[split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
I'm happy to sit back and give Kumbaya a chance. But if someone tries to disarm me in a world that is inherently hostile, I will consider it an act of war. Therefore, if one desires peace, they should keep that in mind in their dealings with me and others like me.

In most other things I tend to range from liberal to neutral. But when it comes to the ability to stay armed, I'm your cliche 'Murican.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
11-11-2014, 11:08 AM
(11-11-2014 09:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm happy to sit back and give Kumbaya a chance. But if someone tries to disarm me in a world that is inherently hostile, I will consider it an act of war. Therefore, if one desires peace, they should keep that in mind in their dealings with me and others like me.

In most other things I tend to range from liberal to neutral. But when it comes to the ability to stay armed, I'm your cliche 'Murican.

That is nice, but tell me, how are we going to stop mofos from shooting schools and killing innocents while they are using guns?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2014, 11:11 AM
(11-11-2014 09:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm happy to sit back and give Kumbaya a chance. But if someone tries to disarm me in a world that is inherently hostile, I will consider it an act of war.
It's really sad to me that so many Americans see it that way. I can't imagine being so afraid of my own countrymen that I would feel the need to carry a firearm with me at all times just so that I can feel safe.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
11-11-2014, 12:09 PM
(11-11-2014 11:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 09:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm happy to sit back and give Kumbaya a chance. But if someone tries to disarm me in a world that is inherently hostile, I will consider it an act of war.
It's really sad to me that so many Americans see it that way. I can't imagine being so afraid of my own countrymen that I would feel the need to carry a firearm with me at all times just so that I can feel safe.

I don't carry mine with me. But that doesn't mean I am willing to give it up. How I feel about my community today (local, city, state, country) might be different tomorrow.

for me, it's kind of like a lighter, I don't need one most of the time, but when I need one, I need it. Damnit now I got bonfires and s'mores on my mind.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-11-2014, 12:29 PM

The number of self-defense situations in which a weapon - any weapon - is useful is incredibly tiny. If it makes people feel better, more power to them, I guess, but the number of accidents rapidly outweighs any benefit...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
11-11-2014, 12:56 PM
(11-11-2014 12:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 11:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  It's really sad to me that so many Americans see it that way. I can't imagine being so afraid of my own countrymen that I would feel the need to carry a firearm with me at all times just so that I can feel safe.

The number of self-defense situations in which a weapon - any weapon - is useful is incredibly tiny. If it makes people feel better, more power to them, I guess, but the number of accidents rapidly outweighs any benefit...

Did I ever tell I feel like you enter my mind and say what I say?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2014, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 06:39 PM by yakherder.)
Do I need to expand on the irrationality behind choosing to define as fear my desire to be able to meet my attackers on equal ground compared to your desire to keep them out of your perceived bubble of protection so you never have to? Let's be real here. We both want the same thing in the end, and in both cases that desire stems from the fact that we are afraid of seeing our loved ones helplessly murdered in a place where they should be safe. The debate doesn't lie in the fact that one of us is afraid and the other is not, it lies in how we choose to deal with the fear, which we both have to some degree.

One side wants to see the bad guys disarmed and believes that criminalizing those weapons or severely restricting them will accomplish that goal. The other believes that it is impossible to restrict something that is so easy to produce and so readily available and doesn't want to be the only defenseless people out there by virtue of the fact that they choose to obey the law. (Edit: ) And I would also add to that the ability to keep the government in check (and I say that as someone who has spent my whole life working for the government) or, more importantly, have the leverage to control a power vacuum in the event that the government loses control.

But I'm sure we've all hashed out this debate many times and neither of you are any more likely to change than I am, which is the reason why I find myself simply falling back on the μολὼν λαβέ ideal, usually translated as "come and take them." I've spent most of my life in the military, and am currently in law enforcement while still drilling with the National Guard. I was 19 when I saw a 16 year old girl get gang raped by militia just a couple hundred yards beyond the border of the U.N. refugee camp where my misguided rules of engagement permitted me to "interfere." Not long after that I had the privilege of coming across some children in a basement during an anti drug raid who had been suffocated using plastic wrap. Not long after that I was home on leave for my 21st birthday listening to my high school buddies talk about girl troubles and how stressful college was, and it occurred to me then how fragile that previously mentioned bubble really is and how different the perception of those who were raised within its protective influence are. In the 15 years since, which has included two separate wars and a number of disaster relief scenarios, almost all of which caused the local populations to devolve into mindless ass holes, I can't say my view of the world is much better and, no, it's not just in my own country that I see danger around every corner. We've all got our own perceptions and our own theorized way of dealing with our fears, but all I can say is I will never, ever, ever be able to live comfortably within the safety net of civilization because my experience has been that it doesn't really exist.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
11-11-2014, 02:18 PM
(11-11-2014 11:08 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is nice, but tell me, how are we going to stop mofos from shooting schools and killing innocents while they are using guns?

And to answer this question, you can't. Society is reactive, and there is absolutely nothing you can do except react once a situation is taking place, at which point at least one person is already dead. That's just as true whether they're using a gun, a homemade bomb, a knife, or their bare hands. All I want is the ability to react with, at minimum, equal force.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-11-2014, 02:21 PM

Ive never understood it either Vosur. I guess I'm just not scared enough.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-11-2014, 03:24 PM
(11-11-2014 02:18 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 11:08 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is nice, but tell me, how are we going to stop mofos from shooting schools and killing innocents while they are using guns?

And to answer this question, you can't. Society is reactive, and there is absolutely nothing you can do except react once a situation is taking place, at which point at least one person is already dead. That's just as true whether they're using a gun, a homemade bomb, a knife, or their bare hands. All I want is the ability to react with, at minimum, equal force.

No you can, and that is to make sure nobody has a gun, whether it be soldier, cop or citizen. You see, people are so busy trying to keep there guns that they don't seem to notice that many lives get taken from people using them. Swords just the same, but it is harder to conceal a sword than a gun, and they are harder to come around, and bare hands, when was the last time you say some school lose the lives of people because of some one who killed them with mauy thai? When was the last time a capoerist was able to use his martial art to kill people at his job? Last time I heard a capoeirst kill anyone it was the slave masters with there own guns. You see you can fight back, but most americans think they only way to defend them selves is with a gun, expecting that someone will get them with a gun. I heard a saying that if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns, but then I thought, if you make sure guns are not around anymore, than no one will have guns. If you want to retaliate take a martial arts class, much better for you, and a lot of less people die from it, and this is period, I am not counting whether accidents or not. And I don't have to worry about people attacking without guns because the in the U.S exercise is a cuss word, and the action is pretty much taboo to most people, in nihon violence is not a big problem there, hell the worst crimes seems to be getting you bike stolen, and that is in poor spots. We need to learn guns are useless, only thing they do is hurt people, for every school shot, for every kid who shoots them selves by accident, or worst there family, because they found a gun even if well secured and hidden, and gangs that shoot people because they look funny. Guns only serve one thing, to help kill our own species for horrible reasons. And don't try war either because we can use better ways to solve problems.