[split] Depressed: Family Rejection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 02:02 AM
[split] Depressed: Family Rejection
(08-06-2013 01:52 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  Best advice I can give you is that one's beliefs about what is really going on here change. And parents are the worst people to talk to about magical supernatural beings if they are true believers.

Parents are supposed to be the best people to come to with serious discussions.

Quote:But they will always be your parents, and trust me the years will rush by.

So because two people fucked, one man should forever keep his mouth shut about the principles by which he lives?

Quote:It is good to have your parents on your side... even if they are deeply religious, as you all pass through life.

So it's good to keep in contact with people who have caused you life long mental anguish? Should Jews have kept in contact with the prison guards who beat them, or is there some magical morality exception for sperm and egg donors?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Depressed: Family Rejection
(08-06-2013 01:52 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  Best advice I can give you is that one's beliefs about what is really going on here change. And parents are the worst people to talk to about magical supernatural beings if they are true believers.
(08-06-2013 02:02 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Parents are supposed to be the best people to come to with serious discussions.

Says who? Is this a guiding principle of atheism in your angry little world?

(08-06-2013 01:52 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  But they will always be your parents, and trust me the years will rush by.

(08-06-2013 02:02 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  because two people fucked, one man should forever keep his mouth shut about the principles by which he lives?

Your parents must be very proud of you since you have such high principles?

(08-06-2013 01:52 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  It is good to have your parents on your side... even if they are deeply religious, as you all pass through life.

(08-06-2013 02:02 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  So it's good to keep in contact with people who have caused you life long mental anguish? Should Jews have kept in contact with the prison guards who beat them, or is there some magical morality exception for sperm and egg donors?

Probably you could do with a little anger management, or maybe some AA meetings? What does a life long mental anguish have to do with this? And what do Jews and their prison guards have to do with this discussion?

Everything is falling.
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2013, 02:49 AM
(08-06-2013 02:29 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  Says who? Is this a guiding principle of atheism in your angry little world?

Says most parents I've discussed it with, including myself and my wife, my parents and hers. And I'm not angry. I'm challenging your assertions and looking for reasoned responses.

Quote:Your parents must be very proud of you since you have such high principles?

They are and I do. Is that your answer to my question?

Quote:Probably you could do with a little anger management, or maybe some AA meetings?

Again, I'm not angry. I'm asking you to provide reasoned arguments for your assertions. And I drink about once a week, if the mood strikes me. But thanks for your concern.

Quote:What does a life long mental anguish have to do with this?

This man is on medication for depression and he is miserable. This isn't a biological condition people are born with. It is a result of environment. All of these things were mentioned in his original post.

Quote: And what do Jews and their prison guards have to do with this discussion?

It's a metaphor.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
08-06-2013, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 04:11 PM by f0rTyLeGz.)
(08-06-2013 02:49 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 02:29 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  Says who? Is this a guiding principle of atheism in your angry little world?

Says most parents I've discussed it with, including myself and my wife, my parents and hers. And I'm not angry. I'm challenging your assertions and looking for reasoned responses.

Quote:Your parents must be very proud of you since you have such high principles?

They are and I do. Is that your answer to my question?

Quote:Probably you could do with a little anger management, or maybe some AA meetings?

Again, I'm not angry. I'm asking you to provide reasoned arguments for your assertions. And I drink about once a week, if the mood strikes me. But thanks for your concern.

Quote:What does a life long mental anguish have to do with this?

This man is on medication for depression and he is miserable. This isn't a biological condition people are born with. It is a result of environment. All of these things were mentioned in his original post.

Quote: And what do Jews and their prison guards have to do with this discussion?

It's a metaphor.

In my book, when someone is asking for advice from people on the internet, they don't have to defend them as logical assertions. Your opinions are just that, your goofy, rude, self aggrandizing opinions. This fora is supposed to be safe from those people who think that they know EVERYTHING about everything. "Being provocative or insensitive in this section is prohibited. If people are talking about their personal issues and looking for support then they deserve that bit more protection than our other sections provide." So... I am just giving my opinion and you can read them and weep, but I shall not defend my thoughts about the poster's questions to your ridiculous assumptions and accusations. ("Metaphor" my ass.)

Everything is falling.
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: [split] Depressed: Family Rejection
Ooh... drama! Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]