who bought into the most superstitious nonsense the world ever produced. Second because you blame "the world" for your behavior which is just such a typical religious mindset blame something or someone else, the world, for my own actions. Childish nonsense, you're an asshole because you like to be an asshole end of story.Third and last is because what you just described is literately the exact opposite of the teachings of Christ making you a shitty shitty Christian. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  That to make the world my bitch i need to maintain some level of psychopathic tendencies, the best leaders do.
A shitty shitty chest thumping Christian. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  I am a wolf among the sheeple and boy do i envy you living in your ignorant little bubbles...

Oh look the falsely inflated sense of superiority of a religious believer. How new. Rolleyes
I also think it's hilarious you calling us ignorant, US the fucking people you came to to ask questions and learn from. YOU who makes grade school level errors in his understanding of biology.
Your insults have no sting kiddo, because they are so fucking wrong and hypercritical that they have no bite. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

(18-03-2015 03:07 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  hey heres something for you to watch
I'm more of a alternative bluegrass kinda guy, but thanks anyway. Rolleyes

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Afraid to mention "A New Hope" that you were in fact the first one to throw a punch: ( Page 9 )

Quote:Lol have you ever heard of a church called the Westboro Baptist Church cause I feel like a good amount of you would fit in quite nicely just dont talk ahout your differneces in faith and I could easily see all of you being one big happy family. Yes I COULD go on some giant hunt, spend lots of time that I really dont have going on this huge journey to find the NoGod or I could simply wade through alot of your bullshit checking out the links that yall post up. So keep talking shit if it makes you feel better (I get it you probably have no sense of control over your life and are trying to take out these frustrations on me I know youll never admit but a little bit of introspection never hurt anyone Wink ) just keep the links coming please so that I may review them at my leisure. Also... troll? Lmao I must be pretty good at it since I didnt even realize thats what I was doing......

*shrug* really you didnt do much to calm down the situation either so i will go out from my observation that you never actually considered any of the answers in this thread thus far.

As you said on page 1:
Quote:Lol lets go over some things then shall we? Im here for a nice easy discussion no reason to be hostile. Tell me why do you believe in evolution? What reason do you have to think that we evolved? (FYI im not here to convert you thats not really my forte [SC?] Im generally curious why you think your THEORY is any better or any less supernatural than my THEORY)

Where is this "curiosity" you spoke of? All i see now is a person that toss a tantrum because nobody could give you the "bible" of evolution. Sorry to tell you, but while your religion lives ( and dies ) by a single book, evolution have thousands of books to choose from.
03-04-2015, 08:29 AM
I honestly don't know how anyone can take creationism seriously. Even when I was a child going to Sunday school, I always thought it was a cute fairy tale. Anything with talking animals, I just associated them with the same stories my mom used to read to me. :rollseyes:

My borderline extremist Messianic friend and her boyfriend were arguing Creationism with me when I posted something that had to do with living without God on Facebook. Anytime I asked just a simple question, they'd skirt around it and refer to another area of the subject. They were giving me so many "science" based arguments too, and being pretty much new to the subject, I couldn't come back with something more concrete. Then I realized that her boyfriend was pretty much copying and pasting stuff word for word from Answers in Genesis. Facepalm

Then my friend said that evolution is racist and leads to totalitarianism. Frusty

If any of you guys are interested in seeing the whole argument or just feel like having a laugh, here's the link to the whole conversation.

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.