[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: First time drug experience
(24-02-2014 01:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I of course do not condemn anyone using it for medical reasons. Getting high to escape the effects of chemo is perfectly acceptable.

How about getting high to escape stress that can trigger attacks in multiple sclerosis (because treatment doesn't work in this case)?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 05:03 PM
(24-02-2014 04:58 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 01:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I of course do not condemn anyone using it for medical reasons. Getting high to escape the effects of chemo is perfectly acceptable.

How about getting high to escape stress that can trigger attacks in multiple sclerosis (because treatment doesn't work in this case)?

You don't have to justify your boyfriend's pot use to me. If you are cool with it, so be it. Anytime a person is no longer sober, they aren't mentally present in the moment. I would never be with anyone (aside from cancer), that was stoned, high or drunk 95% of the time I spent with them. My choices are not your choices, however.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
24-02-2014, 05:12 PM
That it hinders your attention and motoric skills,that i can believe. But not that it may heve greater carcinogenic potential than tabaco or that marijuana intoxication may affect long-term memory

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

http://healthland.time.com/2011/07/19/st...mpairment/ (you have to scroll to find the link to the study. My shitty browser won't view the paper properly so i didn't link to it directly)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-02-2014, 05:16 PM
(24-02-2014 05:03 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 04:58 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  How about getting high to escape stress that can trigger attacks in multiple sclerosis (because treatment doesn't work in this case)?

You don't have to justify your boyfriend's pot use to me. If you are cool with it, so be it. Anytime a person is no longer sober, they aren't mentally present in the moment. I would never be with anyone (aside from cancer), that was stoned, high or drunk 95% of the time I spent with them. My choices are not your choices, however.

This is not a justification. It's conversation. It's what people do in forums. We exchange ideas. If you react to something posted here and then someone responds to you and you're like "hey, you don't have to answer" it sounds pretty weird.

I said it before but you probably ignored it. Your pot is not our pot. We don't get "high" here. Your experiences do not represent everyone's experiences. Just because you got confused at commercials doesn't mean that every single person who smokes pot on this planet cannot handle reality with it.

Let me judge whether he is present or not. I wonder if you would be able to work 12 hours without a break with multiple sclerosis and "stoned". You probably wouldn't be able to. And that is why you have such views on pot.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-02-2014, 05:26 PM
(24-02-2014 05:12 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  That it hinders your attention and motoric skills,that i can believe. But not that it may heve greater carcinogenic potential than tabaco or that marijuana intoxication may affect long-term memory

http://healthland.time.com/2011/07/19/st...mpairment/ (you have to scroll to find the link to the study. My shitty browser won't view the paper properly so i didn't link to it directly)

That may be true. However, I tend to think that bringing anything into your body other than what was intended naturally. (Oxygen, CO2, Nitrogen, etc) is probably hazardous to your health.

Also, the other paper I cited, directly contradicts your second citation. Time magazine printed in 2011. The study from Medscape (a medical journal) was published in 2012.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
24-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Hey, you guys stop bashing the weed! I smoke weed all the time, and I never have ...to go..for the...storm in......rivers of Nepal..........

......wait.....what were we talking about?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 11 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Lets be clear. I am not talking about the occasional or recreational user. I'm talking about the habitual user. Everyday. Several times a day. Never sober drug user.

24-02-2014, 05:31 PM
(24-02-2014 05:26 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:12 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  That it hinders your attention and motoric skills,that i can believe. But not that it may heve greater carcinogenic potential than tabaco or that marijuana intoxication may affect long-term memory

That may be true. However, I tend to think that bringing anything into your body other than what was intended naturally. (Oxygen, CO2, Nitrogen, etc) is probably hazardous to your health.
wich includes every medicine and proccessed food ever made depending on your definition of "natural"
Quote:Also, the other paper I cited, directly contradicts your second citation. Time magazine printed in 2011. The study from Medscape (a medical journal) was published in 2012.

yeah,the study could be wrong

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-02-2014, 05:37 PM
(24-02-2014 05:16 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:03 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You don't have to justify your boyfriend's pot use to me. If you are cool with it, so be it. Anytime a person is no longer sober, they aren't mentally present in the moment. I would never be with anyone (aside from cancer), that was stoned, high or drunk 95% of the time I spent with them. My choices are not your choices, however.

This is not a justification. It's conversation. It's what people do in forums. We exchange ideas. If you react to something posted here and then someone responds to you and you're like "hey, you don't have to answer" it sounds pretty weird.

I said it before but you probably ignored it. Your pot is not our pot. We don't get "high" here. Your experiences do not represent everyone's experiences. Just because you got confused at commercials doesn't mean that every single person who smokes pot on this planet cannot handle reality with it.

Let me judge whether he is present or not. I wonder if you would be able to work 12 hours without a break with multiple sclerosis and "stoned". You probably wouldn't be able to. And that is why you have such views on pot.

And I'm aware of how a conversation works. I heard your response to the pot being different and I don't know what to say to that. I guess I need a citation that pot grown in the US is chemically different than grown anywhere else.

One minute you say he is a stoner, the next you say he doesn't get "high". Make up your mind.

(22-02-2014 04:56 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  my boyfriend and his friends are devoted stoners

I don't care where your grapes are grown, the wine still has the same alcoholic content.

Sorry if I offended you. I don't recall saying that everyone else's experiences represent my experiences. I would like a citation for that allegation too, if it pleases the court.

I'm not really sure which "commercials" you are referring to. They don't advertise pot use in the US since recreational use is illegal in 40 states.

Look - I don't really care why your boyfriend smokes pot, if he is stoned or not stoned, mentally present or not. It is your life. Your romance. Your choices.

24-02-2014, 05:40 PM
(24-02-2014 05:31 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:26 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  That may be true. However, I tend to think that bringing anything into your body other than what was intended naturally. (Oxygen, CO2, Nitrogen, etc) is probably hazardous to your health.
wich includes every medicine and proccessed food ever made depending on your definition of "natural"

Correct. Most prolonged use of medicine has negative side effects. Even Advil can have a negative effect on your liver if used long term.

Quote:Also, the other paper I cited, directly contradicts your second citation. Time magazine printed in 2011. The study from Medscape (a medical journal) was published in 2012.
Quote:yeah,the study could be wrong

yeah. Or time magazine could be too. No one is immune to mistakes.