[split] Debating Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-01-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: [split] Debating Lion IRC
(17-01-2013 02:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, that's what I thought but someone who thinks a ghost story is real, might have a different idea about it. Just sayin'. Shy
Perhaps it's short for "Intelligent Reasonable Christian". Drinking Beverage
Oh, now you're just trying to be obtuse. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-01-2013, 02:55 PM
(17-01-2013 02:39 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  1. So are you claiming that the Resurrection chapter was written by actual witnesses?

My local newspaper isnt written by the actual eye witnesses to the events being reported.

Seriously though, I dont know if the eye witnesses were all able to write in neat legible Greek.
Maybe their eyesite was poor in old age. Maybe they gave oral testimony that had to be translated.

People (bible errancy crowd) say to me the NT wasnt written by person ''X'' or person "Y"
And so I ask them, well if you're so sure of that, can you please tell me the real name of the person who DID write that text.
17-01-2013, 02:59 PM
What is this person's education level ? This is laughable.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

17-01-2013, 03:00 PM
(17-01-2013 02:55 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:39 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  1. So are you claiming that the Resurrection chapter was written by actual witnesses?

My local newspaper isnt written by the actual eye witnesses to the events being reported.

Seriously though, I dont know if the eye witnesses were all able to write in neat legible Greek.
Maybe their eyesite was poor in old age. Maybe they gave oral testimony that had to be translated.

People (bible errancy crowd) say to me the NT wasnt written by person ''X'' or person "Y"
And so I ask them, well if you're so sure of that, can you please tell me the real name of the person who DID write that text.

Maybe they made it up, and were liars, just like St. Paul claimed to be.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rly-church

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

17-01-2013, 03:05 PM
(17-01-2013 02:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What is this person's education level ? This is laughable.
4:10

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
17-01-2013, 03:10 PM
(17-01-2013 02:55 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  

I guess I have more faith in newspapers, at least they correct their errors or sometimes even retract claims they make that are false. Are there mistakes or errors in the NT?

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-01-2013, 03:25 PM
(17-01-2013 03:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:55 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  My local newspaper isnt written by the actual eye witnesses to the events being reported.

I guess I have more faith in newspapers, at least they correct their errors or sometimes even retract claims they make that are false. Are there mistakes or errors in the NT?

I havent seen any mistakes or errors in the NT
17-01-2013, 03:26 PM
(17-01-2013 03:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:55 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  My local newspaper isnt written by the actual eye witnesses to the events being reported.

I'm pretty sure newspapers don't write their news decades after it happens. But then you wouldn't get little gems like this:

“And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”
Matthew 27:52-53

Talk about being upstaged.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
17-01-2013, 03:38 PM
(17-01-2013 03:25 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess I have more faith in newspapers, at least they correct their errors or sometimes even retract claims they make that are false. Are there mistakes or errors in the NT?

I havent seen any mistakes or errors in the NT

Ok thanks.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-01-2013, 03:44 PM
(17-01-2013 03:26 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess I have more faith in newspapers, at least they correct their errors or sometimes even retract claims they make that are false. Are there mistakes or errors in the NT?
I'm pretty sure newspapers don't write their news decades after it happens. But then you wouldn't get little gems like this:

“And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”
Matthew 27:52-53

Talk about being upstaged.

True, but most people didn't go around writing things down -- that was from an oral tradition. Like a game of Chinese whispers. (at least that's what has been explained to me...the Chinese whisper part is my conclusion that oral accounts are often elaborated and/or added to and conversely, diminished).