[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 06:43 AM by Cathym112.)
[split] First time drug experience
(23-02-2014 01:01 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 03:59 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I know you didnt ask me.. but, keep away from the crack and shooting the shit, snort all you can afford and then realise that you just wasted money that could have been used for better things. Wink

No prob man, thanks for the heads up. I figure I'm not the type of person that would do it frequently. Too much money I guess.

Sorry - but what the frig is wrong with you? Are you seriously justifying to yourself using a drug that can seriously fuck up your life (if not kill you) because you won't do it frequently? Further, the only thing stopping you from doing it frequently is the money. Not because you would be afraid that your life could spiral out of control....but because it's expensive?

Does that make any sense to you? That's like saying, hey, handling dangerous snakes is ok, because I won't do it that frequently.

Clearly addiction will be a problem for you as you are actively seeking information about these experiences. You weren't happy with alcohol, weed or other drugs that can be used in more moderation. I don't know any crack heads, or heroin addicts that can use in moderation.

Let's put it this way: not everyone who loses everything is a heroin addict, but eventually every heroin addict loses everything.

I get called out to search for a lot of suspected overdoses. There was this one girl, young. Maybe 26? Found her naked in a corn field 4 days after she OD'd. Bath salts and meth.

Dude - not even the flies would touch her. That's how toxic this shit is. When an insect won't even land on you.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
23-02-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 06:47 AM by Cathym112.)
RE: First time drug experience
(22-02-2014 08:39 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 08:21 AM)BnW Wrote:  Why would anyone just try heroin? That has to be about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If your boy friend is just "trying" hard drugs like heroin, you may want to re-think that relationship.

Because people want to have experiences. I told him myself how stupid it was, these things are not for "trying".

It's not like he tries hard drugs all the time, it was his first time actually, he's a 38 year old man who rarely drinks anymore (but he needs his pot). I don't know how this stupid idea came to his mind. I told him it was stupid, he had a bad experience and he regretted ever doing it and I'm sure he won't do anything similar again.

Sorry - but I agree with BnW. He "needs his pot"? At 38 years old, he sounds like a loser.

I've never known any potheads that were motivated, ambitious or even really productive members of society. The CEOs i know of various companies - don't smoke pot. They don't really do drugs either. So perhaps it's just my experience, but anytime someone needs a chemical to alter their brain, it's time to rethink your relationship.

Anytime you are high - you are not mentally present in the moment. I've had my fair share of pot - I couldn't watch tv because the commercials would confuse me and make me forget what I was watching. I just wasn't there. I was floating around, giggling like a retard, eating an entire sheet pizza, and feeling very sleepy. Either way - I wasn't mentally there in the moment. This is my experience with other pot users. They aren't even really listening when you talk. Oh sure - they appear to be listening, but the conversation is erased from memory rather quickly.

Personally, id rather be in a relationship with someone who is at least in the same room with me, and not off in la-la land.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
23-02-2014, 08:35 AM
(23-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sorry - but I agree with BnW. He "needs his pot"? At 38 years old, he sounds like a loser.

I've never known any potheads that were motivated, ambitious or even really productive members of society. The CEOs i know of various companies - don't smoke pot. They don't really do drugs either. So perhaps it's just my experience, but anytime someone needs a chemical to alter their brain, it's time to rethink your relationship.

Anytime you are high - you are not mentally present in the moment. I've had my fair share of pot - I couldn't watch tv because the commercials would confuse me and make me forget what I was watching. I just wasn't there. I was floating around, giggling like a retard, eating an entire sheet pizza, and feeling very sleepy. Either way - I wasn't mentally there in the moment. This is my experience with other pot users. They aren't even really listening when you talk. Oh sure - they appear to be listening, but the conversation is erased from memory rather quickly.

Personally, id rather be in a relationship with someone who is at least in the same room with me, and not off in la-la land.

Ok, first of all, the pot we have here is very different than what you have there. In order to get the high you guys get, you need to smoke 3 in a row all by yourself.

My boyfriend has multiple sclerosis and has a job that requires him to be active (that means manual work) 12 hours a day, 4 times a week (plus 3-4 hours the days he isn't working). He is too old to change his job, he has loans to repay and he is hardly getting by. His stress levels are crazy without pot and his job is having a really bad effect on his health.

The pot he smokes is just enough to calm him down and take the stress away. Trust me, he is not absent, he is not high and he doesn't forget about me. He is always there.

He is now in the process of getting a disability support pension, which I hope will lower his stress levels and he will reduce the amount he smokes. He already reduces it every time we're on vacations.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-02-2014, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 11:53 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
(23-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 08:39 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Because people want to have experiences. I told him myself how stupid it was, these things are not for "trying".

It's not like he tries hard drugs all the time, it was his first time actually, he's a 38 year old man who rarely drinks anymore (but he needs his pot). I don't know how this stupid idea came to his mind. I told him it was stupid, he had a bad experience and he regretted ever doing it and I'm sure he won't do anything similar again.

Sorry - but I agree with BnW. He "needs his pot"? At 38 years old, he sounds like a loser.

I stopped at "he is 38 and needs his pot. Something about a loser.... Nobody actually needs pot aside from a psychological need. If a pothead quits the worst is a few sleepless nights. At least that's my experience. I'll be 40 in just a few days and I love my pot. I smoke it daily (unless I'm in a dry camp). One might say I need my pot. I've tried just about every drug I could get my hands on. I'll try just about anything. If you ask me that's the point if life. I also enjoy alcohol! Does this make me a loser? Well let's see. I have a great paying job, a beautiful and wonderful wife, a nice home, awesome toys, an excellent family and great friends. I would say I am not a loser and if you think that a pothead is always a loser I would suggest you stop listening to the propaganda and read a fucking book!
Now that I got that off my chest....
I was around 14 maybe when I smoked my first joint (it was hash) and I got fried out of my tree! Sat on the floor with my back to the wall and eyes closed I felt like I was floating. My friend said something (I have no idea what) and the giggles kicked in. I do remember another friend continuously complaining about not getting a buzz.

Edit..I read a little more and I must add that I'm pretty motivated. I mean I could probably buy your ass! And as for CEOs you are probably right. I know there are those who prefer coke! At any rate you don't seem to know what you are talking about! I function perfectly well while stoned.
I've always said smoking pot doesn't make one stupid. That pothead was very likely already stupid in the first place.
Anyway I can't help but wonder how much of a loser Sagan was. What he might have accomplished if only he wasn't so demotivated by pot.
24-02-2014, 12:26 PM
OMG
totally smoked weed and drank while in CA. Was just a barrel of laughs. Truly.
Only been about 20+ yrs since I smoked weed.

LMAO

had a blastThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup
Evil_monster

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
24-02-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 02:39 PM by Cathym112.)
(24-02-2014 11:41 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sorry - but I agree with BnW. He "needs his pot"? At 38 years old, he sounds like a loser.

I stopped at "he is 38 and needs his pot. Something about a loser.... Nobody actually needs pot aside from a psychological need. If a pothead quits the worst is a few sleepless nights. At least that's my experience. I'll be 40 in just a few days and I love my pot. I smoke it daily (unless I'm in a dry camp). One might say I need my pot. I've tried just about every drug I could get my hands on. I'll try just about anything. If you ask me that's the point if life. I also enjoy alcohol! Does this make me a loser? Well let's see. I have a great paying job, a beautiful and wonderful wife, a nice home, awesome toys, an excellent family and great friends. I would say I am not a loser and if you think that a pothead is always a loser I would suggest you stop listening to the propaganda and read a fucking book!
I was around 14 maybe when I smoked my first joint (it was hash) and I got fried out of my tree! Sat on the floor with my back to the wall and eyes closed I felt like I was floating. My friend said something (I have no idea what) and the giggles kicked in. I do remember another friend continuously complaining about not getting a buzz.

Edit..I read a little more and I must add that I'm pretty motivated. I mean I could probably buy your ass! And as for CEOs you are probably right. I know there are those who prefer coke! At any rate you don't seem to know what you are talking about! I function perfectly well while stoned.
I've always said smoking pot doesn't make one stupid. That pothead was very likely already stupid in the first place.
Anyway I can't help but wonder how much of a loser Sagan was. What he might have accomplished if only he wasn't so demotivated by pot.

Good for you. I personally don't agree with altering your brain chemistry as a way to "enjoy life"...nor do I think its a good idea to experiment this way. But its your life. Why are you getting defensive? I don't agree that people should own pit bulls unless you can establish dog training credentials because they are a difficult and unique breed but thats just my experience with them that forms my opinion.

Every pothead I've ever known has been an unmotivated mess. If my kid was ever smoking pot, I'd kick his ass up around his ears. Why? Not because there is anything wrong with pot, but body is still growing. He needs every damn brain cell he can get.

I of course do not condemn anyone using it for medical reasons. Getting high to escape the effects of chemo is perfectly acceptable.

24-02-2014, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 03:47 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
(24-02-2014 01:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 11:41 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I stopped at "he is 38 and needs his pot. Something about a loser.... Nobody actually needs pot aside from a psychological need. If a pothead quits the worst is a few sleepless nights. At least that's my experience. I'll be 40 in just a few days and I love my pot. I smoke it daily (unless I'm in a dry camp). One might say I need my pot. I've tried just about every drug I could get my hands on. I'll try just about anything. If you ask me that's the point if life. I also enjoy alcohol! Does this make me a loser? Well let's see. I have a great paying job, a beautiful and wonderful wife, a nice home, awesome toys, an excellent family and great friends. I would say I am not a loser and if you think that a pothead is always a loser I would suggest you stop listening to the propaganda and read a fucking book!

Good for you. I personally don't agree with altering your brain chemistry as a way to "enjoy life"...nor do I think its a good idea to experiment this way. But its your life. Why are you getting defensive? I don't agree that people should own pit bulls unless you can establish dog training credentials because they are a difficult and unique breed but thats just my experience with them that forms my opinion.

Every pothead I've ever known has been an unmotivated mess. If my kid was ever smoking pot, I'd kick his ass up around his ears. Why? Not because there is anything wrong with pot, but body is still growing. He needs every damn brain cell he can get.

I of course do not condemn anyone using it for medical reasons. Getting high to escape the effects of chemo is perfectly acceptable.
I have a problem with your assertion that potheads are losers. I assure you I'm no loser. I'm also not demotivated and I know many potheads that are very successful. There are also some famous people that are potheads such as Sagan as I stated before.You can look that up and see, using evidence that pot does not always demotivate. That said I agree that kids shouldn't do drugs. Not of any kind really.

I will say that I grew up in a house dominated by alcohol abuse but none of the grey haired,blue suit wearing, religion shouting morons will admit to the fact that alcohol is far more dangerous than pot.
Your kid shouldn't smoke pot but there is a lot worse s/he could do.
24-02-2014, 03:59 PM
(24-02-2014 03:39 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I have a problem with your assertion that potheads are losers. I assure you I'm no loser. I'm also not demotivated and I know many potheads that are very successful. There are also some famous people that are potheads such as Sagan as I stated before.You can look that up and see, using evidence that pot does not always demotivate. That said I agree that kids shouldn't do drugs. Not of any kind really.

I will say that I grew up in a house dominated by alcohol abuse but none of the grey haired,blue suit wearing, religion shouting morons will admit to the fact that alcohol is far more dangerous than pot.
Your kid shouldn't smoke pot but there is a lot worse s/he could do.

Ok. Well I didn't know Sagan personally, but I wonder what kind of potential he could have reached if he was not doped out of his mind. As a psychoactive drug, marijuana surely alters mental functioning.

Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane. Expectations and past experience with marijuana have often influenced results more than pharmacological aspects have. Marijuana has triggered psychotic episodes in those more vulnerable. Psychological and some instances of physiological dependence on marijuana have been demonstrated.

It should come to no surprise why I wouldn't be advocating anyone sign up for that.

If you are a self proclaimed "pothead" then yes, I think you have loserish behavioral tendencies. Surely you recognize the difference between a recreational user and habitual user. If you have to be stoned every day, there is something somewhat loserish about that.

And you mentioned 1 person (Sagan), who made something of himself while smoking pot habitually. However, as I said, I personally do not know a single person who smoked pot on a daily basis and actually did much of anything with their life.

Why do you give a crap what I - or anyone else - thinks of you? Do we know each other? I mean, seriously..why do you give a rat crap what someone on the internet thinks of - not necessarily of you - but of your cannabis smoking behavior.

pssstt...if you chased the bottom of a bottle every night, I'd tell you that was loserish too.

24-02-2014, 04:42 PM
(24-02-2014 03:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  As a psychoactive drug, marijuana surely alters mental functioning.

Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane. Expectations and past experience with marijuana have often influenced results more than pharmacological aspects have. Marijuana has triggered psychotic episodes in those more vulnerable. Psychological and some instances of physiological dependence on marijuana have been demonstrated.
pssst...
[Image: %22Citation_needed%22.jpg]

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-02-2014, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 05:01 PM by Cathym112.)
(24-02-2014 04:42 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 03:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  As a psychoactive drug, marijuana surely alters mental functioning.

pssst...
[Image: %22Citation_needed%22.jpg]

National Institute of Heath.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3009708

Or from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/766633_1

"Our results suggest that long-term cannabis use is hazardous to white matter in the developing brain. Given the association between cannabis-related harms and age of onset of regular use, delaying use may minimize such harmful effects. Disturbed brain connectivity in cannabis users may underlie cognitive impairment and vulnerability to psychosis, depression and anxiety disorders (Lim et al., 2002), all of which are significant public health concerns. White matter alterations have been associated with various functional and clinical outcomes in schizophrenia, including illness, symptomatic and cognitive measures (Walterfang et al., 2011), with white matter pathology underlying faulty integration of cortical–cerebellar–thalamic–cortical circuits thought to play a primary role in the observed cognitive deficits (Wexler et al., 2009). Similar connectivity disturbances, particularly in the fimbria of the hippocampus and commissural fibres extending to the precuneus reported in this study, may underlie the memory impairment and other cognitive deficits that are observed in long-term heavy cannabis users (Solowij et al., 2011 b; Solowij and Pesa, 2012). The effect of long-term cannabis use on functional brain connectivity (van den Heuvel and Hulshoff Pol, 2010) and network topology (He and Evans, 2010; Rubinov and Sporns, 2010) remains an important avenue to pursue."