• 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: [split] Conversations with Theists/Creationists
(10-03-2015 08:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 08:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  God had a Rolex? Consider

It was probably an omega timepiece.

Pretty sure it was a Rolex, but he got it here:

[Image: o.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-03-2015, 09:18 AM
(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 04:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Disprove the Bible?

The Bible is not true by default. Therein lies your fatal flaw, the core of your presupposition. It is not up to us to disprove the Bible, it's up to those positing a positive belief in the truthfulness of the Bible to substantiate those claims. If you think the Bible is true, it's up to you to provide evidence in favor of that position; it's not the job of the skeptic to preemptively disprove your position.

Once again: Your beliefs are not true by default.
Lol this is an atheistic forum would I not be the skeptic?

Hardly. There is a distinct difference between being the opposition, and being a skeptic; they are not one in the same. If you do consider yourself to be both a believer and a skeptic, then you really suck at one of those two things.

(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Remember I came to you looking for answers not the other way around.

Once again, hardly. If you were genuinely looking for answers, you already have have access to Google. You came here to pick a fight, to defend your current position, under the guise of JAQ'ing off.

(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  If it had been you EK going to a christian forum looking for answers than yes you would have been the skeptic but alas it is not so.

Nice try jackass, but you don't get to unilaterally reverse the burden of proof just because it's become too inconvenient for you.

Christian - Someone who espouses (at a minimum) the positive belief in Yahweh, the divinity of his son (who is also himself) Jesus, and his death and resurrection to save all mankind from their inherent sin if they believe.

Atheist - Someone who doubts all of the above.

So remind me again, even on a Christian forum, who the skeptic would be again? Oh right, not the one wearing the label burdened with necessary dogmatic beliefs tied into positive claims about reality!

(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Now lets start with creationism. How does the bible clash with any theory backed up with evidence about how everything began?

First, you present evidence for creationism. Go ahead, we'll wait. Because I give zero fucks about doing biology homework for some ignorant theistic troll too lazy to get themselves a real education.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2015, 09:27 AM
(10-03-2015 09:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 08:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It was probably an omega timepiece.

Pretty sure it was a Rolex, but he got it here:

[Image: o.jpg]

Wow! Now I think I've seen everything!

Chas is proposing the watch-maker argument.

Ohmy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
10-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Poe.

Has to be, no 21 year old I’ve ever met is that ignorant.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-03-2015, 01:54 PM
(10-03-2015 01:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Poe.

Then you have never been to the united states(or some parts of europe)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-03-2015, 02:04 PM
(10-03-2015 01:54 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Then you have never been to the united states(or some parts of europe)

I live in the US Zeke, you know that. Anyway, your schtick is getting worn and tired.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(10-03-2015 02:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 01:54 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Then you have never been to the united states(or some parts of europe)

I live in the US Zeke, you know that. Anyway, your schtick is getting worn and tired.

Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-03-2015, 02:56 PM

No, I think he's genuine. I've seen some idiots of this kind on campuses in MO and OK. Thankfully not in any of the REAL colleges, just those silly government classes and lib arts majors. Tongue
12-03-2015, 11:30 PM
(10-03-2015 09:18 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol this is an atheistic forum would I not be the skeptic?

Hardly. There is a distinct difference between being the opposition, and being a skeptic; they are not one in the same. If you do consider yourself to be both a believer and a skeptic, then you really suck at one of those two things.

(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Remember I came to you looking for answers not the other way around.

Once again, hardly. If you were genuinely looking for answers, you already have have access to Google. You came here to pick a fight, to defend your current position, under the guise of JAQ'ing off.

(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  If it had been you EK going to a christian forum looking for answers than yes you would have been the skeptic but alas it is not so.

Nice try jackass, but you don't get to unilaterally reverse the burden of proof just because it's become too inconvenient for you.

Christian - Someone who espouses (at a minimum) the positive belief in Yahweh, the divinity of his son (who is also himself) Jesus, and his death and resurrection to save all mankind from their inherent sin if they believe.

So remind me again, even on a Christian forum, who the skeptic would be again? Oh right, not the one wearing the label burdened with necessary dogmatic beliefs tied into positive claims about reality!

(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Now lets start with creationism. How does the bible clash with any theory backed up with evidence about how everything began?

First, you present evidence for creationism. Go ahead, we'll wait. Because I give zero fucks about doing biology homework for some ignorant theistic troll too lazy to get themselves a real education.

Drinking Beverage
Lol have you ever heard of a church called the Westboro Baptist Church cause I feel like a good amount of you would fit in quite nicely just dont talk ahout your differneces in faith and I could easily see all of you being one big happy family. Yes I COULD go on some giant hunt, spend lots of time that I really dont have going on this huge journey to find the NoGod or I could simply wade through alot of your bullshit checking out the links that yall post up. So keep talking shit if it makes you feel better (I get it you probably have no sense of control over your life and are trying to take out these frustrations on me I know youll never admit but a little bit of introspection never hurt anyone Wink ) just keep the links coming please so that I may review them at my leisure. Also... troll? Lmao I must be pretty good at it since I didnt even realize thats what I was doing......
12-03-2015, 11:46 PM
(10-03-2015 09:18 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 06:04 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol this is an atheistic forum would I not be the skeptic?

Drinking Beverage
Lol Skeptic: a person inclined to question or doubt all accepted opinions.
So no by very def I would still be the skeptic...... words are completely reliant on the audience being addressed. So in this group yes I would be the skeptic cause I would be the one questioning or doubting your accepted opinions.
Lets say for arguement sake your somehow magically right ek.... im sorry I didnt realize I was the skeptic......my bads Rolleyes