[split] Debating Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-01-2013, 08:40 AM
RE: [split] Debating Lion IRC
lol@making the parameters so insanely complicated and specific that no one wants to bother with it. I owe myself $20 for calling this.

1) Because that's unnecessary.
2) A2's not going to want to waste putting that much time effort into it when you're probably just going to abandon it after your first couple of posts.
3) You've already proved that you can't debate/communicate in a straight forward manner whilerelying heavily on semantics.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Excuse me, everyone, but isn't this debate section supposed to be for two people only, the debaters?

One person calls for a debate with one other person and only those two debate?

Otherwise this is no different from any other section and there is no point in having it.

Am I not remembering this correctly, two people only in this section?

Consider

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-01-2013, 08:51 AM
(16-01-2013 08:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  Excuse me, everyone, but isn't this debate section supposed to be for two people only, the debaters?

Otherwise this is no different from any other section and there is no point in having it.

Consider
If this thread was actually in the boxing ring.... then yes.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-01-2013, 08:53 AM
(16-01-2013 08:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 08:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  Excuse me, everyone, but isn't this debate section supposed to be for two people only, the debaters?

Consider
If this thread was actually in the boxing ring.... then yes.
Which is why we have been repeatedly linking The Boxing Ring.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
16-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Lion is actually living up to his name.

He sits in the tall grass and bears his teeth but when it comes to the real hunting, well, we all know the lioness is actually the more aggressive one. Lioness IRC, are you out there?

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
16-01-2013, 10:08 AM
(16-01-2013 08:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol@making the parameters so insanely complicated and specific that no one wants to bother with it. I owe myself $20 for calling this.

2) A2's not going to want to waste putting that much time effort into it when you're probably just going to abandon it after your first couple of posts.
3) You've already proved that you can't debate/communicate in a straight forward manner whilerelying heavily on semantics.

I kind of figured he was going to try and pull a William Lane Craig and use his 'shotgun style' tactic of lighting too many damn fires, so that the opponent can't possibly hope to counter them all in the time or space allotted, and thus seemingly score points and credibility by not being refuted.

Or more simply; make 20 assertions, and when the next guy only has enough time to counter 5 of them, act like your other 15 are true by default.

In a time limited venue (such as a professional debate at a university), such rules for classic debates are understandable. On an internet forum, such restrictions serve only to needlessly restrict inquiry and discussion. None of us are going to be forced to sit through the entire debate in one sitting, so the time and space restrictions are spurious at best.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Slightly curious as to people are still wasting their time trying to get Lion to debate. No

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-01-2013, 10:32 AM
(16-01-2013 10:14 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Slightly curious as to people are still wasting their time trying to get Lion to debate. No

It's fascinating really, like witnessing a car accident in slow motion. Or in this case, like watching somebody trying to stop a bullet train with their face...

Then again, I think a lot of us feel like this...

[Image: fb93031e7e2f-xl.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2013, 10:36 AM
(16-01-2013 08:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol@making the parameters so insanely complicated and specific that no one wants to bother with it. I owe myself $20 for calling this.

Oh, it's not that complex, it's incredibly tedious. But I do agree completely with all your other points (1-3). It's also not worth the energy wasted especially since he'll just probably start arguing about the "rules" not being followed and claim victory. We've seen this happen before someone puts in time and considerable effort, for a well thought-out rebuttal that the opposition never seemingly reads.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2013, 11:28 AM
(16-01-2013 08:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 08:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  If this thread was actually in the boxing ring.... then yes.
Which is why we have been repeatedly linking The Boxing Ring .

well , obviously , we need more links.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post