[split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
(14-11-2014 01:20 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 01:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Guns=suffering, No guns=a world better in peace.

If it were only that black and white....................

It sorta is, there is a reason why I said better in peace instead of world peace.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2014, 01:25 PM
(12-11-2014 10:56 AM)Gaest Wrote:  Addressing this in a funny way:

Fucking brilliant Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
14-11-2014, 01:26 PM
(14-11-2014 01:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 01:03 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Then you and I are of the same mindset!

I agree, but we need to define the problems first. For instance, "assault weapons" aren't a problem that needs solving.
No kidding, what are commonly referred to as assault weapons are not more mechanically or balistically advanced than semi-auto hunting weapons of the same caliber. Some manufactures use the same mechanical bits and just put a different stock on it.
14-11-2014, 01:29 PM
(14-11-2014 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 01:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Relying on firearms isn't either. You either have surprise, or you don't. And at four or five metres you've got one shot before they're in your face regardless.

I don't deny that in a very narrow range of circumstances it'll increase your odds - of course it will! But the same is true of a stick. I think it's really easy to wildly oversell that potential.

Multiple assailants. Use your stick on that. Big Grin

If you're facing multiple competent assailants you're probably fucked regardless. If they're armed with guns, somewhat obviously so. If they're not, you can train and fire in one direction but the guy(s) in the other direction won't be standing still...

... this is my signature!
14-11-2014, 01:30 PM
(14-11-2014 01:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 01:20 PM)wazzel Wrote:  If it were only that black and white....................

It sorta is, there is a reason why I said better in peace instead of world peace.

You are going to have to convince me. I just do not see how removing an inanimate object from the world will make everything all better.

People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. I really do not see that changing any time soon.
14-11-2014, 01:32 PM
(14-11-2014 01:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 01:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Multiple assailants. Use your stick on that. Big Grin

If you're facing multiple competent assailants you're probably fucked regardless. If they're armed with guns, somewhat obviously so. If they're not, you can train and fire in one direction but the guy(s) in the other direction won't be standing still...
Funny. I have had similar discussion concerning magazine size restrictions. I think 10 is all you need because if it takes more than that you are probably out gunned and/or manned anyway.
14-11-2014, 01:32 PM
(14-11-2014 01:30 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 01:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It sorta is, there is a reason why I said better in peace instead of world peace.

You are going to have to convince me. I just do not see how removing an inanimate object from the world will make everything all better.

People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. I really do not see that changing any time soon.

My goal is to try to make the world as peaceful as possible, I know that killing will never stop, but guns make killing easier, so much easier in fact that it is ridiculous. There is a reason why people shoot up schools and not mauy thai up schools.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-11-2014, 01:38 PM
(14-11-2014 01:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 01:30 PM)wazzel Wrote:  You are going to have to convince me. I just do not see how removing an inanimate object from the world will make everything all better.

My goal is to try to make the world as peaceful as possible, I know that killing will never stop, but guns make killing easier, so much easier in fact that it is ridiculous. There is a reason why people shoot up schools and not mauy thai up schools.

That is a nice goal, but until you change people regulating tools will matter little. Violence will still happen. Just remember all the Rwandans that were hacked to death if you think only guns can generate large body counts in short times.
14-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Re: RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
(14-11-2014 01:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Good that you understand martial arts, but the problem is that you can say guns can be used in self-defense but they are used to kill people more that self-defense, guns offer more negatives than positives. There is no way we can stop school shootings, innocents being slaughtered(on purpose) in war, and keeping major guns weak. Guns=suffering, No guns=a world better in peace.

From my perspective guns offer more positives than negatives. You see I don't participate in school shootings or other nefarious activities.

However I do understand that some people do participate in such nefarious activities. But for me to give up my guns because of what they do is kind of like me getting a vasectomy because I think the next door neighbor has too many kids.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
14-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Re: RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
(14-11-2014 01:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  There is a reason why people shoot up schools and not mauy thai up schools.

It's because schools are "gun free zones" making it easy pickings.