[split] Debating Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-01-2013, 12:18 AM
RE: [split] Debating Lion IRC
haha, they might be interchangeable.

Consider

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 12:23 AM
(16-01-2013 11:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 11:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All Lion seems interested in is debating about debating. I don't understand why lion is afraid to just go into the boxing ring and just debate A2 without all the silly rules and word-count crap. In this thread it's a free-for-all and anyone can post -- it's too easy for Lion to miss important points (since he likes to evade giving real answers in the place of cheeky remarks)...in the boxing ring its just one on one....

But whatever....
My idea is control. A metric fuck-tonne of theists tend to not like debating unless they have control, that way they unleash all their dirty tactics. WLC for instance will fire off a boat load of irrelevant points in his intro, and use all of them not being countered as a weapon.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
17-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Nice to listen to.

Felt a tad rambly in some parts though.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
17-01-2013, 01:14 AM
(17-01-2013 12:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Nice to listen to.

Felt a tad rambly in some parts though.

From what I understand, it was in impromptu speech given in response to a proceeding WLC talk.

17-01-2013, 01:17 AM
(17-01-2013 12:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  haha, they might be interchangeable.

Consider

True...but I wrote boobs and he got all distracted.. Big Grin

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

17-01-2013, 01:19 AM
(17-01-2013 01:17 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 12:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  haha, they might be interchangeable.

Consider
True...but I wrote boobs and he got all distracted.. Big Grin

Did somebody say 'boobies'? I get distracted by them all the time...

[Image: boobies.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-01-2013, 01:20 AM
(17-01-2013 01:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 01:17 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  True...but I wrote boobs and he got all distracted.. Big Grin

Did somebody say 'boobies'? I get distracted by them all the time...

Ohhhhhh Boooooooooooobies Drooling
17-01-2013, 01:24 AM
(17-01-2013 01:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 01:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Did somebody say 'boobies'? I get distracted by them all the time...

Ohhhhhh Boooooooooooobies Drooling

Oh totally stealing that and keeping it for when he asks me for a picture....bahahhahaa

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-01-2013, 05:14 AM
(16-01-2013 11:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All Lion seems interested in is debating about debating. I don't understand why lion is afraid to just go into the boxing ring and just debate A2 without all the silly rules and word-count crap. In this thread it's a free-for-all and anyone can post -- it's too easy for Lion to miss important points (since he likes to evade giving real answers in the place of cheeky remarks)...in the boxing ring its just one on one....

But whatever....

Me and atothetheist jist hangin' out in some private thread, talkin' past each other 'bout the bible an stuff an ramblin' for dayz an dayz never gittin anywhere's - each one claimin t'other gone dun lost the ''debate'' ages afore we even staaat'd n'all.

Wah hell yeah! We could do dat. Hobo

Heck, I caint ev'n count. Wadda I need a wad counter fer anyways, all fancy 'n stuff.

Lets have us a hillbilly varmint huntin debate. Y'all watch me come down on him like a chickin on a June bug!
17-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Ha! You are making a huge fit over one thing. Honestly, it makes me wonder if you aren't just arguing the point to stay away from the debate. You know damn well that you are thinking the wrong thing about me. You know what will prove disingenuous editing? You quoted post of my original post. If you quote my original post, the auidence can see it regardless of my edits.

You automatically think I will make severe mistakes and fallacies when I am just thinking about facts, dates, quotes. It's nice to know that you think so lowly of me. I think that if I Make a simple error in a date, you will just discredit it and then assume victory. It's interesting that you keep using chess analogies. It's also pretty interesting you copied the format, essentially, from another site and another person. I have read your debates, and to be honest, the edit function would be more of a benefit to you than for me.

I think that you aren't for editing because you want to be able to nitpick my posts and merely discredit any of my arguments simply because I made a minor factual error which could be edited and fixed.

Also, I would like to remind you of the venue of the place. This is an informal forum where formal debates are not usually taken place. It's usually one v one until somebody forfeits, leaves, or proves/has disproven arguments to be correct. I have no qualms with a more formal style of debate, in fact I like the word limits, however this is not tournament chess game. You do not need to have a reg chess game. You do not need to make it so formal to make it effective or even exciting.

I would also clarify on myself, since you seem to have no idea about me. I am fifteen years old and let me tell you that I am not an amateur in chess or in debates. I play and debate for fun. I like the battle of wits and exchange of ideas. What I don't like is the fact that you are focusing on an issue which is relatively minor.

Let me ask you a final time:

Would you like to debate with me?

Yes or no?