[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(25-02-2014 02:05 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Your lawyers are interpreting the law, just like anyone else. They are hired guns, and other lawyers will tell you otherwise. They are telling you what you want to hear.

I think... what you need to understand is that you can be sued for anything. If there's *any* way to cut down liability, even if it's stupid, you do it. 'Cos if you *don't*, and something goes wrong, it's *your* hard work going up in smoke. Lots of people take out insurance against this kind of thing, but you have to still prove to the insurance people that you followed best practice or they're not gonna pay you out and you're still up shit creek...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 02:26 PM
(25-02-2014 02:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote:Seems like I'm not the one with confirmation bias. You defend the drug because you use the drug. Big surprise there. I don't understand why you don't see that accusing me of my own biases means that you are immune to them as well. Facepalm

I defended it and people's right to use it before I used it. But you just hang on to your reefer-madness-induced ignorant assumptions.

Must be total coincidence then that you started using the same drug you defended, eh?

(25-02-2014 02:15 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Drug use is banned at my company. If you are found with alcohol in your system while on the clock, damn right you are getting fired. Why does this seem unfair to you?Consider
Quote:I didn't say that it would be unfair if you fired someone for having alcohol actively in their system on the job, now did I? I was clear about NOT being impaired on the job, wasn't I? Nice fucking straw man.

Then why are you using a straw man to say it would be unfair of me not to fire anyone that drinks alcohol while off the clock?? You are using the straw man, then coming back at me saying I'm using it.

I have random drug tests at my company. Why is this such a problem for you? My employees drive heavy machinery around, drive rigs to deliver product, etc. Its not just me, either. NYS will yank your commercial license if you are found to have pot in your system.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 02:39 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(25-02-2014 01:14 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You don't understand that finding THC in your system makes you a risk to that business. I know the discussion has some points on both sides, bit that is just a bit ignorant to say. The employer cannot judge your mental state, they can only rely on facts and data which support certain substance usage..

THC in your BLOODSTREAM is what might make you a risk. There ARE tests for that. Employers use tests that are irrelevant to that.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 02:28 PM
(25-02-2014 02:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:05 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Your lawyers are interpreting the law, just like anyone else. They are hired guns, and other lawyers will tell you otherwise. They are telling you what you want to hear.

I think... what you need to understand is that you can be sued for anything. If there's *any* way to cut down liability, even if it's stupid, you do it. 'Cos if you *don't*, and something goes wrong, it's *your* hard work going up in smoke. Lots of people take out insurance against this kind of thing, but you have to still prove to the insurance people that you followed best practice or they're not gonna pay you out and you're still up shit creek...

What I don't understand is why he is getting so damn upset about the fact that drug use is a condition of employment (as it is for 90% of all corporations), and that it is my right to protect *my* business?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 02:33 PM
(25-02-2014 02:22 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:19 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Yes. Aspirin is a psychoactive drug and even remotely the same thing as a narcotic. Didn't I already say this? Consider

What part of ASPIRIN IS A DRUG and ALCOHOL IS A DRUG do you fail to understand?

What part of aspirin is not a psychoactive drug don't you understand?

lets try it this way. Alcohol is psychoactive. It affects your mind, cognitive abilities, etc. Aspirin is not psychoactive and does not affect your ability to drive a car, make decisions, or impair motor functions or cognitive abilities.

Are you trying to even remotely make the argument that oh, aspirin is a drug and therefore its the same as alcohol. Get real. Facepalm

25-02-2014, 02:34 PM
(25-02-2014 02:26 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I defended it and people's right to use it before I used it. But you just hang on to your reefer-madness-induced ignorant assumptions.

Must be total coincidence then that you started using the same drug you defended, eh?

Oh, look -- more ad hominem bullshit. I defended it because I knew people who used it medicinally and why. Quite the opposite of your hysterical ravings here, I made an INFORMED choice.

Quote:
(25-02-2014 02:15 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Drug use is banned at my company. If you are found with alcohol in your system while on the clock, damn right you are getting fired. Why does this seem unfair to you?Consider
Quote:I didn't say that it would be unfair if you fired someone for having alcohol actively in their system on the job, now did I? I was clear about NOT being impaired on the job, wasn't I? Nice fucking straw man.

Then why are you using a straw man to say it would be unfair of me not to fire anyone that drinks alcohol while off the clock??

When did I say that? Strawman much?

Quote: You are using the straw man, then coming back at me saying I'm using it.

Project your insane bullshit on others much?

Quote:I have random drug tests at my company. Why is this such a problem for you? My employees drive heavy machinery around, drive rigs to deliver product, etc. Its not just me, either. NYS will yank your commercial license if you are found to have pot in your system.

This has NOTHING to do with your company and everything to do with you spouting your insane and ignorant reefer madness stereotypical bullshit here in this forum. YOU are the one who brought up your company as a red herring. No one gives a shit about your company here. You are the one running around whining about "potheads" and spouting all sorts of reefer-madness propaganda at people who clearly understand how full of shit you are.

25-02-2014, 02:34 PM
(25-02-2014 01:30 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You can be fired, not for being an alcoholic, but for violating company policy, which is not to use any drugs while on the job. Particularly while operating heavy machinery.

Exactly what I've been saying all along, if only you'd listen instead of assuming I'm somehow upset.

Drug testing checks for drugs in the system, not for drugs done on the job. The EFFECTS of the drugs are what should not be allowed. Being impaired should not be allowed. But that guy who smoked a joint last night IS NOT impaired today.

Like I said, mind your fucking business. Plus, just because it's "your right" doesn't make it right. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-02-2014, 02:38 PM
(25-02-2014 02:33 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:22 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What part of ASPIRIN IS A DRUG and ALCOHOL IS A DRUG do you fail to understand?

What part of aspirin is not a psychoactive drug don't you understand?

lets try it this way. Alcohol is psychoactive. It affects your mind, cognitive abilities, etc. Aspirin is not psychoactive and does not affect your ability to drive a car, make decisions, or impair motor functions or cognitive abilities.

Are you trying to even remotely make the argument that oh, aspirin is a drug and therefore its the same as alcohol. Get real. Facepalm

You are using blanket statements about "drugs" -- which both alcohol and aspirin are. And you ADMIT that you use alcohol as well. And yet you were the one spouting all kinds of bullshit about "I personally don't agree with altering your brain chemistry as a way to "enjoy life"". Hypocrite much? Bullshit artist much?

25-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Then why are you using a straw man to say it would be unfair of me not to fire anyone that drinks alcohol while off the clock??
Quote:When did I say that? Strawman much?

(25-02-2014 01:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You don't employ anyone who drinks alcohol, EVER?

25-02-2014, 02:39 PM
(25-02-2014 02:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  This has NOTHING to do with your company and everything to do with you spouting your insane and ignorant reefer madness stereotypical bullshit here in this forum. YOU are the one who brought up your company as a red herring. No one gives a shit about your company here. You are the one running around whining about "potheads" and spouting all sorts of reefer-madness propaganda at people who clearly understand how full of shit you are.

then smoke a fucking doobie and calm the fuck dooowwwwnnnn, man.