[split] Favourite pictures for a laugh at ... RenaissanceMan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Favourite pictures for a laugh at religion...
(31-10-2016 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-10-2016 09:00 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  And your parents were not married? That made them really, really "smart"?

Question of *intellectual* atheists: Why do the overwhelming majority of people raised in atheist homes renounce their atheism if it is so rational, and so honest, and so intelligent, and so good?

No rational answer is possible, so please, don't even bother trying.

This is a picture thread. Take your crap elsewhere. Drinking Beverage

Chas, you missed a golden opportunity for one of your classic [Citation Needed] replies.

Tsk. You're slipping.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2016, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2016 10:13 PM by Peebothuhul.)
Not wanting to continue the 'spam' and hoping things will get moved to some where else but...

Hello! Big Grin

Welcome to the forums!

As others have noted this is not the thread to chat to people in. It's a "Funny"/"Joke" thread. Yes

(31-10-2016 08:46 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  "Just think, we could have been exploring the galaxy by now."

THIS is atheistic "science"?

We ARE exploring the galaxy now, and have been doing so for hundreds of years.

As to space travel, a Voyager satellite was launched to fly by Jupiter. That took eleven years.

How do you propose to leave our solar system when our fastest rockets only go a fraction of the speed of light? But if we did approach c, it would take Space Atheist 4 years to reach Alpha Centurai. Bring lots of hamburgers, videos, and oxygen.

Okay.... please look up "Orion", a project from the 1950's.

Now, not saying there weren't 'bugs' in the idea BUT.. with a big enough vehicle quite high (As in 0.05% light speed) was thought to have been possible. SO, had such a vehicle been built back then it would now, today (Roughly) be sending signals back to us from our nearest stellar neighbors.

Thumbsup

(31-10-2016 08:46 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  Naturally you can also completely disregard the "climate change" fraud, because after all, it's an absolute certainty that humans cause it, but scientific activities, and environmentalist activities, among many others, are exempt, bien sur.

Okay... when it comes to science? I'll quite happily take the words/thoughts of those with the expertise in the field. If Neil deGrasse Tyson says something about the stars? Yup, I will listen. If Lawrence M. Krauss says something about physics? Yup, I'll listen.

Same goes for folks with their degrees of learning in any field. That you doubt those same, knowledgeable folk? Yay, good for you. You can go right ahead and doubt them.

You want to call their area of expertise rubbish? Okay, lets see your information refuting them.

Much cheers to you and yours.

P.S. Not at work! Clap
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
31-10-2016, 09:29 PM
(31-10-2016 09:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We're just gonna leave out the fact that our "genius" new Christian friend didn't even notice that the post to which he was replying was from 2011, and the user to whom he was replying is no longer active here?

Wow. Every cliche in the book, in that set of replies, too. I really hope this clue-bird gets one, and starts a thread about it.

I'd love to have it out with him... starting with why he thinks every atheist is supposed to be intellectually superior.

Well, I'd prefer not to have to do the "Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao, Oh My!" and the "Explaining to Christians that in the 1950s, Christians hijacked this secular country with their alterations to the Pledge and the Motto" conversations for the official 100th time... but that seems unavoidable, at this point.

We need one of those "villagers with torches" emojis to use when these pin dicks get banned, just for the comic effect. I was a little confused at first, as the first three posts were so off the wall...<madman staggers into room, mouthing insane shit> and like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-10-2016, 09:53 PM
(31-10-2016 09:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(31-10-2016 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  This is a picture thread. Take your crap elsewhere. Drinking Beverage

Chas, you missed a golden opportunity for one of your classic [Citation Needed] replies.

Tsk. You're slipping.

Not really. His assertion was so irrational that it would have been embarrassing to ask for a citation. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2016, 10:00 PM
(31-10-2016 09:29 PM)Fireball Wrote:  We need one of those "villagers with torches" emojis to use when these pin dicks get banned, just for the comic effect. I was a little confused at first, as the first three posts were so off the wall...<madman staggers into room, mouthing insane shit> and like that.

[Image: TorchesPitchforks.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Any way we can flush this derail out of an otherwise enjoyable thread?
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
31-10-2016, 11:46 PM
(31-10-2016 09:29 PM)Fireball Wrote:  We need one of those "villagers with torches" emojis to use when these pin dicks get banned, just for the comic effect. I was a little confused at first, as the first three posts were so off the wall...<madman staggers into room, mouthing insane shit> and like that.
[Image: angrymob2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
01-11-2016, 02:01 AM
(31-10-2016 11:45 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Any way we can flush this derail out of an otherwise enjoyable thread?

Agreed... but I do hope he comes back to the new thread. I'm actually curious to try to flesh out where these crazy Christian fundamentalists get these ideas, and this one actually seems intelligent enough (or at least, has a decent-enough command of the English language) to perhaps explain to us how they even arrive at these conclusions which fly so directly in the face of all evidence to the contrary... and then come here to state them with such force and confidence, thinking we'll cower in fear before their knowledge instead of fall over laughing at their ignorance. (Such as not recognizing a joke thread, and attacking that poster as though he was positing a thesis! Laugh out load )

I know it sounds like I'm being a jerk, here, but I'm honestly curious and hopeful to find one at least honest enough to face the mistakes and work with me to track down how they came to think this stuff in the first place, let alone think it so confidently that they can bring this sort of aggression to a message board.

Or maybe he'll just be so embarrassed that he mistakenly resurrected a five year old necro-post that he'll find it too difficult to maintain his snooty pseudo-intellectual veneer in order to look down upon the atheists he clearly disdains.

I would find that disappointing. If he turns out to be decent (once he's calmed down) and intellectually honest, I'd enjoy discussing it with him. If he turns out to be another "arrogance + ignorance = confidence" prick, then I'll enjoy pulling a WhiskeyDebates on him and chewing him alive.

So yes, I'd like to ask a mod to move these to a new thread and post a link in case he comes back to this one. Sorry to add to your workload, mods... I know you're not already busy enough. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
01-11-2016, 03:02 AM
(31-10-2016 08:34 PM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  You meant to write "their," the possessive form of "they." Instead, you ignorantly wrote "there," its homonym.

Ahem, you seem to have your homonyms confused with your homophones.

"Their", "they're" and "there" are homophones - "sound the same" but spelled differently.

"Homonyms" might be words like "pole" as in "lodge -" or "magnetic -", spelled the same with different meanings.

So, when you wish to throw epithets around make sure your own glass is bullet proof.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 8 users Like Gloucester's post
01-11-2016, 07:07 AM
and now back to our regularly scheduled program.......

[Image: stan-carey-indo-european-jones-meme-gram...e-guys.jpg]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post