[split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
(12-11-2014 04:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Those are not mutually exclusive, you know. Consider

Is it really relevant or are you trying to correct an error?

The facts are always relevant to a discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2014, 09:57 AM
(12-11-2014 05:03 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Those are not mutually exclusive, you know. Consider
If it qualifies on both sides of the "or" then I am doubly nervous.

Does a semi-automatic pistol with a removable magazine of 17 rounds fit the definition? Consider

13-11-2014, 09:58 AM
(12-11-2014 06:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  This shit again? Guns are meant to fire a projectile. That's it.

A gun can provide food, safety (from wildlife) and from other animals that mean you harm.

They can also kill people who are harmlessly driving a car, or kids learning in school.

So can cars.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-11-2014, 12:53 PM
(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  How many times do I have to go over this? A criminal will always have access to weapons.
We can restrict their access to guns.

(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Further, a criminal is not a lawful gun owner.
This is a bizzare thing to say. Anyone can pull a trigger. Anyone can become a criminal. Lawful gun owners can and do become criminals.
Lawful gun owners do get their guns stolen and into the hands of already established criminals.

(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If you have been convicted of a felony, you cannot legally own or obtain a gun.
There are many gun homocides/massacres committed by people who have obtained some guns via retail avenues

(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  People are dangerous. With or without guns.
People are more dangerous with guns.
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2014, 12:55 PM
(13-11-2014 09:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:03 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If it qualifies on both sides of the "or" then I am doubly nervous.

Does a semi-automatic pistol with a removable magazine of 17 rounds fit the definition? Consider
Depends on the rate of fire and the speed with which a magazine can be switched.
But yeah, I'd think 17 rounds seems excessive if a person thinks their gun is for self defense. 17 rounds would be great for an offensive excercise though.
13-11-2014, 01:01 PM
(13-11-2014 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 06:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  They can also kill people who are harmlessly driving a car, or kids learning in school.

So can cars.

So if I am in side a building learning a car can kill me?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-11-2014, 01:16 PM
(13-11-2014 01:01 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-11-2014 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  So can cars.

So if I am in side a building learning a car can kill me?
Yes.
13-11-2014, 01:19 PM
(13-11-2014 12:53 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  How many times do I have to go over this? A criminal will always have access to weapons.
We can restrict their access to guns.

(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Further, a criminal is not a lawful gun owner.
This is a bizzare thing to say. Anyone can pull a trigger. Anyone can become a criminal. Lawful gun owners can and do become criminals.
Lawful gun owners do get their guns stolen and into the hands of already established criminals.

(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If you have been convicted of a felony, you cannot legally own or obtain a gun.
There are many gun homocides/massacres committed by people who have obtained some guns via retail avenues

(13-11-2014 06:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  People are dangerous. With or without guns.
People are more dangerous with guns.

Why so fixated on the weapon? Guns do not make people do crimes, it is just a tool. People commit crimes all the time with "lesser weapons".
13-11-2014, 02:45 PM
(13-11-2014 01:19 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Why so fixated on the weapon? Guns do not make people do crimes, it is just a tool. People commit crimes all the time with "lesser weapons".
Sure, but guns are, for many of them, their weapon of choice.
Why?
Because they are easily concealed and highly affective.

Why are guns the weapon of choice when USA decides to have an land invasion e.g. Iraq, Afghanistan? Why not just send of the troops armed with box cutters?

Why is it that those in USA who feel the need to carry a weapon for self defense, why do they prefer guns?

Why such a fascination on guns?
13-11-2014, 02:57 PM
(13-11-2014 02:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-11-2014 01:19 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Why so fixated on the weapon? Guns do not make people do crimes, it is just a tool. People commit crimes all the time with "lesser weapons".
Sure, but guns are, for many of them, their weapon of choice.
Why?
Because they are easily concealed and highly affective.

Why are guns the weapon of choice when USA decides to have an land invasion e.g. Iraq, Afghanistan? Why not just send of the troops armed with box cutters?

Why is it that those in USA who feel the need to carry a weapon for self defense, why do they prefer guns?

Why such a fascination on guns?

I never made the counter point that other weapons are as effective. In fact I even mentioned other weapons as "lesser" in a comment. My point is in the absence of guns criminals will arm themselves with something else. Can you agree that is a likely scenario? If not them you are not being honest and further discussion is really pointless.

Army reference is silly.

People feel the need to be armed with guns because it gives them the best chance of defense. See point 1.

I have a few guns. I grew up hunting and what not. I do not carry or keep one loaded in my night stand. I am not afraid of the world. I just like to target shoot and hope to hunt again one day. If a person truly feels they need to keep one for defense in their home or on their person I have no problem with that. If it were me and I felt like that I would arm myself until I could move.