[split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: [split] Firearm Education Thread (lots of pics)
(12-11-2014 06:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  This shit again? Guns are meant to fire a projectile. That's it.

A gun can provide food, safety (from wildlife) and from other animals that mean you harm.

They can also kill people who are harmlessly driving a car, or kids learning in school.

The operator of the gun kills. The gun itself merely fired a projectile.

The elimination of guns will not prevent any deaths.

And if preventing deaths is what your goal is, then perhaps you should focus on something that kills more people than all shootings combined.

Auto fatalities.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
12-11-2014, 06:39 PM
(12-11-2014 06:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 06:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  They can also kill people who are harmlessly driving a car, or kids learning in school.

The operator of the gun kills. The gun itself merely fired a projectile.

And if preventing deaths is what your goal is, then perhaps you should focus on something that kills more people than all shootings combined.

Auto fatalities.

Well tell me, how are auto fatalities used to kill innocent civilians these soldiers kill?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-11-2014, 06:46 PM
(12-11-2014 06:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 06:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The operator of the gun kills. The gun itself merely fired a projectile.

Auto fatalities.

Well tell me, how are auto fatalities used to kill innocent civilians these soldiers kill?

"these soldiers"?

Which soldiers? Those that accidentally shot civilians who run into an active combat zone?

It seems to me likely that the majority of civilian causalities inflicted by soldiers would be caused by drone operators or maybe pilots, rather than by gun-equipped infantry.

Also auto fatalities do kill civilians...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-11-2014, 06:49 PM
(12-11-2014 06:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 06:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The operator of the gun kills. The gun itself merely fired a projectile.

Auto fatalities.

Which soldiers are you speaking of?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
12-11-2014, 07:45 PM
For those guy opponents do not use the mistaken logic that all gun crimes and deaths will completely go away in the absence of guns. Those crimes and deaths contributed to guns will move to other weapons. Well maybe not all of them. Who know for sure, but I suspect a large percent will just be carried out by other means.
12-11-2014, 07:52 PM
(12-11-2014 07:45 PM)wazzel Wrote:  For those guy opponents do not use the mistaken logic that all gun crimes and deaths will completely go away in the absence of guns. Those crimes and deaths contributed to guns will move to other weapons. Well maybe not all of them. Who know for sure, but I suspect a large percent will just be carried out by other means.
That's a massive assumption.
We send armies into war with guns because they are much more efficient at stopping the enemy than knives.

If you disagree then surely all you need for protection is a knife, why do you argue for the right to protect yourself with a gun?
12-11-2014, 07:59 PM
(12-11-2014 07:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 07:45 PM)wazzel Wrote:  For those guy opponents do not use the mistaken logic that all gun crimes and deaths will completely go away in the absence of guns. Those crimes and deaths contributed to guns will move to other weapons. Well maybe not all of them. Who know for sure, but I suspect a large percent will just be carried out by other means.
We send armies into war with guns because they are much more efficient at stopping the enemy than knives.

If you disagree then surely all you need for protection is a knife, why do you argue for the right to protect yourself with a gun?

A knife requires allowing closer proximity to my person, thus allowing an assailant to have the opportunity to overpower me.

Let's not pretend that you've never heard of disparity of force? Men never rape women by overpowering them?

12-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Stevil - please don't start with your drunk girl mistaken house scenarios again. It's far more likely that an individual gaining unlawful access to my residence means me harm than it is that they just have the wrong house while under the influence of a psychoactive drug.

12-11-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 09:48 PM by Cathym112.)
(12-11-2014 07:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

It's not a massive assumption. It's factually accurate.

One sunny Tuesday morning, a group of men with box cutters killed 3,000 people.

One guy with a massive IQ and an education from the University of Michigan killed more than the latest school shooting in Washington.

One man, delusional with conspiracy theories that the government was tracking him killed 148 people on a single day and injured more than 650.

I can keep on going. No guns were involved at all.

12-11-2014, 08:18 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...e-Violence

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs...online.pdf

"More gun control leads to higher murder rates."

[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post