[split] Favourite pictures for a laugh at ... RenaissanceMan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: [split] Favourite pictures for a laugh at ... RenaissanceMan
(02-11-2016 01:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 08:33 AM)Velvet Wrote:  EDIT: I know I'm a newbie but shouldn't we ban a person like that? or you guys rather keep him to show other Christians how low they can get?

We don't necessarily ban for people for name calling.

We do ban sock puppets and for taking a huge shit on the floor.

Was it BlowJob or Q? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-11-2016, 03:12 PM
(02-11-2016 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 01:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We don't necessarily ban for people for name calling.

We do ban sock puppets and for taking a huge shit on the floor.

Was it BlowJob or Q? Consider

100$ BJ

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2016, 03:36 PM
(02-11-2016 03:12 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Was it BlowJob or Q? Consider

100$ BJ

Nah. I don't think it was either of them. There was a member here who used to advertise who was on his ignore list in his sig. Find him and you find the sock. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-11-2016, 03:41 PM
I was not suggesting the ban because of name calling, my reasoning was ''If this person is so ignorant and morally inept that he thinks he can insult someone calling him a homosexual then this person certainly won't add anything to us nor learn anything from us, I personally would have no interest in further exchange with such a person''

That's why I suggested, and I realize this is selfish of my part, seeing that someone else might like to keep exchanges with a person like that.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
02-11-2016, 03:53 PM
(02-11-2016 03:41 PM)Velvet Wrote:  I was not suggesting the ban because of name calling, my reasoning was ''If this person is so ignorant and morally inept that he thinks he can insult someone calling him a homosexual then this person certainly won't add anything to us nor learn anything from us, I personally would have no interest in further exchange with such a person''

That's why I suggested, and I realize this is selfish of my part, seeing that someone else might like to keep exchanges with a person like that.

And we agree with your points. The problem is that we have to deal with Poe's Law, and the difficulty in telling those who are full-bore-crazy religious fanatics apart from those who pretend to be in order to get a rise out of a group that his culture has told him are "evil" and thus okay to target for harassment. Most of the time, those opinions they share on "objective moral reasoning" (as they often call it) simply tell us that their (subjective) moral idea-set is barbaric and pathetic. Listening to someone spouting Bronze Age moral reasoning-- and refusing to grasp that this also implies that other Old Testament Bad Ideas™ like stoning, slavery, misogyny, genocide, etc., are still A-Okay-- can be exhausting but I think in the end it is still good to have everyone here hash it out with them even if some would rather come to TTA and not have to deal with the religious assholes who make our lives so miserable in the real world.

Nevertheless, it's not a question of whether or not we ban a person simply because of unpopular opinions-- that will never be something that is acceptable, at TTA. Better to deal with an asshole than become censors.

On the other hand, some people are so disruptive and deliberately hostile to the forum (and/or its members) that over time we realize that they will never be here for conversation except for the purpose of trying to "disrupt operations", so to speak, here at TTA. Those people will be banned.

When they return under the guise of a "new" account, what we call a "sock", they'll be re-banned. Our mods are pretty good at sniffing those guys out.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-11-2016, 04:28 PM
He behaved like 21stCenturyIconoclast, except for the side he was allegedly on.

It always amazes me when these belligerent assholes get on here trying to persuade people. How does that work when you're constantly insulting and denigrating them?

Are they that stupid to think it does anything but damage our perception of such people?

If I converted back to religion, it would probably be Satanism, because I would only consider that which is the antithesis of what they believed after such a display.

One of many reasons I rejected Christianity were the assholes that filled the pews, the ones with the loudest mouths or the fattest wallets were usually the ones that had influence in church, this just reminds me of those people.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
02-11-2016, 04:52 PM
I would make a horrible moderator for TTA. I'd either let idiots like Renaissance man go on far too long or with the next sock puppet's arrival I'd over correct and ban-hammer them on their second post. It's not a job for moi.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-11-2016, 05:45 PM
(02-11-2016 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 03:12 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  100$ BJ

Nah. I don't think it was either of them. There was a member here who used to advertise who was on his ignore list in his sig. Find him and you find the sock. Big Grin

I believe there has been more than one.

That Catholic asshole LaramieHirsch was one. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2016, 06:12 PM
The gone-away party is much more fun than the posted BS! Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
(02-11-2016 04:28 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  He behaved like 21stCenturyIconoclast, except for the side he was allegedly on.

It always amazes me when these belligerent assholes get on here trying to persuade people. How does that work when you're constantly insulting and denigrating them?

Are they that stupid to think it does anything but damage our perception of such people?

If I converted back to religion, it would probably be Satanism, because I would only consider that which is the antithesis of what they believed after such a display.

One of many reasons I rejected Christianity were the assholes that filled the pews, the ones with the loudest mouths or the fattest wallets were usually the ones that had influence in church, this just reminds me of those people.

He behaved exactly like 21stCenturyIconoclast. Dodgy I didn't fully accept that 21Century was actually an atheist, so seeing this would-be sock incarnation as a Christian made perfect sense to me.

He just Leeroy Jenkins into the forum, arms flailing, flinging out vitriol and baseless accusations. Fucknut.

[Image: 0107.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Aliza's post