[split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 04:18 AM by JDog554.)
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
(10-03-2015 03:48 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Cause I see all this science but nothing that really disproves anything the bible says? But while yall answer that for me im going read some more maybe ill find the answer before yall respond

Leviticus 11:13-19
And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls ; they shall not be eaten... And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

A bat is not a fowl. This is one of many examples of inaccuracies in the bible.

Also the bible talks about Unicorns(1) and Dragons(2). Creatures we know do no exist and are made up.

1: Jeremiah 10:22 Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.

2: Isaiah 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 04:08 AM
(10-03-2015 03:48 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Cause I see all this science but nothing that really disproves anything the bible says? But while yall answer that for me im going read some more maybe ill find the answer before yall respond

Disprove the Bible?

The Bible is not true by default. Therein lies your fatal flaw, the core of your presupposition. It is not up to us to disprove the Bible, it's up to those positing a positive belief in the truthfulness of the Bible to substantiate those claims. If you think the Bible is true, it's up to you to provide evidence in favor of that position; it's not the job of the skeptic to preemptively disprove your position.

Once again: Your beliefs are not true by default.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-03-2015, 04:16 AM
(09-03-2015 09:59 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  To say that evolution has predictions that come true is to broad a statement.

[Image: pic-42337-tiktaalik.jpg]

Just going to lay down my trap card.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-03-2015, 04:23 AM
(10-03-2015 04:16 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 09:59 PM)A New Hope Wrote:  To say that evolution has predictions that come true is to broad a statement.

[Image: pic-42337-tiktaalik.jpg]

Just going to lay down my trap card.

Upgrade that sucker! Big Grin

Dr. Neil Shubin, one of the people actually involved with discovering Tiktaalik.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2015, 05:26 AM
(09-03-2015 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually conversion goes both ways. Some notable atheists have converted, and some famous theists have become atheists. The fact is, conversion or de-conversion are complex processes. You don't "convince" anyone of anything they're not prepared and ready for.
I don't think there is any conversion. The evidences of any hocus-pocus and any magic look absolutely the same, it depends on you only how to percieve them. There cannot be any objective reason to be a theist or an athest. It is something congenital.
10-03-2015, 05:58 AM
(10-03-2015 04:04 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Leviticus 11:13-19
And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls ; they shall not be eaten... And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

Also the bible talks about Unicorns(1) and Dragons(2). Creatures we know do no exist and are made up.

1: Jeremiah 10:22 Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.

2: Isaiah 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
Yes because to say washington d.c. is a snake pit is completely unheard of.... metaphors. Lets not grasp at straws here.
10-03-2015, 06:04 AM
(10-03-2015 04:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Disprove the Bible?

The Bible is not true by default. Therein lies your fatal flaw, the core of your presupposition. It is not up to us to disprove the Bible, it's up to those positing a positive belief in the truthfulness of the Bible to substantiate those claims. If you think the Bible is true, it's up to you to provide evidence in favor of that position; it's not the job of the skeptic to preemptively disprove your position.

Once again: Your beliefs are not true by default.
Lol this is an atheistic forum would I not be the skeptic? Remember I came to you looking for answers not the other way around. If it had been you EK going to a christian forum looking for answers than yes you would have been the skeptic but alas it is not so. Now lets start with creationism. How does the bible clash with any theory backed up with evidence about how everything began?
10-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Lol and im not saying you have to disprove the the bible im mearly stating that so far we havent gone over a single thing that one hundred percent says that God didnt create everything.
10-03-2015, 06:19 AM
(10-03-2015 05:58 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 04:04 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Leviticus 11:13-19

Yes because to say washington d.c. is a snake pit is completely unheard of.... metaphors. Lets not grasp at straws here.

Calling a bat a bird is not really a metaphor. It's uneducated early men writing stories based on their current knowledge and other outside sources. Funny how the bible has these mythical creatures like other fairy tales.

There are so many scientific errors in the bible, It would take me all day to list them. So here are some links.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html

http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/errors.htm

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Scientific_..._the_Bible

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-03-2015, 06:21 AM
(10-03-2015 06:13 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol and im not saying you have to disprove the the bible im mearly stating that so far we havent gone over a single thing that one hundred percent says that God didnt create everything.

No one has said they believe 100% God didn't create anything, we are saying based on the evidence right in front of our faces and all around us that most are to blinded by forced faith to see that it's highly likely he doesn't exist also your changing the entire subject and asking an entire different question, this was about evolution, not about God creating everything.

[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post