[split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 06:26 PM

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Re: RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
(11-11-2014 06:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  We can get rid of guns right now

How do you propose to do this?
11-11-2014, 06:43 PM
(11-11-2014 06:36 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 06:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  We can get rid of guns right now

How do you propose to do this?

Destroy all guns, all blueprints of guns and then kill everyone who knows how to make a gun, then forbid people to even talk about guns. All you need is a totalitarian regime and guns can be forgotten in a generation!

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 3 users Like Res Publica's post
11-11-2014, 06:45 PM
(11-11-2014 06:43 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 06:36 PM)KUSA Wrote:  How do you propose to do this?

Destroy all guns, all blueprints of guns and then kill everyone who knows how to make a gun, then forbid people to even talk about guns. All you need is a totalitarian regime and guns can be forgotten in a generation!

That's satire, right?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2014, 06:52 PM

I'd like to preempt this move by adding to the Bill of Rights the right to bear crossbows, slingshots, and boards with nails in them.

'Murican Canadian
11-11-2014, 06:56 PM

Executing this plan would be a bitch.
11-11-2014, 07:49 PM

Or educate there danger, guns are like dragons, they a better in fiction so it would be good to just destroy all guns and gun blue prints.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2014, 07:54 PM
(11-11-2014 07:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 06:43 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Destroy all guns, all blueprints of guns and then kill everyone who knows how to make a gun, then forbid people to even talk about guns. All you need is a totalitarian regime and guns can be forgotten in a generation!

Or educate there danger, guns are like dragons, they a better in fiction so it would be good to just destroy all guns and gun blue prints.

That's a well thought out plan you have there.
11-11-2014, 08:00 PM
(11-11-2014 05:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 03:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  The hell kinda shitstorm would develop from that that would cause 'the unarmed to come out behind.'
What exactly do you expect to happen if people got their guns taken, or hell, just restricted? An explosion of crime? Armed revolts? Anarchy?

I'll give you a relevant example. A bunch of well intentioned people start protesting and engaging in peaceful civil disobedience in an attempt grab the attention of a government they feel is treating them unfairly. It pays them no attention, so they up their efforts in an attempt to overthrow the current leadership. The leadership either

A: Responds with deadly force against them (see Syria), and in the ensuing power vacuum all the crazies come out of the woodwork to take advantage of the government's weakened state. Now you've got 98% of the country that just want to live a normal, relatively secular life, cowering in their homes with their roles in the conflict no longer relevant, and the various armed groups that, though they make up the minority of the population, are the ones who are armed. Right now, we're watching multiple groups of combatants including but not limited to government forces, moderates, and not so moderates vying for control. Whatever the outcome, rest assured the unarmed majority will have absolutely no say in it.

B: becomes ousted (see Ukraine), at which point it pretty much proceeds just like it has been in Syria, except with the government forces weakened due to lack of leadership, a much more powerful adversary trying to fill that vacuum, the various complacent international organizations who only somewhat represent their interests trying to decide whether or not and how much they should interfere, and (surprise) the Tatars, yet another group of Muslim extremists, threatening Jihad in Crimea in the midst of the ensuing power vacuum.

Now... Lets assume for a second that one of the various illegally armed groups within the U.S., or even Mexico or South America which, between the two, contain every single one of the 10 most violent cities in the world, ever realize how lacking in its ability to defend itself from internal attack the U.S. really is. Do you ever wonder why the government always seems to overreact in situations like Occupy Wallstreet or the Ferguson riots? It may seem irrational when viewing from inside that bubble I've mentioned a few times. But what they realize that most of you don't is how close any country is, anywhere in the world, at any time, to collapsing into a power vacuum much like the ones we're seeing in multiple parts of the world right now. I'm not saying we will in the near future. But if and when we do, I want to make damn sure whoever comes out ahead in that power vacuum is someone I'd readily call an ally, as opposed to, say, the Sinaloa Cartel or MS13. Regardless, in such a hopefully unlikely scenario, you can rest assured the non combatant majority will be huddled in their homes hoping whoever comes out ahead is kind enough not to rape and murder them.

This is my problem (I say 'my' because it seems more a problem with myself than anything else) with arms ownership, it's just such a foreign concept and culture to me; I really cannot imagine, or perhaps I'd rather not imagine that in a nation like the USA those scenarios could happen... Probably because it didn't happen here when arms restrictions came into place.

I fully admit to being as ignorant as a rock on this stuff, but even I can tell that's fucking stupid.
You presumably use guns to form your dictatorship then promptly destroy them all and their blueprints and their manufacturers production lines and murder anybody who can make the weapons and ban them ever being spoken of...

Great plan except how the fuck would you enforce anything? Do you revert to Longbows? Arm your totalitarian thugs with big sticks? And how will they be forgotten in a generation; you can't stop people talking in their own homes, not even North Korea can accomplish that feat and people have long-ass memories.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.