[split] Debating Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: [split] Debating Lion IRC
(07-02-2013 07:15 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 05:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So... This is what this thread has devolved to. Star Wars pictures. Well, can't say I don't blame you. In fact, I would dare say those pictures are a step up from what IRC has been posting here.

Drinking Beverage

When will this thread die?

It's only the atheists trying to drag the thread off-topic.
And I think I know why.

Wrong...we're bang on the money, preaching our own invented gospels. They're legitimate because, as you reason, there's no literary or archaelogical proof to disprove them.

Get it?

If you ever get around to presenting some real proof for the resurrection, we'll all be pleased to start talking about Jeebus again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Here's some evidence for the Resurrection;
[Image: papyrus.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2013, 08:45 PM
(07-02-2013 08:40 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Here's some evidence for the Resurrection;
No...here's some evidence for the Resurrection:

[Image: monkey_n_cat.jpg]

The Holy Ghost is breathing life into Jesus Cat. Or...a monkey is about to screw a cat. Choose.
[+] 2 users Like Julius's post
07-02-2013, 08:47 PM
The case against the Resurrection?
Vespasian had some Romans create backdated ''gospels'' as to use propaganda tools...just in case 50,000 soldiers failed to ''persuade'' the Jews who was in charge.
07-02-2013, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 12:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-02-2013 08:47 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  The case against the Resurrection?
Vespasian had some Romans create backdated ''gospels'' as to use propaganda tools...just in case 50,000 soldiers failed to ''persuade'' the Jews who was in charge.
Wrong. We've asked countless questions in this thread which you have left unaddressed, INCLUDING my responce the first time you posted your so called "evidence". There is no case needed "against" a fable, which was told JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER RISING gods of the day. There is, and has not been a shred of evidence presented OR DISCUSSED. As I said before, two faded, pages of Greek Luke's Gospel are evidence of nothing. Your Lord of the Universe, the maker of 600 sextillion stars, and 100 billion galaxies can do no better than THAT ? In an age of Pious Fraud, where everyone lied to gain adherents, and EVEN MOST OF YOUR GOSPELS ARE DISMISSED, you are seriously not thinking that is worth shit, Pussy Cat IRC.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Dude, don't you know when to Fuck Off?

You suck. No one wants to hear what you say - because you have nothing to say.

Deal.

Julius
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
07-02-2013, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 04:01 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I hereby present you the evidence for Harry, the Wizard.
[Image: 51UHSAV5NFL._AA160_.jpg]
[Image: ebookcover.jpg]

Harry is your savior. Repent and believe upon him, and ye shall be saved, and live in wizardville ad saecula saeculorum. Snort.
Amen.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
07-02-2013, 10:26 PM

SECOND JEWISH WAR c.132 CE. Look it up, grasshopper.
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
07-02-2013, 10:29 PM
(07-02-2013 07:15 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 05:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So... This is what this thread has devolved to. Star Wars pictures. Well, can't say I don't blame you. In fact, I would dare say those pictures are a step up from what IRC has been posting here.

Drinking Beverage

When will this thread die?

It's only the atheists trying to drag the thread off-topic.
And I think I know why.
The "why" is that we've been waiting for *50+* pages, and you have presented nothing, presented no EVIDENCE, and discussed nothing, (and obviously are unable to defend nothing), about what you *think* is evidence.
You get an "F" in Apologetics, Pussy Cat IRC.

08-02-2013, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 02:14 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(07-02-2013 08:40 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Here's some evidence for the Resurrection;
Cognitive Dissonance

All Christians come across challenges to their beliefs in philosophy, history, biology, medicine, archaeology, astronomy, physics, and psychology. God sure does work in mysterious ways! Lots of Biblical explanations don’t make sense - humanity didn't begin in a garden; the bible says nothing about evolution; Christianity is only two thousand years old, whereas we’ve been here over a hundred thousand; nobody knows how multitudes got fed, dead bodies revived, blind men were made to see, and so on. Doubt is the bedfellow of fundamentalist belief.

To seriously question scripture is sinful, so churches play the faith card; which isn’t a satisfactory explanation for anything, and the intelligent person intuitively knows this. The consequence is cognitive dissonance, a mental state in which facts and beliefs are at odds with each other. It’s often an unpleasant niggling source of anxiety. Many people try to eliminate it by trying to ignore facts or by repeatedly restating Christian creeds. Each avoids the truth. No matter how loudly one sings “silent night” the virgin birth is still absurd.

Most mature minds aren’t placated unless explanations fit the facts. We like to reconcile all observations and ideas. The person unwilling to do this might have a troubled mind.

Lion, if you have any integrity, admit you have a troubled mind.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post