[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 02:52 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(25-02-2014 02:44 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You are talking apples and oranges here. Your obligations to OSHA, etc., have nothing at all to do with your own personal reefer-madness crusade and the bullshit you are spouting here in this thread. Your company bullshit is just a red herring.

here is my obligation to OSHA. Care to stop looking like an idiot?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 02:54 PM
(25-02-2014 02:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Stark - if you can develop a strain of pot that leaves no trace in the system, I would be very happy. However, I cannot sit there with a piece of paper in my hand that says you have the drug in your system and do nothing. My ass would be nailed to the wall by anyone hurt on the job involving that employee. Do you not see that?

I see it clear as day. The other option is to not drug test because it's an invasion of your employees privacy. The fact is, if you have a piece of paper in your hand that indicates your employee smoked marijuana LAST NIGHT, whether it's your legal right to fire them or not, it's the wrong thing to do.

What I'm trying to get through here is that you are drug testing employees and firing them (theoretically of course) based on what they do outside of the workplace. The tests you perform will show positive results REGARDLESS if the person tested is under the influence.

.....oh, and, 90% of corps drug test? Consider I call bullshit. You pulled that one out of your ass dincha? If it IS true, the states are going downhill faster than I thought.

drug testing in my industry is required by law. Small business at risk for drug use.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 02:55 PM
(25-02-2014 02:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:44 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You are talking apples and oranges here. Your obligations to OSHA, etc., have nothing at all to do with your own personal reefer-madness crusade and the bullshit you are spouting here in this thread. Your company bullshit is just a red herring.

Why do you keep calling it a reefer crusade? Did I try to pass legislature limiting your personal use of it? Did i fire you because you failed a drug test? Did I do anything even remotely stopping you for exercising your right to use recreational drugs? No? Then take the hysterical dramatization down a notch please.

When did I say anything about "my right to use recreational drugs"? Strawman much?

No, you got on this forum spouting a bunch of hysterical propaganda bullshit and calling everyone who uses it names. It's YOUR hysterical bullshit, and yes you are welcome to stop spouting it at any time.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 02:57 PM
(25-02-2014 02:52 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  

here is my obligation to OSHA. Care to stop looking like an idiot?

I already pointed out that your company policy and your company's obligation to OSHA, etc., are irrelevant to this discussion of YOUR PERSONAL CRUSADE HERE in this forum against personal use. YOU might take better care to stop making an idiot of yourself.

25-02-2014, 02:58 PM
(25-02-2014 02:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  .....oh, and, 90% of corps drug test? Consider I call bullshit. You pulled that one out of your ass dincha? If it IS true, the states are going downhill faster than I thought.

Er... if you heard of a company involved with heavy machinery which *didn't* do testing, who had a drug-related incident... everyone including the judge is gonna call that negligence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-02-2014, 03:00 PM
(25-02-2014 02:52 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And I have already called you on your bullshit of equivocating "habitual" users with everyone else who uses AT ALL.

(24-02-2014 05:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Lets be clear. I am not talking about the occasional or recreational user. I'm talking about the habitual user. Everyday. Several times a day. Never sober drug user.

I guess you really didn't read that carefully did you.

25-02-2014, 03:02 PM
(25-02-2014 02:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why don't you go drink a couple of bottles of your wino wine and calm down, bitch?

bitch? Censored

OH, it's all fun and games when it's YOU doling out the names, and you get all uppity and offended when you get it back? Well, well...

(25-02-2014 02:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:52 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  here is my obligation to OSHA. Care to stop looking like an idiot?

I already pointed out that your company policy and your company's obligation to OSHA, etc., are irrelevant to this discussion of YOUR PERSONAL CRUSADE HERE in this forum against personal use. YOU might take better care to stop making an idiot of yourself.

Again. how is this a crusade? Drama down a notch please.

Further, I guess the fact that you just so happen to defend the use of a drug you just so happen to use, is the same defense I'm going to take when I say that my personal stance on the matter just so happens to be an OSHA requirement as well. fancy that.

Boy, Stark and Taq have some deep emotional attachments to their prospective crutches (resulting in some rage too).

Seriously though, can either of you attempt to understand the legal bind companies are in? Do both of you disagree with the usefulness of background checks for employment considerations?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
(25-02-2014 03:02 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  bitch? Censored

OH, it's all fun and games when it's YOU doling out the names, and you get all uppity and offended when you get it back? Well, well...

Sorry - where did I call you a name?