[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
(10-03-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Thats[sic] more like it but heres[sic] where I get stuck the bible says God made us in his image but obviously god has no physical form as he is everything so really he designed us from his imagination well a primeape[sic] is the most capable animal he created why not use that as a basis work from there to create a more adaptable vessel?

Entirely unsubstantiated. God is not obviously anything, let alone everything.

How do you even define 'most capable'? If by 'capable', you mean 'best suited to survive', then we're not even the most capable species on this planet. That honor would probably fall to the Tardigrade. It can survive the both the radiation and the vacuum of space, extremes of temperature (-272 C to 151 C), pressure (6000 atmospheres), and dehydration.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  FOR EXAMPLE:A spider with a red color on its chest lives among purple flowers so it can catch the insects that come to feed on the flower in one way or another natural selction[sic] says that the spiders with a closer hue to the purple of the flower wouod[sic] be the most likely to survive.

Not necessarily. It depends on whether or not camouflage is advantageous to the survivability of that spider. Now considering that many, if not most, species of spiders do not rely on camouflage for survival (that's what their web is for); I have to wonder were you are going with this.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  So through many generations it began to change(evolve) its hue to a more purple one until it reached the purple of the flower. But why when it comes to humans do we lose things?

You'd better be more specific.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  I mean in what area of the world do the non hand like feet come out as a good thing?

Have you seen a chimpanzee or gorilla sprint? How about long distance running on just two feet? No? Because they haven't adapted to be able to do that, unlike humans. As the forests in northern Africa gave way to the desert millions of years ago, our ancestors had to adapt to spending more time on the ground than in the trees.

Fortunately for us all, they succeeded.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  In what area of the world is not having the insulating fur help?

Sub-Saharan Africa. You know, where our species originated from.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Why are we physically weaker than most primeapes[sic] I mean that atleast[sic] needs to be examined how does being weaker helo[sic] anything?

Because greater strength clearly wasn't conducive to the survival of our species. We actually have the genes for the stronger jaw muscles seen in gorillas (never mind that our current bite strength already matches that of a Great White shark), but they're now dormant; which is good. Those extra muscles required more bone structure to anchor themselves to, resulting in reduced cavity space for the brain within the skull. By losing those extra muscles, our skulls were able to expand and accommodate our proportionally larger brains; and our brains have been one of the greatest keys to our species' survival.

We also competed with larger and stronger species, most notably Homo Neanderthalensis, and we came out on top. Clearly being larger and stronger came at a cost, and it resulted in their extinction.
YES AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

OKAY how do I quote only sections of the post so I can better ask my questions?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 12:33 AM
(10-03-2015 12:23 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 12:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously dude you claim to be a student of biology. Have you NEVER opened a biology book? Facepalm
*sigh* I must be wasting my money on this school I didnt realize human antomy, human physiology, and general biology go over the beginning of the the universe. My bad I guess I missed that chapter..... shit and the drop date passed like a two weeks ago. Moms congrats on making admin.

Hold the thinly veiled condescension, asshole. Drinking Beverage

(10-03-2015 12:23 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  So like I said lets start at the beginning moms can you help me go over these theories as an admin im[sic] guessing you you must know a great amount on evolution as a whole. What are the theories offered by evoultionists[sic] to how the universe was created?

[Image: Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg]

Evolution =/= Abiogenesis =/= Theoretical Physics =/= Cosmology

(10-03-2015 12:23 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  (Wouldnt[sic] that type of information be more in like an astrology class? What class would go over that?)

Astrology? As in the pseudoscientific study of constellations for the purpose of bogus horoscopes? No.

The word you're look for would be Astronomy, or more accurately, Cosmology.

(10-03-2015 12:23 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Yall[sic] are entertaining, your antichristian[sic] prejudice is so laughable, but are you really going to let it get in the way of showing a humble student the path?

It's not an anti-Christian bias, it's anti-bullshit (also known as skepticism). Too bad it's so hard to separate the two, as you've so expertly demonstrated.

(10-03-2015 12:23 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  I was hoping to go over your theories and evidence and see why you believe that there is no way that there can be a God, but all im[sic] seeing is A LOT of angry talk and very little actual evidence.

Another theist asking us to prove a negative. How original. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-03-2015, 12:34 AM
(10-03-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Thats[sic] more like it but heres[sic] where I get stuck the bible says God made us in his image but obviously god has no physical form as he is everything so really he designed us from his imagination well a primeape[sic] is the most capable animal he created why not use that as a basis work from there to create a more adaptable vessel?

Entirely unsubstantiated. God is not obviously anything, let alone everything.

How do you even define 'most capable'? If by 'capable', you mean 'best suited to survive', then we're not even the most capable species on this planet. That honor would probably fall to the Tardigrade. It can survive the both the radiation and the vacuum of space, extremes of temperature (-272 C to 151 C), pressure (6000 atmospheres), and dehydration.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  FOR EXAMPLE:A spider with a red color on its chest lives among purple flowers so it can catch the insects that come to feed on the flower in one way or another natural selction[sic] says that the spiders with a closer hue to the purple of the flower wouod[sic] be the most likely to survive.

Not necessarily. It depends on whether or not camouflage is advantageous to the survivability of that spider. Now considering that many, if not most, species of spiders do not rely on camouflage for survival (that's what their web is for); I have to wonder were you are going with this.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  So through many generations it began to change(evolve) its hue to a more purple one until it reached the purple of the flower. But why when it comes to humans do we lose things?

You'd better be more specific.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  I mean in what area of the world do the non hand like feet come out as a good thing?

Have you seen a chimpanzee or gorilla sprint? How about long distance running on just two feet? No? Because they haven't adapted to be able to do that, unlike humans. As the forests in northern Africa gave way to the desert millions of years ago, our ancestors had to adapt to spending more time on the ground than in the trees.

Fortunately for us all, they succeeded.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  In what area of the world is not having the insulating fur help?

Sub-Saharan Africa. You know, where our species originated from.

(09-03-2015 11:42 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Why are we physically weaker than most primeapes[sic] I mean that atleast[sic] needs to be examined how does being weaker helo[sic] anything?

Because greater strength clearly wasn't conducive to the survival of our species. We actually have the genes for the stronger jaw muscles seen in gorillas (never mind that our current bite strength already matches that of a Great White shark), but they're now dormant; which is good. Those extra muscles required more bone structure to anchor themselves to, resulting in reduced cavity space for the brain within the skull. By losing those extra muscles, our skulls were able to expand and accommodate our proportionally larger brains; and our brains have been one of the greatest keys to our species' survival.

We also competed with larger and stronger species, most notably Homo Neanderthalensis, and we came out on top. Clearly being larger and stronger came at a cost, and it resulted in their extinction.
Good. Now where getting it. How do I quote only a section so I can better ask my questions?
10-03-2015, 12:36 AM
(10-03-2015 12:30 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  OKAY how do I quote only sections of the post so I can better ask my questions?

Learn how to internets?

10-03-2015, 12:39 AM
(09-03-2015 11:46 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol * why are we physically weaker than most primeapes I mean that atleast needs to be examined, how does being weaker help anything?

Primeape is a Pokemon. Humans are not weaker than most Primates, we are weaker than some but I doubt we are weaker than Lemurs and smaller monkeys. Mostly Gorillas and we are weaker than them because they rely on their arms for movement more than us with climbing and what not, they build more muscle and also the fibers in their muscle skeleton are longer and can generate 2 times more work output than we can. We also evolved to have finer motor skills which over time subtracted from our strength to be more careful unlike Gorillas which do not have as fine motor skills as us so more is being put into their strength.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and...anzee.html

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
10-03-2015, 12:40 AM
See your just spouting out nonsense still these names mean nothing to me go over them explain them show how they fit into your theory of evolution. Im curious as to how it all fits together for you guys? Why is it so compellingly simple in your minds? Show me link the evidence and the theories that you do believe in tell me why you believe them why they satisfy your thirst for answers?
10-03-2015, 12:44 AM
That thing about the chromosomes was amazing it was well stated your belief on it was clear and I learned something it helps me see why that satified your thirst to the questions I had keeo that up give me more stuff like that.
10-03-2015, 12:45 AM
(10-03-2015 12:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 12:30 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  OKAY how do I quote only sections of the post so I can better ask my questions?

Learn how to internets?
Lol its probably cause Im on a phone...
10-03-2015, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 12:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-03-2015 12:40 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  See your just spouting out nonsense still these names mean nothing to me go over them explain them show how they fit into your theory of evolution. Im curious as to how it all fits together for you guys? Why is it so compellingly simple in your minds? Show me link the evidence and the theories that you do believe in tell me why you believe them why they satisfy your thirst for answers?

(10-03-2015 12:44 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  That thing about the chromosomes was amazing it was well stated your belief on it was clear and I learned something it helps me see why that satified your thirst to the questions I had keeo that up give me more stuff like that.

Go read a book.

[Image: 51pZEx0CtvL.jpg]

Got 15 hours? Here's the full audio book on YouTube.

Of course you could always try using Google like a big-boy, and you might get yourself to the website for the University of California in Berkley.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary...opic_id=46

Lines of evidence: The science of evolution

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2015, 12:48 AM
(10-03-2015 12:39 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 11:46 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol * why are we physically weaker than most primeapes I mean that atleast needs to be examined, how does being weaker help anything?

Primeape is a Pokemon. Humans are not weaker than most Primates, we are weaker than some but I doubt we are weaker than Lemurs and smaller monkeys. Mostly Gorillas and we are weaker than them because they rely on their arms for movement more than us with climbing and what not, they build more muscle and also the fibers in their muscle skeleton are longer and can generate 2 times more work output than we can. We also evolved to have finer motor skills which over time subtracted from our strength to be more careful unlike Gorillas which do not have as fine motor skills as us so more is being put into their strength.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and...anzee.html
Thank you JDog554 this is more of what I want.
[+] 1 user Likes A New Hope's post