[split] Debating Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-02-2013, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 10:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: [split] Debating Lion IRC
(08-02-2013 02:45 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  The background information here is Gods existence. (And I dont mind if you find God's abilities miraculous or describe them as magical)

And God has a loving motive.

He gave Himself to bring us the Good News that The Kingdom of God is closer than you think. And that people who are sad, broken, afflicted, ashamed, depressed, confused by the sins of this world (greed, hatred, violence, injustice) can find salvation, forgiveness and hope if they want. The Resurrection shows us that God DOES love us and that death is not the end.

So we are supposed to accept Simon of Perea as our Lord and Savior ? Right ? Oh, the wrong dying and rising messiah ? Well IRC never did say which one was better, or unique, or why.

That is not the "background information". Those are IRC's background presumed (unproven/unsupported) assumptions. YOU said this was not about the existence of a god. NOW you change the rules, as without your assumptions, the whole ball of wax falls on it's ass. Provide now ANY evidence for god. You just made it all up, as you are a mental depressive/defective, and have very, very bad view of the world, a chip on his shoulder and NEED, I repeat NEED, (your psychological make-up NEEDS) to find a belief system to escape your depressive view of the world, that you cannot and will not face without your mental crutch / system to escape. You cannot imagine life without your sky daddy/Santy Claus. You have presented NO evidence for the resurrection. IRC. NONE. THAT is what this thread was supposed to be about. You falied. The fact is, you know SO little about ancient history that anything, anyone says, other than a Sunday School teacher type says, makes no sense to you, as that is your pathetic level of education about these matters. BTW, I never said the gospels were "recited". I said, as any historian knows, they were "proclaimed". Why ELSE would someone write a gospel, when 95 % of the population could not read ? Where did that happen. One guess. It is astounding you do not know how or why the gospels were used. You actually they were written so they could be locked up and stared in a closet, or that they were read in general by a population with a 5% literacy rate. YOU never addressed the matter, historically. But this is very true to form. Ultimatley, it's not about Theology, or History, or anything else. It's all about Psychology. It's about that "need". Thanks for proving me right, yet again. Even as late as Shakespeare's time, writing Hamlet, the idea of having a ghost of the dead king as a part of regular daily life, something we could not possibly imagine today, is similar, the magical idea that someone could or would rise from the dead in Jebus' day was seen as completely normal, and possible, yet now is impossible, scientifically, and we know that no one, NOT ANY ONE, has every risen from the dead, leads one to dismiss the claim, as there is not a shred of evidence for it.

Clement of Alexandria, the Christian Father, writing about Mark, wrote "As for Mark, then, during Peter’s stay in Rome he wrote an account of the Lord’s doings, not, however, declaring all of them, nor yet hinting at the secret ones, but selecting what he thought most useful for increasing the faith of those who were being instructed. But when Peter died a martyr, Mark came over to Alexandria, bringing both his own notes and those of Peter, from which he transferred to his former books the things suitable to whatever makes for progress toward knowledge. Thus he composed a more spiritual Gospel for the use of those who were being perfected. Nevertheless, he yet did not divulge the things not to be uttered, nor did he write down the hierophantic teaching of the Lord, but to the stories already written he added yet others and, moreover, brought in certain sayings of which he knew the interpretation would, as a mystagogue, lead the hearers into the innermost sanctuary of truth hidden by seven veils. Thus, in sum, he prepared matters, neither grudgingly nor incautiously, in my opinion, and, dying, he left his composition to the church in 1, verso Alexandria, where it even yet is most carefully guarded, being read only to those who are being initiated into the great mysteries.

SO as you can see, the bottom line was, they wrote what would gain adherents to the cult. THAT was the main standard, and objective. Numbers. Sales. Nothing changes much. THAT is what the men who cooked up your sad "answer" to the world's problems, IRC, and you bought the bill of goods, hook, line and sinker. Yet depsite your risen Jebus, the world is now, pretty much the same place it was then. Your divine being didn't get much done in 2000 years now, did it ? Even with your presumption, that people rise, and there are miracles, you have provided nothing to help in make the decision why this set of miracles, and this rising should be considered any better, or any different from all the others.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop fucking it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-02-2013, 06:23 PM
(08-02-2013 02:40 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Nobody here has admitted their own cognitive dissonance.
If you are an atheist, if you are a methodological naturalist, you are going to want ANY explanation other than God.
You don't understand cognitive dissonance.

Rationalists don't suffer from it, as they're willing to change their view and opinions to fit the facts. You, obviously, can't.

You haven't demonstrated that you've learned anything by being here. Not one "wait a minute," "Mmmm, that's interesting" or "gee, I hadn't thought of that" moment.

All you've done is restated your unlearned, unnuanced position that everyone has heard a thousand times before. Hence the lack of respect.

Please don't flatter yourself with all the attention either. You're just good cannon fodder, good practice, although a moving target would be more interesting.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
08-02-2013, 07:32 PM
(08-02-2013 02:45 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  The background information here is Gods existence. (And I dont mind if you find God's abilities miraculous or describe them as magical)

And God has a loving motive.

He gave Himself to bring us the Good News that The Kingdom of God is closer than you think. And that people who are sad, broken, afflicted, ashamed, depressed, confused by the sins of this world (greed, hatred, violence, injustice) can find salvation, forgiveness and hope if they want. The Resurrection shows us that God DOES love us and that death is not the end.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
13-02-2013, 07:35 AM
(07-02-2013 07:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 10:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Whenever Mark Fulton and myself get bored with our (fake) jihad and/or I run out of Star Wars gags...

Greetings from Bill,

(the equal of the pig and the next best thing to Alice,) called to be an agent provocateur, to spread the gospel of Alice which she promised before Brian and the wind in the willows, to you, dear peasants. I make mention of you always in my prayers, for I long to see you, that I
may impart to you some syrupy sugar, so that you may be sweetened up and sucked in.

Our pig was born in the pen, and declared to be the Son of Alice. Before he became bacon he rose from his bed. Through Him we're shaved, and you better believe it, for I want obedience to the faith from all nations, and only the clean of skin will go through the looking glass to the kingdom above.

I thank Alice via the pig so that faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For Alice is my witness, whom I serve, and the pig is my pretend friend who I tell you peasants to pray to.

Yet my thoughts have often wandered elsewhere. I'm not sure you need to know this, brethren, that I often planned to visit a brothel, but was hindered until now, by too many tarts offering tantalizing alternatives. So now that I've finally been, brothers, I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat, and I'm revived and ready to preach the gospel to you to fund more future flirtations.

Just Live by Faith. For I'm not ashamed of the gospel I preach, for it's via Alice's salvation for everyone, from the turtles first following the frogs, that I reap the rewards of the rabbit's ramblings. It's because of Alice's ancient antics that almost anything is allowed, from faith to faith; frog to turtle, turtle to lobster.

For since the creation of the world Alice's invisible attributes are clearly seen only by the people of the pepper pot who praise her eternal power as though they knew Her, for if they did not glorify Her as God, nor were thankful, their foolish hearts would darken and their bank balances be buggered.

Yet professing to be wise, some became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible Alice into an image made like Harry Potter or Darth Vader—or birds and four-footed animals and other creeping things, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator. I am the only creepy thing to be worshiped around here, for I am the lizard, who is blessed forever. Amen.

[Image: 5d1]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2013, 06:31 PM
A lot of you must be college students, studying philosophy....when someone has an extraordinary just ask for the evidence. Its game over after that. You dont need big speeches, your not the person on trail here....the claimants are.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 07:33 PM by Adenosis.)
(13-02-2013 06:31 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  A lot of you must be college students, studying philosophy....when someone has an extraordinary just ask for the evidence. Its game over after that. You dont need big speeches, your not the person on trail here....the claimants are.

See, now that is not what we do here. If someone allows themselves to become open to new information they have a chance of becoming aware of their delusion then de-convert. People like Pussycat-IRC aren't capable of evaluating data, however some theists can, and perhaps have just never been exposed to the right argument to open their eyes. The excellent refutations and explanations given by the members of this community have a chance of bringing people to the side of reason. If we just told people "give me evidence" every time, there would be no de-conversions.

Not to mention showing that you have more to say than "there is no evidence" is a show of intellectual prowess.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
13-02-2013, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 08:42 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(13-02-2013 07:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 07:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
Greetings from Bill,

(the equal of the pig and the next best thing to Alice,) called to be an agent provocateur, to spread the gospel of Alice which she promised before Brian and the wind in the willows, to you, dear peasants. I make mention of you always in my prayers, for I long to see you, that I
may impart to you some syrupy sugar, so that you may be sweetened up and sucked in.

Our pig was born in the pen, and declared to be the Son of Alice. Before he became bacon he rose from his bed. Through Him we're shaved, and you better believe it, for I want obedience to the faith from all nations, and only the clean of skin will go through the looking glass to the kingdom above.

I thank Alice via the pig so that faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For Alice is my witness, whom I serve, and the pig is my pretend friend who I tell you peasants to pray to.

Yet my thoughts have often wandered elsewhere. I'm not sure you need to know this, brethren, that I often planned to visit a brothel, but was hindered until now, by too many tarts offering tantalizing alternatives. So now that I've finally been, brothers, I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat, and I'm revived and ready to preach the gospel to you to fund more future flirtations.

Just Live by Faith. For I'm not ashamed of the gospel I preach, for it's via Alice's salvation for everyone, from the turtles first following the frogs, that I reap the rewards of the rabbit's ramblings. It's because of Alice's ancient antics that almost anything is allowed, from faith to faith; frog to turtle, turtle to lobster.

For since the creation of the world Alice's invisible attributes are clearly seen only by the people of the pepper pot who praise her eternal power as though they knew Her, for if they did not glorify Her as God, nor were thankful, their foolish hearts would darken and their bank balances be buggered.

Yet professing to be wise, some became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible Alice into an image made like Harry Potter or Darth Vader—or birds and four-footed animals and other creeping things, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator. I am the only creepy thing to be worshiped around here, for I am the lizard, who is blessed forever. Amen.

[Image: 5d1]
O foolish forum members, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the rabbit? I'm perturbed you're impressed by pictures of a pussy.

Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? What's next? Pictures of Princess Leela? Who hath bewitched you? Was it ministereth to you by the works of the rabbit, or by the preaching of the pig, both of which in thine eyes should be good, or was it by that bullshit artist Bucky Ball or the evil evolution kills?

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of the lobster. And the scripture, foreseeing that rabbit would justify you followers through faith, preached before the gospel unto the lobster saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed. Why therefore, doest thou feast thine eyes on the works of the interlopers?

For as many as are under the spell of Evolution Kills, that most wretched of men, are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the Rabbit, and he that gaze on graven images of pussies will get what's coming to them.

The pig hath redeemed us from the curse of Star wars: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth feline forms on their living room wall.

Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; though it be but my bullshit, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. For I am the lizard, and the rabbit and and the pig liveth in me, so just do what I fuckin' say.

Here endeth the lesson. The rabbit loves you.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
13-02-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 08:56 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(13-02-2013 06:31 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  A lot of you must be college students, studying philosophy....when someone has an extraordinary just ask for the evidence. Its game over after that. You dont need big speeches, your not the person on trail here....the claimants are.

True...but we get to fine tune our arguments...and have some fun. And what Aspchizo said.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
13-02-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 12:17 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I think he meant to say "extraordinary CLAIM", (just ask for evidence). Yup.
Pussy says "If you are an atheist, if you are a methodological naturalist, you are going to want ANY explanation other than God.You don't understand cognitive dissonance." ... and actually that's EXACTLY right. Ever since the time of Francis Bacon, and Rene Descartes, (just a moment ago, in the LONG sweep of human history), enlightened humans stop ascribing the unknown to the gods, and began to look for evidence for their claims. Since a miraculous or "supernatural" source or cause would be the LAST possible reason to be entertained, Pussy is exactly right. Any reason other than "oh a god did it", is a more plausible reason. We DO understand cognitive dissonance, (such BIG words for Pussy, who didn't even know what Relativity and Uncertainty meant). Cognitive dissonance occurs whenever humans start yapping about their gods, and can't produce a shred of evidence for same, then use ALL the things that science has done for humans, including antibiotics, yet out of the other side of their mouth's say Evolution is not true. THAT is a cognitive dissonance.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop fucking it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Bucky Ball, Mark Fulton...don't ever leave this forum. Really appreciate all the information and insights. Rock on.
[+] 1 user Likes tokutter's post