[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 01:24 PM by Cathym112.)
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(25-02-2014 01:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:53 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  on the grounds that its my company, I made it policy and my employees signed those contracts.

So then yes, based on your limited personal experience.
Quote:My company deals in a lot of heavy machinery. Can you imagine the lawsuit I would face if I knew someone was a habitual user but did nothing to prevent an accident?! Good lord! I'd be out of business in a second.

Sorry - in today's lawsuit culture, I am responsible for everything that happens on company property. He was drunk? Oh well, you should have known he was an alcoholic and prevented him from driving the Rig. Tested positive to coke? Thats cool, just give him the keys to the loader and hope he doesn't kill anyone. Are you serious right now?

Come on. You are so full of shit your eyes are turning brown! You think that if a driver does coke then gets into an accident, you'll get the blame? Not true and you know it. Not to mention, the goalposts are over here....

No one is suggesting anyone be allowed to drive under the influence. But there's plenty of studies demonstrating that frequent pot smokers can have THC in their bloodstream and not be intoxicated. At all. As in, it's even legal for them to get behind the wheel and drive. So drug testing (coupled with termination) for someone like me would be completely unfair, since the test would show THC in my blood, even though am not impaired. If I can do my job properly and safely, well, to be blunt, mind your own fucking business.

Stark, sorry - now it is you who is uneducated in this manner. Employees who abuse drugs and alcohol can also make a workplace more volatile and more dangerous, and they can expose employers to legal liability. I'd have OSHA crawling up my ass in a second if I wasn't providing a safe working environment for my employees. Drug use does not belong in the workplace.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I trust my team of lawyers when they tell me that I can be sued, and pay, for any accident an employee causes on company premises while under the influence of drugs.

You wanna sit there and say, oh, poor guy that smokes a joint at home with his wife? What about the other 49 people who are now out of a job because I was put out of business? Sound like a fair trade? The risks far outweigh any rewards. Sorry.

BTW - I'm not an asshole. An employee was diagnosed with cancer and was using pot to counter the side effects of the chemo. I didn't fire her for having THC in her system. BUT, I gave her 6 months paid leave to 1) deal with her illness; and 2) not put my business at risk.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 01:21 PM
(25-02-2014 01:09 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Let me be clear. Habitual use of any drug, which includes, but is not limited to, Alcohol, coke, crack, shrooms, pot, heroin, bathsalts, hydrocodone, morphine, meth, and every other reality escaping drug is bad for you and bad for those around you.

Alcohol is fun. I enjoy wine every so often. But as a drug to habitually use, its bad. You are deluding yourself if you think that a person's drug use only affects them...not true. It affects everyone around them.

If you lost a family member to meth, Stark, Im really sorry to hear that. Thats fine if you don't want to view habitual drug use as a problem due to your circumstance. Thats not going to make me think habitual drug use is ok.

Ps, I voted for the legalization of pot in New York. Why? Because its not a narcotic and I think it should be legal. Much like alcohol, it is up to the person if they want to use it, but don't tell me it doesn't have *any* potential for fucking up a life? Even if someone wants to do it, I still don't have to employ a pothead. Thats my right as an employer.

Don't you see the circle you're running in?

I think it's ok to drink as long as it's not habitual.

I think, and even voted for, pot to be legal.

I test and fire any employees who smoke pot because it's my right as an employer. So I refuse to employ potheads, but alcoholics are fine, so long as they don't drink on the job. (Yup, that's right, you CANNOT fire someone because they are an alcoholic. That would be against the law, both in the sates, and here in Canada)

As for pot being "somewhere between alcohol and the hard stuff".... Well, it's more like pot sits somewhere between caffeine and chewing gum, at least with regard to addiction! Lol comparing the negative effects of booze to pot is certainly not going to help you make a case for pot being bad.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
25-02-2014, 01:30 PM
(25-02-2014 01:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:09 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Let me be clear. Habitual use of any drug, which includes, but is not limited to, Alcohol, coke, crack, shrooms, pot, heroin, bathsalts, hydrocodone, morphine, meth, and every other reality escaping drug is bad for you and bad for those around you.

Alcohol is fun. I enjoy wine every so often. But as a drug to habitually use, its bad. You are deluding yourself if you think that a person's drug use only affects them...not true. It affects everyone around them.

If you lost a family member to meth, Stark, Im really sorry to hear that. Thats fine if you don't want to view habitual drug use as a problem due to your circumstance. Thats not going to make me think habitual drug use is ok.

Ps, I voted for the legalization of pot in New York. Why? Because its not a narcotic and I think it should be legal. Much like alcohol, it is up to the person if they want to use it, but don't tell me it doesn't have *any* potential for fucking up a life? Even if someone wants to do it, I still don't have to employ a pothead. Thats my right as an employer.

Don't you see the circle you're running in?

I think it's ok to drink as long as it's not habitual.

I think, and even voted for, pot to be legal.

I test and fire any employees who smoke pot because it's my right as an employer. So I refuse to employ potheads, but alcoholics are fine, so long as they don't drink on the job. (Yup, that's right, you CANNOT fire someone because they are an alcoholic. That would be against the law, both in the sates, and here in Canada)

As for pot being "somewhere between alcohol and the hard stuff".... Well, it's more like pot sits somewhere between caffeine and chewing gum, at least with regard to addiction! Lol comparing the negative effects of booze to pot is certainly not going to help you make a case for pot being bad.

I'm not running in any circles, Stark. How is my differing opinion bothering you so damn much? Are you my employee? Did I infringe on your right to grow, R&D, or otherwise supply the reefer? I don't like habitual drug use. I think its stupid.

what part of drug use puts my business at risk don't you understand? Sorry, but I've built my business from nothing. And I'm not going to let anyone take it down just because they wanna smoke a joint? No

You can be fired, not for being an alcoholic, but for violating company policy, which is not to use any drugs while on the job. Particularly while operating heavy machinery.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 01:31 PM
(24-02-2014 06:10 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  And I'm aware of how a conversation works. I heard your response to the pot being different and I don't know what to say to that. I guess I need a citation that pot grown in the US is chemically different than grown anywhere else.

How could I possibly find scientific evidence for that? Cannabis is illegal here and any studies would be insufficient, not to mention probably nonexistent.

Most people I know who have been in coffee shops in Netherlands say that they can't handle the pot there because it's too strong.

There are different strains and varieties with different amounts of THC. It's quite possible that most of what gets here (which is mostly grown in homes) is not that strong. I've honestly never seen any person here smoking pot and acting like you did when you smoked it.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  One minute you say he is a stoner, the next you say he doesn't get "high". Make up your mind.

Yes, because a "stoner" is someone who smokes pot a lot. He doesn't get the high that you describe, but that doesn't mean he's not a stoner. Unless my English is failing here.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sorry if I offended you. I don't recall saying that everyone else's experiences represent my experiences. I would like a citation for that allegation too, if it pleases the court.

You are just talking about your experiences and I'm simply telling you that your experiences do not apply to everyone. Duh. I never said that you claimed that your experiences apply to everyone. Seriously, it's rather simple.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm not really sure which "commercials" you are referring to. They don't advertise pot use in the US since recreational use is illegal in 40 states.

I'm talking about this:

(23-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I've had my fair share of pot - I couldn't watch tv because the commercials would confuse me and make me forget what I was watching. I just wasn't there.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Look - I don't really care why your boyfriend smokes pot, if he is stoned or not stoned, mentally present or not. It is your life. Your romance. Your choices.

Yeah, as I said, we're having a conversation. I'm not trying to justify myself.

It's fine if you don't care. But you say you've never met any potheads who were motivated, ambitious, whatever. You might as well benefit by other peoples' experiences. I'm just offering another perspective. "I don't care" doesn't really promote conversation.

There are strains of cannabis that have 25+% THC (the psychoactive compound) by weight and some that have almost none. Currently the most interesting compound medically appears to be CBD, which is not psychoactive but appears to be the one which relieves pain and also stills/prevents seizures in certain diseases.

There are several strains which have been developed (R4 is one example) which are high CBD, low-to-negligible THC.

ALSO, how it is grown affects such things as THC content. If you have heard of "Sinsemilla" but never seen it defined, it is not a strain but the product of a method of growing which prevents female flowers/plants (yes, the plants are male and female) from being pollinated, causing them to produce more resin in their flowers -- which resin happens to be where the THC is located: more resin, more THC, more potency.

The stuff you are getting is likely what folks around here would call "ditchweed". An example would be a low-THC/CBD strain that has been grown in far less than ideal conditions (likely a "guerilla grow), allowed to pollinate, and which product is composed of stems, leaves, seeds, and maybe if you are lucky, a very little bit of the flower as well. In contrast, medical cannabis tends to be all flower ("buds") (where the vast majority of the THC is) that have been grown without pollination and using growing techniques that produce large, resinous flowers and thus high potency. Not to mention advanced growing techniques like hydroponics adn special lights, and/or organic fertilizers, care to prevent pests and diseases/molds/etc.

Cathy is really just showing a hell of a lot of brainwashed ignorance, prejudice, and misplaced hatred when it comes to cannabis.

BTW I use cannabis for pain and do enjoy the incidental effects. Some strains (usually sativas) have more mental effects than others, and some (indicas/kushes) have more body effects (Mason's "floating", for example), and I select toward the body effects. That being said, I don't use much at all when I use it. There is this thing Cathy seems to be completely unaware of called "titration", which means working out a dosage that is suitable to your physiology and situation, which also translates to this thing called "moderation", which Cathy seems to be completely ignorant of as well. She seems to think that "Reefer Madness" and "Cheech and Chong" movies are documentaries.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 01:34 PM
(25-02-2014 01:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:10 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  How could I possibly find scientific evidence for that? Cannabis is illegal here and any studies would be insufficient, not to mention probably nonexistent.

Most people I know who have been in coffee shops in Netherlands say that they can't handle the pot there because it's too strong.

There are different strains and varieties with different amounts of THC. It's quite possible that most of what gets here (which is mostly grown in homes) is not that strong. I've honestly never seen any person here smoking pot and acting like you did when you smoked it.

Yes, because a "stoner" is someone who smokes pot a lot. He doesn't get the high that you describe, but that doesn't mean he's not a stoner. Unless my English is failing here.

You are just talking about your experiences and I'm simply telling you that your experiences do not apply to everyone. Duh. I never said that you claimed that your experiences apply to everyone. Seriously, it's rather simple.

I'm talking about this:

Yeah, as I said, we're having a conversation. I'm not trying to justify myself.

It's fine if you don't care. But you say you've never met any potheads who were motivated, ambitious, whatever. You might as well benefit by other peoples' experiences. I'm just offering another perspective. "I don't care" doesn't really promote conversation.

There are strains of cannabis that have 25+% THC (the psychoactive compound) by weight and some that have almost none. Currently the most interesting compound medically appears to be CBD, which is not psychoactive but appears to be the one which relieves pain and also stills/prevents seizures in certain diseases.

There are several strains which have been developed (R4 is one example) which are high CBD, low-to-negligible THC.

ALSO, how it is grown affects such things as THC content. If you have heard of "Sinsemilla" but never seen it defined, it is not a strain but the product of a method of growing which prevents female flowers/plants (yes, the plants are male and female) from being pollinated, causing them to produce more resin in their flowers -- which resin happens to be where the THC is located: more resin, more THC, more potency.

The stuff you are getting is likely what folks around here would call "ditchweed". An example would be a low-THC/CBD strain that has been grown in far less than ideal conditions (likely a "guerilla grow), allowed to pollinate, and which product is composed of stems, leaves, seeds, and maybe if you are lucky, a very little bit of the flower as well. In contrast, medical cannabis tends to be all flower ("buds") (where the vast majority of the THC is) that have been grown without pollination and using growing techniques that produce large, resinous flowers and thus high potency. Not to mention advanced growing techniques like hydroponics adn special lights, and/or organic fertilizers, care to prevent pests and diseases/molds/etc.

Cathy is really just showing a hell of a lot of brainwashed ignorance, prejudice, and misplaced hatred when it comes to cannabis.

BTW I use cannabis for pain and do enjoy the incidental effects. Some strains (usually sativas) have more mental effects than others, and some (indicas/kushes) have more body effects (Mason's "floating", for example), and I select toward the body effects. That being said, I don't use much at all when I use it. There is this thing Cathy seems to be completely unaware of called "titration", which means working out a dosage that is suitable to your physiology and situation, which also translates to this thing called "moderation", which Cathy seems to be completely ignorant of as well. She seems to think that "Reefer Madness" and "Cheech and Chong" movies are documentaries.

I find it interesting that your fevered (and much too passionate) defense of pot is directly linked to your habitual use of it. If you really liked your booze, I'm sure you'd defend the habitual use for alcoholics too.

25-02-2014, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 01:41 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(25-02-2014 12:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:25 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  OH, look, she's a fucking poster child for Project ScAM! What, are you actually Christine TURDstone in drag?

i have no idea what that Project Sam is, or who that person is. I have seen what drug use does to people. There is no defense of that.

My childhood friend's brother growing up was a huge pothead. Pretty soon pot stopped doing it for him, and he switched to crack. I'm not sure the circumstances surrounding his death, but he destroyed his life completely.

Excuse me if I don't advocate for people escaping reality on a habitual basis. Not sure why you got your panties in a twist over my personal opinion on drugs. Maybe you need a joint to chill out?Laugh out load

SO you base your hatred for all things cannabis and all people who use it on a single data point. Got it.

It's YOUR panties in a twist, and you are pushing your personal opinion on everyone else here, calling people potheads and making ignorant generalizations about them. And again, you fall back on your ignorant stereotypes. Are you even aware that cannabis can be used without "smoking a joint"? And I don't use cannabis to "chill out", but thank you very much for showing even more of your ignorance.

(25-02-2014 12:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  10 most successful potheads on the planet

I'm sure there are more.

I'm sure there are some people whose lives didn't turn out so great. What is your point?

The world doesn't fit your "reefer madness" stereotypes. More of your ignorance showing.

(25-02-2014 12:46 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  just that not all habitual users are losers.

I still think anyone who uses habitual drugs might be a good person, but its a loser behavior to be stoned all the time.

And you are strawmanning everyone who uses at all with your ignorant stereotypes of "habitual" users.

(25-02-2014 12:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What, did you just fall off the D.A.R.E turnip truck?

you are getting awfully defensive regarding drug use....you paranoid or something, TM?

Oh, look, Cathy is spouting more ignorant reefer madness stereotypical bullshit. Whodathunkit?

25-02-2014, 01:39 PM
(25-02-2014 01:36 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  i have no idea what that Project Sam is, or who that person is. I have seen what drug use does to people. There is no defense of that.

My childhood friend's brother growing up was a huge pothead. Pretty soon pot stopped doing it for him, and he switched to crack. I'm not sure the circumstances surrounding his death, but he destroyed his life completely.

Excuse me if I don't advocate for people escaping reality on a habitual basis. Not sure why you got your panties in a twist over my personal opinion on drugs. Maybe you need a joint to chill out?Laugh out load

SO you base your hatred for all things cannabis and all people who use it on a single data point. Got it.

It's YOUR panties in a twist, and you are pushing your personal opinion on everyone else here, calling people potheads and making ignorant generalizations about them. And again, you fall back on your ignorant stereotypes. Are you even aware that cannabis can be used without "smoking a joint"? And I don't use cannabis to "chill out", but thank you very much for showing even more of your ignorance.

Nope. Not at all. I guess bothering to look through the other pages of this thread was too much trouble, eh?

(25-02-2014 12:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm sure there are some people whose lives didn't turn out so great. What is your point?

The world doesn't fit your "reefer madness" stereotypes. More of your ignorance showing.
[/quote]

I don't hang out with drug users. I don't employ drug users. And I don't understand why you are getting all bent outta shape out a differing opinion on the matter.

25-02-2014, 01:42 PM
TM - I really don't care that you smoke pot. Knock yourself out. But thats not really the issue is it? Some people like it, some people don't. You like it, I don't. Why can't I hold this differing opinion on how I choose to live my life. How is it even remotely bothering you?

25-02-2014, 01:43 PM
(25-02-2014 12:53 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 11:46 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I love this cop out. "I've lost family members to drugs" like it's some sort of nail in the generalization coffin.

My little brother is dead. He was killed by meth. So don't bother with the I've-lost-family-members-to-drugs line.

And yet, I still have the ability to see that "drugs" is nowhere close to a black and white issue. If we really want to get into an indefensible point of view, let's address drug testing. Cathy, you have said you would drug test and terminate employes who test positive. But on what grounds? Your personal experience? What about the stellar employee, who tests positive for THC. The guy who, without your drug test, would never have shown any indication of what you call being a "druggie"? That same employee, who works hard, never shows up late, and makes your business successful also happens to go home and have a joint every night with his wife. He's the one who you just fired. Bravo.

You can deny it all you like. It doesn't change the fact that you are biased, and lack adequate information. You call it "bowing out" I call it "running away".

Timber, calling it propaganda is accurate. I have people tell me I am "defending my addiction" all the time. It's an old tactic that most people these days see through. What it does is it tries to discredit me because of the very thing we are discussing. It's like referring to me as a druggie, to make it look like all I wanna do is "keep on tripping" without knowing all the consequences. I know more about marijuana than 99% of North Americans. I am licenced by Health Canada, a branch of the federal government, to grow cannabis. I am also tasked with research and development (in fact, without contributing to r&d, I would lose my licence). So if you want to discredit me, you'll have to do better than "he is defending his addiction with the faith of a theist."

on the grounds that its my company, I made it policy and my employees signed those contracts.

My company deals in a lot of heavy machinery. Can you imagine the lawsuit I would face if I knew someone was a habitual user but did nothing to prevent an accident?! Good lord! I'd be out of business in a second.

Sorry - in today's lawsuit culture, I am responsible for everything that happens on company property. He was drunk? Oh well, you should have known he was an alcoholic and prevented him from driving the Rig. Tested positive to coke? Thats cool, just give him the keys to the loader and hope he doesn't kill anyone. Are you serious right now?

I cannot take the liability risk of knowing an individual engages in an activity that alters his cognitive abilities and just have trust in him that he doesn't smoke up before work.

I am happy for you. Too bad so much of your ignorance and fear factors in so heavily on what would otherwise be a reasonable company policy.

(25-02-2014 12:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:02 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  You know, you remind me of someone who thought he wasn't a racist when he said he "couldn't stand people from Albania". I asked him why and he answered that every Albanian he had met was an awful person. I then reminded him that Albanians have been here for years and sometimes you can't tell they're not Greek. He probably had met many decent Albanians, he just thought they were Greek.

I believe it's the same here. You have probably met many potheads, you just couldn't tell they were.

I don't think anyone of us in here "romanticizes" drug use or encourages anyone to do it.
"Trip on druggies"? How mature.

It was meant as a fucking joke. Holy shit.

Oh, look -- let's add GASLIGHTING to the list of bullshit tactics you are using in your hysterical FUD campaign.

Quote: I meant that if you wanna do drugs, that your business. i don't care! I'm just not gonna sit here and cheer you on!

But you'll sure jump up and down taking pot shots at everyone who doesn't see the world through your hysterical reefer-madness lenses.

25-02-2014, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 02:06 PM by kingschosen.)
*swoops in having only read about 1/500th of the conversation*

Alcohol is far worse than weed.

I've used both. Weed alters my motor skills and judgment by 0% while alcohol alters it by no less than 80%.

That being said, I get no gratification from either. If I had a choice for a drug, it would be narcotics.

*flies away*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post