[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
(09-03-2015 07:57 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol lets go over some things then shall we? Im here for a nice easy discussion no reason to be hostile. Tell me why do you believe in evolution? What reason do you have to think that we evolved? (FYI im not here to convert you thats not really my forte [SC?] Im generally curious why you think your THEORY is any better or any less supernatural than my THEORY)

You don't have a theory, you have an unevidenced claim.

Evolution is a well-supported scientific theory.

Quote:A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
09-03-2015, 08:20 PM
EVERY major university in the entire world teaches the Theory of Evolution. There is no better explanation for what we observe. Any real credible scientist who could refute it, or come up with a better theory, would instantly get a Nobel Prize. The fact is, no one can refute Evolution.

There is no evidence for any god. Humans cooked up every line in the Bible, mostly for political reasons.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2015, 08:27 PM
(09-03-2015 07:57 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol lets go over some things then shall we? Im here for a nice easy discussion no reason to be hostile. Tell me why do you believe in evolution? What reason do you have to think that we evolved? (FYI im not here to convert you thats not really my forte [SC?] Im generally curious why you think your THEORY is any better or any less supernatural than my THEORY)

Here is a bit of information you may find useful. A scientific theory is different from a regular theory. A scientific theory has been tested, peer reviewed, and pretty much confirmed. Evolution is a fact, it's an observable mechanic we have evidence for. The theory of evolution is a human concept of how this mechanic known as evolution works. We know it exists we just do not know to the full extent how it works, the scientific theory of evolution helps us explain how it works.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-03-2015, 08:29 PM

The "theory" of evolution that you have in mind is from Darwin's "On the Origin of Species."

The "reality" of evolution that we have today is an indisputable fact. Arguments against it demonstrate a very ignorant opponent.

It is merely wishful thinking on behalf of religious people that evolution has not been proven. You can even see direct conclusive evidence of evolution as it happens.

All you need to do is look at the wolf, and since we all know that all dogs come from the wolf, we can see how evolution works in real-time.

With the wolf and the various breeds of dogs, you can see the origin of the canine species- the wolf- and the evolution of that original species into the various breeds of dogs.

It's conclusively demonstrable.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
09-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Gravity is "just a theory" also. Are people who say "Evolution is just a theory" gonna go jump off the Empire State Building, because (gravity) "is just a theory" ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Because you don't have one. Evolution has predictions that come true and it has evidence. Creationism does not. You have no scientific standing to even compare creationism to evolution. It is also not super natural as it is not fiction.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-03-2015, 08:55 PM

I’m curious as to why you don’t.

Please tell us what parts of the Theory you don’t agree with and why. And if it’s not too much trouble cite any papers that you think will help us understand your point of view.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-03-2015, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 09:10 PM by EvolutionKills.)

Evidence.

Evolution by natural selection is the most well substantiated theory in science.

There is zero evidence for the supernatural. Also, you don't even have a theory.

Q.E.D. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-03-2015, 09:13 PM
(09-03-2015 04:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...
Or, you know, you can simply demand evidence for your beliefs. Combine that with the honest realization that there is not enough evidence to warrant positive belief in the supernatural, and you're done.

(09-03-2015 07:57 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  ...
I'm here for a nice easy discussion no reason to be hostile.

You thought EK was being hostile?

You're new here, right? Laugh out load

@EK,
Please stop being so damned hostile when passively stating your opinion loaded with annoying facts.
Thanks.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2015, 09:38 PM
(09-03-2015 09:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  @EK,
Please stop being so damned hostile when passively stating your opinion loaded with annoying facts.
Thanks.

I'll get right on that chief. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post