[split] Favourite pictures for a laugh at ... RenaissanceMan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2016, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 06:22 PM by DLJ.)
[split] Favourite pictures for a laugh at ... RenaissanceMan
(14-05-2011 10:37 AM)Cusco Wrote:  [Image: 26803432v2_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png][Image: 224623062v9_225x225_Front_padToS-1.png][Image: 199106063v2_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png][Image: 34365550v1_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png][Image: 138974481v18_225x225_Front_padToSqu.png][Image: 99d2ebe1db9d3ef72edd50a4bce2aa9d.jpg][Image: 92590278v7_225x225_Front_padToSq-2.png][Image: 224623062v9_225x225_Front_padToS-1.png][Image: 67420393v5_225x225_Front_padToSq-1.png][Image: 97938108v2_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png]
[Image: 53347481v1_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png]

Replying with a quote does not provide the images so that I might refer to them. I can only see the internet address, and so I have to respond here at the bottom.

1. "Atheists don't start wars." Chairman Mao was an atheist, who murdered some 60,000,000 of his own people. Joseph Stalin was an atheist who starved and murdered 40,000,000 or more of his own people. Pol Pot added a few million more. The pretension that "they didn't kill people because they were atheists" is reprehensibly dishonest and inaccurate. They had no religion, and they murdered ruthlessly. Q.E.D.

2. "Going to church makes you a Christian." No prominent Christian ever said such a thing, nor is it a legitimate tenet of Christianity. Dishonesty is reprehensible. Atheists are always claiming to be so rational, and good and intelligent. But talk is cheap.

3. "Atheism facts: Logical, honest, rational, and not myth-based."
Repeating your mantras ad nauseum does not make them so. My responses contradict these very claims.

4. "Lighhouses (sic) are more useful than churches."
Atheists delight in proclaiming their intellectualism, to each other, and to the world. This claimed intellectualism is supposed to imply that by being more intelligent, atheists are correct, "logical, honest, rational." This argument fails for two reasons: A. Atheists constantly fail to demonstrate the claimed intellectualism, as in this laughable misspelling incident, as well as scores of other ways, most notably atheist hubris and condescension, and B. Even if atheists WERE consistently and significantly more intelligent than, for example, Christians, that still does not make atheists correct in all their analyses. The pretension that the claimed intellect does prove rectitude is the Fallacy of the Argument From Authority. Ironically, atheists love to rub that particular fallacy in the faces of Christians.

5. "Weapons of Mass Destruction - Bible and Koran"
One nation, under God, i.e. the United States, stands out as a beacon of liberty, Christianity, enlightenment, prosperity, hope, and much more. America's Founding Fathers came to this land seeking religious freedom, not atheism.
Moreover, it is consummately dishonest to equate the Judeo-Christian Bible with the Koran, for reasons which are made clear by contrasting the people who uphold and live each respective system, viz. the countries of Israel and say the United States, and the countries of Yemen, Syria, and Iraq - civilization and humanity on the one hand, where people of all races yearn to live, versus barbaric, insane murder and mayhem, where even their own countrymen are eager to flee permanently.

6. "99% of people who deny Evolution (sic) can't even define it!"
Please define "Evolution" (sic), bearing in mind that evolutionary scientists themselves disagree as to how evolution is defined.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(14-05-2011 10:37 AM)Cusco Wrote:  Why would a God create people so imperfect then blame them for there (sic) own imperfections.
Then send his own son to be judged, tortured, and killed by the very same imperfect people.
In order to make up for how imperfect we are?

You meant to write "their," the possessive form of "they." Instead, you ignorantly wrote "there," its homonym. So much for the argument of atheist intellectual superiority, etc.

The answer to your fatuous challenge is that God gave humans free will, rather than making us all robotic, thoughtless ants.

Your second phrase is not even a sentence, and neither is your third phrase.

But, hey, aren't those "Fundies" really, really stupid, unlike atheists‽
31-10-2016, 08:46 PM
(16-08-2011 07:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  [Image: atheism_motivational_poster_20.jpg]

"Just think, we could have been exploring the galaxy by now."

THIS is atheistic "science"?

We ARE exploring the galaxy now, and have been doing so for hundreds of years.

As to space travel, a Voyager satellite was launched to fly by Jupiter. That took eleven years.

How do you propose to leave our solar system when our fastest rockets only go a fraction of the speed of light? But if we did approach c, it would take Space Atheist 4 years to reach Alpha Centurai. Bring lots of hamburgers, videos, and oxygen.

Naturally you can also completely disregard the "climate change" fraud, because after all, it's an absolute certainty that humans cause it, but scientific activities, and environmentalist activities, among many others, are exempt, bien sur.
31-10-2016, 09:00 PM
(18-10-2016 07:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Hard to say. I know some guys who are as stupid as horses. They have wives. :shrug:

And your parents were not married? That made them really, really "smart"?

Question of *intellectual* atheists: Why do the overwhelming majority of people raised in atheist homes renounce their atheism if it is so rational, and so honest, and so intelligent, and so good?

No rational answer is possible, so please, don't even bother trying.
31-10-2016, 09:07 PM
(31-10-2016 08:46 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 07:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  [Image: atheism_motivational_poster_20.jpg]

"Just think, we could have been exploring the galaxy by now."

THIS is atheistic "science"?

We ARE exploring the galaxy now, and have been doing so for hundreds of years.

As to space travel, a Voyager satellite was launched to fly by Jupiter. That took eleven years.

How do you propose to leave our solar system when our fastest rockets only go a fraction of the speed of light? But if we did approach c, it would take Space Atheist 4 years to reach Alpha Centurai. Bring lots of hamburgers, videos, and oxygen.

Naturally you can also completely disregard the "climate change" fraud, because after all, it's an absolute certainty that humans cause it, but scientific activities, and environmentalist activities, among many others, are exempt, bien sur.

Welcome to the forum.

You sir, are spamming this thread with your hoity toity. This is a fun thread, not a debate thread. Please start your own thread in which you are more than welcome to disparage that which you find disagreeable with atheism and its ilk.

You will find more than you want of those who would be glad to converse with you about such matters.

Good day, and I wish you a particularly evil All Hallows Eve.

Evil_monster

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
31-10-2016, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2016 09:15 PM by Fireball.)
Cleanup in aisle 4! This one is fucked up like a soup sandwich on steroids.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-10-2016, 09:08 PM
(31-10-2016 08:25 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  5. "Weapons of Mass Destruction - Bible and Koran"
One nation, under God, i.e. the United States,

That phrasing is from the amended Pledge of Allegiance, changed in the 50's in reaction to "Godless Communism".
It is not in the Constitution, the founding document and basis of law of the U.S.

Quote:stands out as a beacon of liberty, Christianity,

Have you read any actual history?

Quote:enlightenment, prosperity, hope, and much more. America's Founding Fathers came to this land seeking religious freedom, not atheism.

The Founding Fathers were born here, they didn't come here.

Quote:Moreover, it is consummately dishonest to equate the Judeo-Christian Bible with the Koran, for reasons which are made clear by contrasting the people who uphold and live each respective system, viz. the countries of Israel and say the United States, and the countries of Yemen, Syria, and Iraq - civilization and humanity on the one hand, where people of all races yearn to live, versus barbaric, insane murder and mayhem, where even their own countrymen are eager to flee permanently.

Have you read any actual history? Christians have been guilty of precisely the same and worse.

Quote:6. "99% of people who deny Evolution (sic) can't even define it!"
Please define "Evolution" (sic), bearing in mind that evolutionary scientists themselves disagree as to how evolution is defined.

I doubt you understand evolution, but scientists may disagree about details, not the fact of evolution or the basic algorithm.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2016, 09:11 PM
(31-10-2016 09:00 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 07:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Hard to say. I know some guys who are as stupid as horses. They have wives. :shrug:

Question of *intellectual* atheists: Why do the overwhelming majority of people raised in atheist homes renounce their atheism if it is so rational, and so honest, and so intelligent, and so good?

Indeed, no rational response is possible. Drinking Beverage Hope this little conundrum doesn't hurt your teeny brain. But I'll bet the irony will fly right by you, Skippy. Laughat
31-10-2016, 09:11 PM
(31-10-2016 09:00 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  

This is a picture thread. Take your crap elsewhere. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2016, 09:24 PM
We're just gonna leave out the fact that our "genius" new Christian friend didn't even notice that the post to which he was replying was from 2011, and the user to whom he was replying is no longer active here?

Wow. Every cliche in the book, in that set of replies, too. I really hope this clue-bird gets one, and starts a thread about it.

I'd love to have it out with him... starting with why he thinks every atheist is supposed to be intellectually superior.

Well, I'd prefer not to have to do the "Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao, Oh My!" and the "Explaining to Christians that in the 1950s, Christians hijacked this secular country with their alterations to the Pledge and the Motto" conversations for the official 100th time... but that seems unavoidable, at this point.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post