[split] Debating Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-01-2013, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 09:27 PM by Lion IRC.)
RE: [split] Debating Lion IRC
(17-01-2013 03:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:25 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  I havent seen any mistakes or errors in the NT

No mistakes or errors? Do contradictions count? If so, could you explain some things?

Who did the women see at the tomb?

Who were against Jesus?

How are people judged?

Just how many women came to the sepulchre?

Where did the women stand when watching the crucifixion?

And many, many more.

Ah....skeptics annotated bible URL's
I anticipated that debate tactic.
And so I retort...........

Those are not contradictions. See this video.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 03:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-01-2013 09:23 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  No mistakes or errors? Do contradictions count? If so, could you explain some things?

Who did the women see at the tomb?

Who were against Jesus?

How are people judged?

Just how many women came to the sepulchre?

Where did the women stand when watching the crucifixion?

And many, many more.

Ah....skeptics annotated bible URL's
I anticipated that debate tactic.
And so I retort...........

Those are not contradictions. See this video.
One gospel has him dying on the day of preparation, one the day OF Passover, the women at the tomb are different in each, (according to NT scholar Dr. Bart Ehrman), in the trial, some have him talking, one he gives a speech, one says he was silent, (of course they ALL say everyone ran away, so there would have been no witnesess, so we know it's all make up, and no peasant Gallilean would have been allowed into the court proceedings of a Roman aristocrat, so it's obviously a "fiction", the original Mark had no resurrection, the times of the death in the gospels are different, he says different things on the cross, Luke has him born in an impossible historical time period, (Herod was dead when Quirinius was Procurator), the genealogies are different and impossible to reconcile, even if one was Mary's, (and a Jew was NEVER said to be descended from the mother....never, ever, and they do not contain a number of generations where they would be comparable, Matthew says he was in the line of David, then says Joseph was not the father, the "voices" at the baptisms say different things, Jarius' daughter was dead in one not in another, Matthew quotes the wrong prophet in 27:9-10, the temple curtain is rent at different times, the centurion says different things etc etc. etc. In short, they are not historical in an way, what-so-ever.
Dr. McGrew is one of the "Habermas/Craig" cadre of pretend academics who never attended a legitimate Bibilcal Studies department. He, (just like Habermas), has no degree in scripture, or Ancient Near Eastern anything. He is essentially a fraud. He is a philosopher, at that bastion of academic excellence, called Western Michigan U. (Heh heh). He has no expertise in the subject of the Bible, or legitimate training to draw on, formally. He is also in the camp of the Crappy Lane Craig, and Co. and the third rate academics who go around making money, pretending to be legitimate apologists, using the fact that his normal audience is totally ignorant. Expecting atheists to listen to that crap video, shows how desperate one is, and addressing not one post leads one to believe that this one can't even start.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Well stuff it, *I'm* not gonna watch hours long videos about niggling points of bible babble. Nor do I appreciate links Dodgy

Lion: we're debating resurrection right ? Since this is informal, am I allowed to join in ?

Questions:
You say a literal resurrection happened ?
The evidence you advance is ... scripture ? Nothing else ?
The assumption you are operating under is that God exists ?

I thought about asking more but I wanna keep it short 'cos... yeah I hate walls of text.
18-01-2013, 12:23 AM
(17-01-2013 03:25 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  I havent seen any mistakes or errors in the NT

A person didn't find what he wasn't looking for, color me surprised... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 01:16 AM
(18-01-2013 12:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  color me surprised... Drinking Beverage
We're all out of surprised. Sorry... No one's allowed to be surprised at theists anymore. We do have a small stock for emergencies though, when zee facepalm is too big. But you have to apply to the grand committee. Who will consider your application once the Let's-Try-Freeze-Hell experiment completes.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-01-2013, 01:24 AM
(18-01-2013 01:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 12:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  color me surprised... Drinking Beverage
We're all out of surprised. Sorry... No one's allowed to be surprised at theists anymore. We do have a small stock for emergencies though, when zee facepalm is too big. But you have to apply to the grand committee. Who will consider your application once the Let's-Try-Freeze-Hell experiment completes.

[Image: hell_frozen_over.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 01:26 AM
(18-01-2013 12:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

A person didn't find what he wasn't looking for, color me surprised... Drinking Beverage

What do you expect?

One who does not seek with an open mind, will never find what is sought.

[Image: peacock-spider-dance-o.gif]
The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-01-2013, 01:30 AM
(18-01-2013 01:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 12:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  A person didn't find what he wasn't looking for, color me surprised... Drinking Beverage

What do you expect?

One who does not seek with an open mind, will never find what is sought.

The opposite is also true.

Confirmation bias

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
:emphasis added:

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Aaaand I'm done here.
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
18-01-2013, 08:40 PM
(17-01-2013 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Well stuff it, *I'm* not gonna watch hours long videos about niggling points of bible babble. Nor do I appreciate links Dodgy
Well, I too would prefer to read what people HERE have to say instead of their; skepticsannotatedbiblesavesmefrommakinganargumentformyself.com/cantthink/formyself_lazyisgood links
But I'm happy to do duelling urls and argumentum ad youtubiam if thats what they are used to.

(17-01-2013 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Lion: we're debating resurrection right ? Since this is informal, am I allowed to join in ?

Yes and absolutely yes respectively.

(17-01-2013 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Questions:
You say a literal resurrection happened ?
Yes.

(17-01-2013 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  ...The evidence you advance is ... scripture ? Nothing else ?
No, scripture doesnt account for every Christian who ever lived. There were followers of Jesus who never read the NT.
Theophilus was an early Christian before he read the written Gospel.

(17-01-2013 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  ...The assumption you are operating under is that God exists ?

Well we wouldnt bother having a discussion about some isolated bronze age historical event which includes miracles if everyone agreed God either doesnt exist or cant do miracles. Theres plenty of other miracles in the bible. So why would the atheist be concerned about just one more?

(17-01-2013 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  ...I thought about asking more but I wanna keep it short 'cos... yeah I hate walls of text.

Bravo! I agree.