[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(25-02-2014 03:54 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 03:50 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  taq,can't you have a discussion without insulting someone?

You seem to have missed the part where Cathy was going on and on about "potheads". Try to keep up.

I wasn't going on about potheads, taq. I said that smoking pot every day for no other reason than to get high (barring any medical reason to do so) was stupid and loser-ish behavior. Not that the person themselves was a loser, but their behavior. That is my opinion. Do you understand there is a difference?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 04:01 PM
(25-02-2014 03:57 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 03:54 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You seem to have missed the part where Cathy was going on and on about "potheads". Try to keep up.

I wasn't going on about potheads, taq. I said that smoking pot every day for no other reason than to get high (barring any medical reason to do so) was stupid and loser-ish behavior. Not that the person themselves was a loser, but their behavior. That is my opinion. Do you understand there is a difference?

Revisionism much? Do you even read your own posts, for fuck's sake?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 07:23 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(25-02-2014 03:23 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 03:16 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  because if anyone uses alcohol or any drugs the night before work,it is still in their system the next day,and they won't be intoxicated the next day.
http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/...e/tab/test
so will you fire the person who drank alcohol the previous day?

If they drank so much that the alcohol is still in their system Yes. I have to. Thats the thing. If its not in the system, then I have no proof of it, then I cannot be held negligent. BUT, if it still is in the system, i can be held liable if that person is coincidentally involved in a work related accident. This doesn't happen often, but accidents involving heavy machinery are more severe than other not the job accidents. Like, you can easily lose your life, or your limbs. Put it this way: You just lost your arm due to your colleague's mistake. An honest mistake, but a mistake nonetheless that left you without your arm. Now, in my (your boss) hands is a copy of his recent drug test that shows a positive result for pot. What are you gonna do? You are going to sue me for millions because you can no longer work.

The problem is with drug testing it does restrict what people do when they aren't at work. As pointed out if I smoke a joint the night before and go to work the next day -- and are tested for drugs -- I will, without a doubt, test positive for pot. I'm not currently stoned, I'm not a danger to anyone.

But I am being penalized for what I do in my off time outside my time of employment.

You said you like to occasionally enjoy a glass of wine. I do too. It wouid be as though you drank a glass or two of wine and took a urine test the next day and were told you tested positive for alcohol.

Also employers have been sued over random drug tests and employees have won settlements.

I think also the ACLU sued the state of Rhode Island over drug testing and that case was settled.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2014, 04:13 PM
(25-02-2014 04:01 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 03:57 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I wasn't going on about potheads, taq. I said that smoking pot every day for no other reason than to get high (barring any medical reason to do so) was stupid and loser-ish behavior. Not that the person themselves was a loser, but their behavior. That is my opinion. Do you understand there is a difference?

Revisionism much? Do you even read your own posts, for fuck's sake?

Taq - seriously. Go hang off the end up chippy's dick. I'm done talking around in circles with your mischaracterizations, unexplained rage surrounding my position against habitual drug users, and generally non-analagous scenarios (aspirin being the same thing as alcohol)

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 04:15 PM
(25-02-2014 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 03:23 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If they drank so much that the alcohol is still in their system Yes. I have to. Thats the thing. If its not in the system, then I have no proof of it, then I cannot be held negligent. BUT, if it still is in the system, i can be held liable if that person is coincidentally involved in a work related accident. This doesn't happen often, but accidents involving heavy machinery are more severe than other not the job accidents. Like, you can easily lose your life, or your limbs. Put it this way: You just lost your arm due to your colleague's mistake. An honest mistake, but a mistake nonetheless that left you without your arm. Now, in my (your boss) hands is a copy of his recent drug test that shows a positive result for pot. What are you gonna do? You are going to sue me for millions because you can no longer work.

The problem is with drug testing it does restrict what people do when they aren't at work. As pointed out if I smoke a joint the night before and go to work the next day -- and are tested for drugs -- I will, without a doubt, test positive for pot. I'm not currently stoned, I'm not a danger to anyone.

But I am being penalized for what I do in my off time outside my time of employment.

You said you like to occasionally enjoy a glass of wine. I do too. It wouid be as though you drank a glass or two of wine and took a urine test the next day and were told you tested positive for alcohol.

Also employers have been sued over random drug tests and have won settlements.

I think also the ACLU sued the state of Rhode Island over drug testing and that case was settled.

But you don't work...do you? I thought you were a stay at home momConsider Not that it isn't a job (actually probably harder than my job), but none that requires drug testing either...

25-02-2014, 04:22 PM
(25-02-2014 04:13 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 04:01 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Revisionism much? Do you even read your own posts, for fuck's sake?

Taq - seriously. Go hang off the end up chippy's dick. I'm done talking around in circles with your mischaracterizations, unexplained rage surrounding my position against habitual drug users, and generally non-analagous scenarios (aspirin being the same thing as alcohol)

[Image: tumblr_li7oi1T9hi1qi4pboo1_500.jpg]

*of

Are you drunk, or something?

I couldn't "hang off the end "up" ChimpyChump's dick, even if I wanted to, you'd have to take it out of your mouth and I don't know where your mouth has been.

I haven't mischaracterized anything you have said at all. I note that you choose to flounce rather than explain your revisionism, but really there is no explaining it.

Have fun with your hysterical reefer madness and your grandmother the pothead loser.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 04:22 PM
(25-02-2014 04:15 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The problem is with drug testing it does restrict what people do when they aren't at work. As pointed out if I smoke a joint the night before and go to work the next day -- and are tested for drugs -- I will, without a doubt, test positive for pot. I'm not currently stoned, I'm not a danger to anyone.

Also employers have been sued over random drug tests and have won settlements.

But you don't work...do you? I thought you were a stay at home momConsider Not that it isn't a job (actually probably harder than my job), but none that requires drug testing either...

Guess I'm not allowed an opinion. Thanks for reminding me of my place.
Better put on my "good" apron. Don't want my party dress ruined when I tackle those pee stains on the toilets.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2014, 04:33 PM
(25-02-2014 04:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 04:15 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  But you don't work...do you? I thought you were a stay at home momConsider Not that it isn't a job (actually probably harder than my job), but none that requires drug testing either...

Guess I'm not allowed an opinion. Thanks for reminding me of my place.
Better put on my "good" apron. Don't want my party dress ruined when I tackle those pee stains on the toilets.

no no no. Thats not what I meant at all! I thought you were describing your personal experience, mom. wait...come backkk!

25-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Taq - you've been calling me a bitch, a moron, an idiot, hysterical, a crusader, etc., for 10 pages. Don't get all butthurt when I tell you that you are being a cock.

25-02-2014, 04:39 PM
(25-02-2014 12:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  i have no idea what that Project Sam is, or who that person is. I have seen what drug use does to people. There is no defense of that.

My childhood friend's brother growing up was a huge pothead. Pretty soon pot stopped doing it for him, and he switched to crack. I'm not sure the circumstances surrounding his death, but he destroyed his life completely.

Excuse me if I don't advocate for people escaping reality on a habitual basis. Not sure why you got your panties in a twist over my personal opinion on drugs. Maybe you need a joint to chill out?Laugh out load

No, Cathy, you have seen what drug use may do to people.

You are generalizing on minimal information. This is not reasonable.

Do you drink alcohol?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post