[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(25-02-2014 02:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:30 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You can be fired, not for being an alcoholic, but for violating company policy, which is not to use any drugs while on the job. Particularly while operating heavy machinery.

Exactly what I've been saying all along, if only you'd listen instead of assuming I'm somehow upset.

Drug testing checks for drugs in the system, not for drugs done on the job. The EFFECTS of the drugs are what should not be allowed. Being impaired should not be allowed. But that guy who smoked a joint last night IS NOT impaired today.

Like I said, mind your fucking business. Plus, just because it's "your right" doesn't make it right. Dodgy

Exactly. But Cathy is too busy pumping out her smoke screen of claims of our supposed anger and defensiveness to pay any attention whatsoever.

(25-02-2014 02:38 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
Quote:
Then why are you using a straw man to say it would be unfair of me not to fire anyone that drinks alcohol while off the clock??
Quote:When did I say that? Strawman much?

(25-02-2014 01:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You don't employ anyone who drinks alcohol, EVER?

That's FAR different from me claiming that it's "unfair not to fire them". Strawman much?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 02:41 PM
(25-02-2014 02:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:30 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You can be fired, not for being an alcoholic, but for violating company policy, which is not to use any drugs while on the job. Particularly while operating heavy machinery.

Exactly what I've been saying all along, if only you'd listen instead of assuming I'm somehow upset.

Drug testing checks for drugs in the system, not for drugs done on the job. The EFFECTS of the drugs are what should not be allowed. Being impaired should not be allowed. But that guy who smoked a joint last night IS NOT impaired today.

Like I said, mind your fucking business. Plus, just because it's "your right" doesn't make it right. Dodgy

Stark - if you can develop a strain of pot that leaves no trace in the system, I would be very happy. However, I cannot sit there with a piece of paper in my hand that says you have the drug in your system and do nothing. My ass would be nailed to the wall by anyone hurt on the job involving that employee. Do you not see that?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 02:44 PM
(25-02-2014 02:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Exactly what I've been saying all along, if only you'd listen instead of assuming I'm somehow upset.

Stark - if you can develop a strain of pot that leaves no trace in the system, I would be very happy. However, I cannot sit there with a piece of paper in my hand that says you have the drug in your system and do nothing. My ass would be nailed to the wall by anyone hurt on the job involving that employee. Do you not see that?

You are talking apples and oranges here. Your obligations to OSHA, etc., have nothing at all to do with your own personal reefer-madness crusade and the bullshit you are spouting here in this thread. Your company bullshit is just a red herring.

25-02-2014, 02:46 PM
(25-02-2014 02:33 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What part of aspirin is not a psychoactive drug don't you understand?

lets try it this way. Alcohol is psychoactive. It affects your mind, cognitive abilities, etc. Aspirin is not psychoactive and does not affect your ability to drive a car, make decisions, or impair motor functions or cognitive abilities.

Are you trying to even remotely make the argument that oh, aspirin is a drug and therefore its the same as alcohol. Get real. Facepalm

(25-02-2014 02:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You are using blanket statements about "drugs" -- which both alcohol and aspirin are. And you ADMIT that you use alcohol as well. And yet you were the one spouting all kinds of bullshit about "I personally don't agree with altering your brain chemistry as a way to "enjoy life"". Hypocrite much? Bullshit artist much?

Out of context much? reading comprehension problems much? I specifically said habitual users. I specifically said recreational users too.

I limit the amount of alcoholics I surround myself with. I limit the amount of recreational drug users I surround myself with too. What I don't get is why this bothers you?Huh

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 02:49 PM
(25-02-2014 02:44 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Stark - if you can develop a strain of pot that leaves no trace in the system, I would be very happy. However, I cannot sit there with a piece of paper in my hand that says you have the drug in your system and do nothing. My ass would be nailed to the wall by anyone hurt on the job involving that employee. Do you not see that?

You are talking apples and oranges here. Your obligations to OSHA, etc., have nothing at all to do with your own personal reefer-madness crusade and the bullshit you are spouting here in this thread. Your company bullshit is just a red herring.

Why do you keep calling it a reefer crusade? Did I try to pass legislature limiting your personal use of it? Did i fire you because you failed a drug test? Did I do anything even remotely stopping you for exercising your right to use recreational drugs? No? Then take the hysterical dramatization down a notch please.

(25-02-2014 02:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  This has NOTHING to do with your company and everything to do with you spouting your insane and ignorant reefer madness stereotypical bullshit here in this forum. YOU are the one who brought up your company as a red herring. No one gives a shit about your company here. You are the one running around whining about "potheads" and spouting all sorts of reefer-madness propaganda at people who clearly understand how full of shit you are.

then smoke a fucking doobie and calm the fuck dooowwwwnnnn, man.

Why don't you go drink a couple of bottles of your wino wine and calm down, bitch?

Companies operate differently to people. And top priority is safety, in heavy industry stuff. If standard industry practise is fire employee who fails drug test, then that's all there is to it. It's legal shit. If the law says she'll be liable if a. an employee has recently failed a test and b. the employee is involved in an incident then she really has no option, opinions don't enter into it. The employee can rear baby birds in his spare time and be a boy scout captain or whatever, but to risk a huge lawsuit which will drain company resources over something as trivially preventable as this is a no-brainer.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-02-2014, 02:50 PM
(25-02-2014 02:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Exactly what I've been saying all along, if only you'd listen instead of assuming I'm somehow upset.

I see it clear as day. The other option is to not drug test because it's an invasion of your employees privacy. The fact is, if you have a piece of paper in your hand that indicates your employee smoked marijuana LAST NIGHT, whether it's your legal right to fire them or not, it's the wrong thing to do.

What I'm trying to get through here is that you are drug testing employees and firing them (theoretically of course) based on what they do outside of the workplace. The tests you perform will show positive results REGARDLESS if the person tested is under the influence.

.....oh, and, 90% of corps drug test? Consider I call bullshit. You pulled that one out of your ass dincha? If it IS true, the states are going downhill faster than I thought.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
25-02-2014, 02:50 PM
(25-02-2014 02:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  then smoke a fucking doobie and calm the fuck dooowwwwnnnn, man.

Why don't you go drink a couple of bottles of your wino wine and calm down, bitch?

bitch? Censored

25-02-2014, 02:52 PM
(25-02-2014 02:46 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:33 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What part of aspirin is not a psychoactive drug don't you understand?

lets try it this way. Alcohol is psychoactive. It affects your mind, cognitive abilities, etc. Aspirin is not psychoactive and does not affect your ability to drive a car, make decisions, or impair motor functions or cognitive abilities.

Are you trying to even remotely make the argument that oh, aspirin is a drug and therefore its the same as alcohol. Get real. Facepalm

(25-02-2014 02:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You are using blanket statements about "drugs" -- which both alcohol and aspirin are. And you ADMIT that you use alcohol as well. And yet you were the one spouting all kinds of bullshit about "I personally don't agree with altering your brain chemistry as a way to "enjoy life"". Hypocrite much? Bullshit artist much?

Out of context much? reading comprehension problems much? I specifically said habitual users. I specifically said recreational users too.

And I have already called you on your bullshit of equivocating "habitual" users with everyone else who uses AT ALL.

Quote:I limit the amount of alcoholics I surround myself with. I limit the amount of recreational drug users I surround myself with too. What I don't get is why this bothers you?Huh

It doesn't bother me at all. I don't give a fuck who you associate yourself with. Red herring much? But you got on this forum calling ALL users "potheads" and spouting all sorts of reefer-madness bullshit about EVERYONE who uses it. Gaslight much?