[split] Debating Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-01-2013, 02:19 PM
RE: [split] Debating Lion IRC
(17-01-2013 02:12 PM)kim Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 01:58 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  (Not sure why people go out of their way to drop into a thread and announce their disinterest in the topic) Consider

Possibly because some people go out of their way to drop into an atheist forum and announce a belief in fiction. I don't get it either but there it is. Glad you found the forum. What does IRC mean? Have a nice day, as well Lion.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I didnt go out of my way. I was invited.
Wanna talk about why you think it's fiction?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 02:25 PM
No thanks, I already know that.

What does IRC mean? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-01-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 02:29 PM by Vosur.)
(17-01-2013 02:10 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Well that goes without saying.
If you are aware of it, then why did you ask the members of an atheist forum such a question?

Imagine if I were to ask you something along the lines of "What motive did Allah have when he decided to send Muhammad a messenger?". It's a meaningless question to you unless you believe that Allah exists.

(17-01-2013 02:25 PM)kim Wrote:  What does IRC mean? Shy
IRC is short for "Internet Relay Chat". It's an instant-messaging system.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Internet Relay Chat...

I R Christian...

Erm. Lion, I'm failing to see something here. Is one of your a priori assumptions in debating the resurrection that the Christian God exists ? (Or at least, your version of the same)...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-01-2013, 02:35 PM
(17-01-2013 02:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  IRC is short for "Internet Relay Chat". It's an instant-messaging system.

Well, that's what I thought but someone who thinks a ghost story is real, might have a different idea about it. Just sayin'. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-01-2013, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 02:40 PM by Lion IRC.)
(17-01-2013 02:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No human, (or ANY other living organism) has ever once been observed to have "risen" from the dead. Ever. Not once.

Thats not true.
This exact topic is an examination of the claims by people who assert that they HAVE observed a Resurrected person - Jesus of Nazareth.
Yes. That is an extraordinary claim. And that extraordinary claim would have been met by demands for extraordinary evidence when first observed or reported.

You should be a little more conservative in your...whats the word Vosur....hyperbole in claiming to know what every single human who has ever lived may or may not have seen. In fact, you are making something of an extraordinary claim yourself in asserting that every single human who ever lived that reported a supernatural event must all be wrong. Not just the majority mostly wrong. Not just 98% of them wrong. But 100.0% every single detected, reported, observed, miracle MUST BE WRONG because you know every story so well and have investigated them all.
17-01-2013, 02:37 PM
(17-01-2013 02:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, that's what I thought but someone who thinks a ghost story is real, might have a different idea about it. Just sayin'. Shy
Perhaps it's short for "Intelligent Reasonable Christian". Drinking Beverage

17-01-2013, 02:39 PM
(17-01-2013 02:36 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No human, (or ANY other living organism) has ever once been observed to have "risen" from the dead. Ever. Not once.

Thats not true.
This exact topic is an examination of the claims by people who assert that they HAVE observed a Resurrected person - Jesus of Nazareth.
Yes. That is an extraordinary claim. And that extraordinary claim would have been met by demands for extraordinary evidence when first observed or reported.

You should be a little more conservative in your...whats the word Voss....hyperbole in claiming to know what every single human who has ever lived may or may not have seen. In fact, you are making something of an extraordinary claim yourself in asserting that every single human who ever lived that reported a supernatural event must all be wrong. Not just the majority mostly wrong. Not just 98% of them wrong. But 100.0% every single detected, reported, observed, miracle MUST BE WRONG because you know every story so well and have investigated them all.
Are you for real?

1. So are you claiming that the Resurrection chapter was written by actual witnesses?

2. Haven't we already gone over false dichotomies with you?

[Image: giphy.gif]
17-01-2013, 02:39 PM
(17-01-2013 02:36 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  This exact topic is an examination of the claims by people who assert that they HAVE observed a Resurrected person - Jesus of Nazareth.
Except that none of the gospel writers were eye-witnesses to the events described in the New Testament. They lived decades after Jesus' alleged death.

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-01-2013, 02:40 PM
(17-01-2013 02:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, that's what I thought but someone who thinks a ghost story is real, might have a different idea about it. Just sayin'. Shy
Perhaps it's short for "Intelligent Reasonable Christian". Drinking Beverage
If he's so sharp, why's he a Christian then eh ? eh ? Tongue