[split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
(25-11-2014 03:11 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 02:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Here is a firearm fact, guns do nothing but cause unnecessary death and suffering and should only exist in video games. Drinking Beverage

Ever go moose hunting with a spear? Yeah, me neither. I use a rifle..

Pussy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Not a moose, but check out this badass bushman hunter.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-11-2014, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 07:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-11-2014 07:36 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not a moose, but check out this badass bushman hunter.

Very fucking cool.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-11-2014, 03:07 PM
(25-11-2014 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 03:11 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Ever go moose hunting with a spear? Yeah, me neither. I use a rifle..

Pussy.

Well, I am what I eat.
What do you eat? Wink
26-11-2014, 03:10 PM
(26-11-2014 03:07 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pussy.

Well, I am what I eat.
What do you eat? Wink

Souls

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
26-11-2014, 03:15 PM
(25-11-2014 07:36 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not a moose, but check out this badass bushman hunter.

Right. Not a moose. A moose is much larger and more aggressive especially during its rut. I wanna see what that guy would do if it was a moose during rut. I don't know if he'd curl up in the fetal position while crying like a little bitch but I doubt he'd be as "tough" as he is in the video...
26-11-2014, 03:19 PM
(26-11-2014 03:15 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  

Right. Not a moose. A moose is much larger and more aggressive especially during its rut. I wanna see what that guy would do if it was a moose during rut. I don't know if he'd curl up in the fetal position while crying like a little bitch but I doubt he'd be as "tough" as he is in the video...

Well in their defense, they would hunt in a group than alone.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-11-2014, 06:15 PM
"I am a dick for not getting to this stuff sooner." Repeat until punctual.

(21-11-2014 07:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 09:02 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I am a dick for not getting back too this stuff sooner.
I'll happily agree that the anti-gun people have misinformed people on what constitutes "dangerous assault weapons" and thanks to the conversation between Stevil* and yourself I have a firmer grasp on what constitues an "Assault Weapon" in the first place and I think I have a slightly better handle on the whole gun safety thing. So I'd like to ask a different question:

In places where it is legal to own fully automatic weaponry, say a AK varient because I'd rather avoid looking up a specific example,

Fully-automatic firearms are controlled by federal law, although some states have banned the trade in them.
[/quote]

*Huzzah* Something I know. It's why I specified a generic place where it is legal to own them.

Quote:
Quote:the person who has purchased the weapon and justifies it as being for personal and home defense.

Except no one does.

Quote:Are they being disengenious: Is the purpose for which they purchased the weapon fulfilled as well by another weapon that is less efficent at harming people ("less dangerous**") as well filled by a pistol?

Except no one buys an automatic weapon for those reasons.

Do you honestly think that nobody justifies their purchase that way? I mean, it's fine if you do, or if you say that it's a tiny minority, you're better informed on the subject than I am.

Is that accurate: Can you say that in good conscience?

Quote:
Quote:At what point is a gun overkill or enough for the purposes for which it was purchased?

That is a loaded question. Drinking Beverage

You will need to be more specific. Your example above fails to be realistic.
There are firearms that are suitable for one purpose and not well-suited for another.

Which is why I asked a loaded question. It's specifically an uncommon edge case and I'm interested in what you think.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
26-11-2014, 06:19 PM
(26-11-2014 03:15 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  

No doubt. I spent about a third of my childhood in Akaka, and the moose were far more dangerous than the wolves and bears combined.

I wasn't making a statement, just posting a video the conversation reminded me of.

'Murican Canadian
26-11-2014, 06:42 PM
(26-11-2014 06:15 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Do you honestly think that nobody justifies their purchase that way? I mean, it's fine if you do, or if you say that it's a tiny minority, you're better informed on the subject than I am.

Is that accurate: Can you say that in good conscience?

One does not need to provide a reason for owning an automatic weapon, just the transfer fee.

Quote:
Quote:That is a loaded question. Drinking Beverage

You will need to be more specific. Your example above fails to be realistic.
There are firearms that are suitable for one purpose and not well-suited for another.

Which is why I asked a loaded question. It's specifically an uncommon edge case and I'm interested in what you think.

No, seriously, what is your question? I don't know what you are asking.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user