[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(25-02-2014 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  i have no idea what that Project Sam is, or who that person is. I have seen what drug use does to people. There is no defense of that.

My childhood friend's brother growing up was a huge pothead. Pretty soon pot stopped doing it for him, and he switched to crack. I'm not sure the circumstances surrounding his death, but he destroyed his life completely.

Excuse me if I don't advocate for people escaping reality on a habitual basis. Not sure why you got your panties in a twist over my personal opinion on drugs. Maybe you need a joint to chill out?Laugh out load

No, Cathy, you have seen what drug use may do to people.

You are generalizing on minimal information. This is not reasonable.

Do you drink alcohol?

Yes. I drink alcohol. 1-2 glasses a week. I am aware that it is a drug. I don't condone the occasional use of drugs, per say. I'm saying that the habitual use of any drugs has more chances of being hazardous to your health and overall wellbeing than any benefits it could provide.

Are you saying that occasional heroin use is the same as occasional alcohol consumption? Thats just dumb.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 04:44 PM
(25-02-2014 04:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, Cathy, you have seen what drug use may do to people.

You are generalizing on minimal information. This is not reasonable.

Do you drink alcohol?

Yes. I drink alcohol. 1-2 glasses a week. I am aware that it is a drug. I don't condone the occasional use of drugs, per say.

I don't think you know what that word means.

Quote: I'm saying that the habitual use of any drugs has more chances of being hazardous to your health and overall wellbeing than any benefits it could provide.

That's decidedly not what you said, or how you came across.

Quote:Are you saying that occasional heroin use is the same as occasional alcohol consumption? Thats just dumb.

Strawman much?

'

(25-02-2014 04:35 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Taq - you've been calling me a bitch, a moron, an idiot, hysterical, a crusader, etc., for 10 pages. Don't get all butthurt when I tell you that you are being a cock.

I'm not butthurt at all. But again, too bad your grandma is a loser and a pothead.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 04:46 PM
(25-02-2014 01:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  There are strains of cannabis that have 25+% THC (the psychoactive compound) by weight and some that have almost none. Currently the most interesting compound medically appears to be CBD, which is not psychoactive but appears to be the one which relieves pain and also stills/prevents seizures in certain diseases.

There are several strains which have been developed (R4 is one example) which are high CBD, low-to-negligible THC.

ALSO, how it is grown affects such things as THC content. If you have heard of "Sinsemilla" but never seen it defined, it is not a strain but the product of a method of growing which prevents female flowers/plants (yes, the plants are male and female) from being pollinated, causing them to produce more resin in their flowers -- which resin happens to be where the THC is located: more resin, more THC, more potency.

The stuff you are getting is likely what folks around here would call "ditchweed". An example would be a low-THC/CBD strain that has been grown in far less than ideal conditions (likely a "guerilla grow), allowed to pollinate, and which product is composed of stems, leaves, seeds, and maybe if you are lucky, a very little bit of the flower as well. In contrast, medical cannabis tends to be all flower ("buds") (where the vast majority of the THC is) that have been grown without pollination and using growing techniques that produce large, resinous flowers and thus high potency. Not to mention advanced growing techniques like hydroponics adn special lights, and/or organic fertilizers, care to prevent pests and diseases/molds/etc.

Cathy is really just showing a hell of a lot of brainwashed ignorance, prejudice, and misplaced hatred when it comes to cannabis.

BTW I use cannabis for pain and do enjoy the incidental effects. Some strains (usually sativas) have more mental effects than others, and some (indicas/kushes) have more body effects (Mason's "floating", for example), and I select toward the body effects. That being said, I don't use much at all when I use it. There is this thing Cathy seems to be completely unaware of called "titration", which means working out a dosage that is suitable to your physiology and situation, which also translates to this thing called "moderation", which Cathy seems to be completely ignorant of as well. She seems to think that "Reefer Madness" and "Cheech and Chong" movies are documentaries.

I find it interesting that your fevered (and much too passionate) defense of pot is directly linked to your habitual use of it. If you really liked your booze, I'm sure you'd defend the habitual use for alcoholics too.

You are conflating 'testing positive for <insert substance here>' with habitual and with use on the job. They are not the same.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2014, 04:47 PM
(25-02-2014 04:44 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 04:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Yes. I drink alcohol. 1-2 glasses a week. I am aware that it is a drug. I don't condone the occasional use of drugs, per say.

I don't think you know what that word means.

Quote: I'm saying that the habitual use of any drugs has more chances of being hazardous to your health and overall wellbeing than any benefits it could provide.

That's decidedly not what you said, or how you came across.

Quote:Are you saying that occasional heroin use is the same as occasional alcohol consumption? Thats just dumb.

Strawman much?

'

(25-02-2014 04:35 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Taq - you've been calling me a bitch, a moron, an idiot, hysterical, a crusader, etc., for 10 pages. Don't get all butthurt when I tell you that you are being a cock.

I'm not butthurt at all. But again, too bad your grandma is a loser and a pothead.

I meant condemn! Like you never misspoke. Dodgy

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 04:49 PM
(25-02-2014 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I find it interesting that your fevered (and much too passionate) defense of pot is directly linked to your habitual use of it. If you really liked your booze, I'm sure you'd defend the habitual use for alcoholics too.

You are conflating 'testing positive for <insert substance here>' with habitual and with use on the job. They are not the same.

NO chas. Those are two different topics.

1) I do not like habitual drug users. I don't hang around crackheads, coke heads, methheads, alcoholics or potheads. I think to get high every day is stupid, and idiotic behavior.

2) I drug test my employees

2)

(25-02-2014 01:47 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What the fuck is wrong with you TM?

Why are you getting your nose bent out of joint because I don't like drug users?

To me, the only people that defend or justify drug use as being beneficial or not having negative effects to those around them, are the ones that are doing the drugs.

Seems like I'm not the one with confirmation bias. You defend the drug because you use the drug. Big surprise there. I don't understand why you don't see that accusing me of my own biases means that you are immune to them as well. Facepalm

You are completely ignoring the beneficial effects and medical uses of alcohol and marijuana, not to mention narcotic pain-killers.

I tested positive for narcotics once because I had taken a prescription pain medication the day before. You would fire me?

(25-02-2014 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 01:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I find it interesting that your fevered (and much too passionate) defense of pot is directly linked to your habitual use of it. If you really liked your booze, I'm sure you'd defend the habitual use for alcoholics too.

You are wasting your breath. I've pointed this out to her several times, along with other examples of her conflating and equivocating occasional use, medical use, any recreational use at all with "habitual use", and it just goes in one ear and out the other. She's so wrapped up in her defensiveness over her reefer madness propaganda bullshit, there's no reasoning with her at all.

25-02-2014, 04:52 PM
(25-02-2014 04:47 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I meant condemn! Like you never misspoke. Dodgy

Big difference. Are you stoned or stupid?

(25-02-2014 04:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  NO chas. Those are two different topics.

1) I do not like habitual drug users.

...like your pothead loser grandmother.

25-02-2014, 04:57 PM
(25-02-2014 02:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  then smoke a fucking doobie and calm the fuck dooowwwwnnnn, man.

Why don't you go drink a couple of bottles of your wino wine and calm down, bitch?

Jesus H. hula-hooping Christ, Taq - tone it down, will ya? Your over-the-top aggressive style is not constructive.

[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
25-02-2014, 05:00 PM
(25-02-2014 03:00 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:52 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And I have already called you on your bullshit of equivocating "habitual" users with everyone else who uses AT ALL.

(24-02-2014 05:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Lets be clear. I am not talking about the occasional or recreational user. I'm talking about the habitual user. Everyday. Several times a day. Never sober drug user.

I guess you really didn't read that carefully did you.

But drug testing doesn't tell you that. It is insufficient evidence.