[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 01:59 PM by Cathym112.)
RE: [split] First time drug experience
What the fuck is wrong with you TM?

Why are you getting your nose bent out of joint because I don't like drug users?

To me, the only people that defend or justify drug use as being beneficial or not having negative effects to those around them, are the ones that are doing the drugs.

Seems like I'm not the one with confirmation bias. You defend the drug because you use the drug. Big surprise there. I don't understand why you don't see that accusing me of my own biases means that you are immune to them as well. Facepalm

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 01:53 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(25-02-2014 01:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:36 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  SO you base your hatred for all things cannabis and all people who use it on a single data point. Got it.

It's YOUR panties in a twist, and you are pushing your personal opinion on everyone else here, calling people potheads and making ignorant generalizations about them. And again, you fall back on your ignorant stereotypes. Are you even aware that cannabis can be used without "smoking a joint"? And I don't use cannabis to "chill out", but thank you very much for showing even more of your ignorance.

Nope. Not at all. I guess bothering to look through the other pages of this thread was too much trouble, eh?

(25-02-2014 12:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm sure there are some people whose lives didn't turn out so great. What is your point?

The world doesn't fit your "reefer madness" stereotypes. More of your ignorance showing.

I don't hang out with drug users. I don't employ drug users. And I don't understand why you are getting all bent outta shape out a differing opinion on the matter.
[/quote]

You don't employ anyone who drinks alcohol, EVER? Or who uses aspirin or prescribed medicines AT ALL? You aren't even making any SENSE.

It's YOU who are getting all bent out of shape here.

(25-02-2014 01:30 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Don't you see the circle you're running in?

I think it's ok to drink as long as it's not habitual.

I think, and even voted for, pot to be legal.

I test and fire any employees who smoke pot because it's my right as an employer. So I refuse to employ potheads, but alcoholics are fine, so long as they don't drink on the job. (Yup, that's right, you CANNOT fire someone because they are an alcoholic. That would be against the law, both in the sates, and here in Canada)

As for pot being "somewhere between alcohol and the hard stuff".... Well, it's more like pot sits somewhere between caffeine and chewing gum, at least with regard to addiction! Lol comparing the negative effects of booze to pot is certainly not going to help you make a case for pot being bad.

I'm not running in any circles, Stark. How is my differing opinion bothering you so damn much? Are you my employee? Did I infringe on your right to grow, R&D, or otherwise supply the reefer? I don't like habitual drug use. I think its stupid.

what part of drug use puts my business at risk don't you understand? Sorry, but I've built my business from nothing. And I'm not going to let anyone take it down just because they wanna smoke a joint? No

You can be fired, not for being an alcoholic, but for violating company policy, which is not to use any drugs while on the job. Particularly while operating heavy machinery.

It's none of your fucking business if a person smokes a joint off the job and is not affected while ON THE CLOCK. JUST as it's none of your fucking business if someone drinks off the job and is not affected while ON THE CLOCK.

(25-02-2014 01:02 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Please tell me this is an attempt at humour? You aren't really claiming pot is a gateway drug are you? Just a heads up, that argument was destroyed in the eighties. Facepalm

And if you keep calling me a loser, I may start to take it personally. Weeping

No Not at all. Pot is not a gateway drug. My friend's brother would have used any drug. That was just his personality. Its not pot that lead him down the path. His alcohol use wasn't cool either.

Look - I have anything against pot use specifically. I have the same objection to those who chase the bottom of a bottle every night. I think ALL drugs are bad.

OH, look -- more of the same stereotypical bullshit -- equating everyone who uses ANY amount of ANY substance to people who use it copiously 24/7. Strawman much?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 01:52 PM
(25-02-2014 01:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote:I don't hang out with drug users. I don't employ drug users. And I don't understand why you are getting all bent outta shape out a differing opinion on the matter.

You don't employ anyone who drinks alcohol, EVER? Or who uses aspirin or prescribed medicines AT ALL? You aren't even making any SENSE.

yes. Because aspirin is a psychoactive drug and exactly the same thing as a narcotic. What were you saying about strawmen? Drinking Beverage

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 01:55 PM
(25-02-2014 01:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's none of your fucking business if a person smokes a joint off the job and is not affected while ON THE CLOCK. JUST as it's none of your fucking business if someone drinks off the job and is not affected while ON THE CLOCK.

It is my business. Because I am in no position to judge that person's mental state. I can only go off evidence. That evidence is in the drug test. It poses to great of a risk to the REST of my employees to allow for drug use while employed at my company....an AT WILL employment. You don't like it? You don't have to work for me.

You are not "entitled" to work for me.

25-02-2014, 01:58 PM
(25-02-2014 01:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You don't employ anyone who drinks alcohol, EVER? Or who uses aspirin or prescribed medicines AT ALL? You aren't even making any SENSE.

Your shouty capitals indicate otherwise.

25-02-2014, 01:59 PM
(25-02-2014 01:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I find it interesting that your fevered (and much too passionate) defense of pot is directly linked to your habitual use of it. If you really liked your booze, I'm sure you'd defend the habitual use for alcoholics too.

Oh, look at Cathy, showing your ignorance again. You don't know anything AT ALL about my use Would you classify my nightly dose of Naproxen as "habitual use", too? You are talking out your ass again.

25-02-2014, 02:02 PM
(25-02-2014 01:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I find it interesting that your fevered (and much too passionate) defense of pot is directly linked to your habitual use of it. If you really liked your booze, I'm sure you'd defend the habitual use for alcoholics too.

Oh, look at Cathy, showing your ignorance again. You don't know anything AT ALL about my use Would you classify my nightly dose of Naproxen as "habitual use", too? You are talking out your ass again.

I still don't understand why you are so mad right now. I have a different opinion about the benefits and negative effects of drug use (Not prescribed drug use.) Why does this mean you must keep insulting me with Ad Hominem attacks? Hobo

25-02-2014, 02:03 PM
(25-02-2014 01:55 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's none of your fucking business if a person smokes a joint off the job and is not affected while ON THE CLOCK. JUST as it's none of your fucking business if someone drinks off the job and is not affected while ON THE CLOCK.

It is my business. Because I am in no position to judge that person's mental state.

And yet you do so anyway, based on your abject ignorance.

Quote: I can only go off evidence. That evidence is in the drug test.

And you perform alcohol tests as well, right? Rolleyes

And again you are showing your ignorance. The only relevant test would be that which measures CURRENT levels of THC in one's system, which is NOT what you test for.

Use outside of work while avoiding any impairment on the job doesn't post the SLIGHTEST risk to your workplace.

Quote: It poses to great of a risk to the REST of my employees to allow for drug use while employed at my company.

Not in the LEAST. You are talking out your ass again.

Quote:...an AT WILL employment. You don't like it? You don't have to work for me.

You are not entitled to have me work for you, either, and I wouldn't work for you.

25-02-2014, 02:05 PM
(25-02-2014 02:03 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:55 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  It is my business. Because I am in no position to judge that person's mental state.

And yet you do so anyway, based on your abject ignorance.

Quote: I can only go off evidence. That evidence is in the drug test.

And again you are showing your ignorance. The only relevant test would be that which measures CURRENT levels of THC in one's system, which is NOT what you test for.

Use outside of work while avoiding any impairment on the job doesn't post the SLIGHTEST risk to your workplace.

Quote: It poses to great of a risk to the REST of my employees to allow for drug use while employed at my company.

Quote:...an AT WILL employment. You don't like it? You don't have to work for me.

You are not entitled to have me work for you, either, and I wouldn't work for you.

sorry, TM. You are right. All my lawyers must be wrong that if I have evidence of drug use and I do nothing about it, and something happens, I would be held responsible.

My bad...when did you get your law degree?Consider

25-02-2014, 02:05 PM
(25-02-2014 02:02 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Oh, look at Cathy, showing your ignorance again. You don't know anything AT ALL about my use Would you classify my nightly dose of Naproxen as "habitual use", too? You are talking out your ass again.

I still don't understand why you are so mad right now.

OH, look -- more projection. YOU are the one making a big stink in a thread that didn't have anything to do with you.

Quote: I have a different opinion about the benefits and negative effects of drug use (Not prescribed drug use.) Why does this mean you must keep insulting me with Ad Hominem attacks? Hobo

Ad Hominem attacks like "potheads", you mean.

(25-02-2014 02:05 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:03 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And yet you do so anyway, based on your abject ignorance.

sorry, TM. You are right. All my lawyers must be wrong that if I have evidence of drug use and I do nothing about it, and something happens, I would be held responsible.

My bad...when did you get your law degree?Consider

Your lawyers are interpreting the law, just like anyone else. They are hired guns, and other lawyers will tell you otherwise. They are telling you what you want to hear.