[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
Hey cathy,mind posting the link again? The one where it states that drug tests are mandatory

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2014, 12:06 AM
(26-02-2014 12:01 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Hey cathy,mind posting the link again? The one where it states that drug tests are mandatory

Did you lick Cathy's asshole good? How did you like the taste?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
26-02-2014, 12:06 AM
You posted this one
https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp...p_id=22577

wich doesnt show that
and in my quick search earlier,i found this
http://www.oshax.org/info/articles/drug-testing
i prolly didnt see it because i was working,but a really nice person poined out to me that the OSHA strongly supports drug testing ,but does not actually require it.

26-02-2014, 12:09 AM
(25-02-2014 11:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 11:38 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  that's new

....You were trying to make some kind of point...?

nope,i just found it rather funny. After countless threads have been split off to the vipers pit due you and chippy dissagreeing,you finally agreed with chippy
Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

26-02-2014, 12:15 AM
(26-02-2014 12:09 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 11:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ....You were trying to make some kind of point...?

nope,i just found it rather funny. After countless threads have been split off to the vipers pit due you and chippy dissagreeing,you finally agreed with chippy
Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

Exactly what do you find funny about me agreeing with a reasonable statement that another member of this forum makes? What are you, fucking twelve years old?

26-02-2014, 12:37 AM
(25-02-2014 08:57 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My employees are free to resign if they don't like my policies

Yes, they are "free" to get into the unemployment lines in the middle of this Great Depression that the Republican Rape of America has left us with, to lose their houses and their belongings and their families, and to live in cardboard boxes. Let them eat fucking cake, say you.

Your arrogance is fucking disgusting.

26-02-2014, 01:06 AM
(26-02-2014 12:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 08:57 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My employees are free to resign if they don't like my policies

Yes, they are "free" to get into the unemployment lines in the middle of this Great Depression that the Republican Rape of America has left us with, to lose their houses and their belongings and their families, and to live in cardboard boxes. Let them eat fucking cake, say you.

Taq. Picture owning your own business. Picture slaving away at it for years, getting those first big contracts, growing it slowly, slowly adding more employees. That's hard work. There are lean months. Times when you don't know if you'll manage to pay everyone at the end of the month. As the boss, the buck stops with you. Anything that goes wrong with whatever work your company is involved with, *you* are ultimately the one responsible.

Now the scenario presented is one in which
a. an employee fails a drug test
b. the employee is allowed to continue working their heavy machinery with the boss's full knowledge
c. a serious accident happens

It doesn't matter that the employee would have been in full possession of their cognitive faculties or whatever else, the employee failed the test. Any court would convict Cathy of negligence. If this strikes you as unfair, the place to challenge it would be to challenge the law, not the business owner who strives to be in compliance with the law.

Cathy has explained that she is legally required to do drug testing. If an employee is taking drugs for some reason, if I was boss, I would expect them to disclose that reason to me, not to wait until they failed a drug test, and then hopefully we can make a plan for what to do together. If the employee failed to disclose, then even if the (s)he had a legitimate reason for taking the drugs, I would consider firing them. Sounds harsh, but they just risked my entire business without even having the courtesy to tell me. Fuck them.

It's not just if an accident happens that you're risking a lawsuit. If someone found out that you'd failed a drug test and were still allowed to operate the machinery, the company would still take a massive hit. And worse, the company would then have a reputation within the industry. People remember these things. If it came down to a choice between contracting Cathy's company and a different one, they'll take the one with the squeaky clean safety record.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-02-2014, 01:28 AM
(26-02-2014 01:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, they are "free" to get into the unemployment lines in the middle of this Great Depression that the Republican Rape of America has left us with, to lose their houses and their belongings and their families, and to live in cardboard boxes. Let them eat fucking cake, say you.

Taq. Picture owning your own business. Picture slaving away at it for years, getting those first big contracts, growing it slowly, slowly adding more employees. That's hard work. There are lean months. Times when you don't know if you'll manage to pay everyone at the end of the month. As the boss, the buck stops with you. Anything that goes wrong with whatever work your company is involved with, *you* are ultimately the one responsible.

Now the scenario presented is one in which
a. an employee fails a drug test
b. the employee is allowed to continue working their heavy machinery with the boss's full knowledge
c. a serious accident happens

It doesn't matter that the employee would have been in full possession of their cognitive faculties or whatever else, the employee failed the test. Any court would convict Cathy of negligence. If this strikes you as unfair, the place to challenge it would be to challenge the law, not the business owner who strives to be in compliance with the law.

Cathy has explained that she is legally required to do drug testing. If an employee is taking drugs for some reason, if I was boss, I would expect them to disclose that reason to me, not to wait until they failed a drug test, and then hopefully we can make a plan for what to do together. If the employee failed to disclose, then even if the (s)he had a legitimate reason for taking the drugs, I would consider firing them. Sounds harsh, but they just risked my entire business without even having the courtesy to tell me. Fuck them.

It's not just if an accident happens that you're risking a lawsuit. If someone found out that you'd failed a drug test and were still allowed to operate the machinery, the company would still take a massive hit. And worse, the company would then have a reputation within the industry. People remember these things. If it came down to a choice between contracting Cathy's company and a different one, they'll take the one with the squeaky clean safety record.

MD. I am well aware of the issues that employers currently face wrt drug testing, especially wrt cannabis. That has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the shit she spouted to get herself into this position. You wanna chase after her red herring, have at it. But don't go preaching at me over it, that irrelevant bullshit isn't at all what this is about. I don't give a fuck about her company bullshit. And the bullshit she is spouting has nothing to do with her company bullshit. That's just her trying to make excuses for her personal prejudices. Don't be fooled.

26-02-2014, 01:57 AM
(26-02-2014 01:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  MD. I am well aware of the issues that employers currently face wrt drug testing, especially wrt cannabis. That has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the shit she spouted to get herself into this position. You wanna chase after her red herring, have at it. But don't go preaching at me over it, that irrelevant bullshit isn't at all what this is about. I don't give a fuck about her company bullshit. And the bullshit she is spouting has nothing to do with her company bullshit. That's just her trying to make excuses for her personal prejudices. Don't be fooled.

You spent a lot of time saying stuff like "Your lawyers are telling you what you want to hear" and "It's unfair to force an employee to sign a contract agreeing to drug testing" etc. This is what I take issue with... I guess to a certain extent I have my own bias 'cos I work for a small business and yeah... you really start to appreciate how tough things are for the boss-man and how scary it is to think of having some bunch of lawyers after you.

I get that Cathy is coming from a position where she's got a horror of drugs... You can call it prejudice, I guess it is, because as you've pointed out, probably most people who take drugs are perfectly fine functioning members of society and certainly not losers. But yeah, law matters are a different story.

I think that's where we're talking past each other, is that you're annoyed by the... "all druggies are losers" stuff and I see your comments about the business stuff and kinda lose the plot a bit myself Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-02-2014, 06:31 AM
(25-02-2014 10:37 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 10:06 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  and she put it there because she was legally required to put it there by the OSHA or something.
Although i do not see it(the presence of obligatory drugtests in the contract and the legal requirement of that presence) as fair,what can she do? Remove it ind risk losing her [whatever you call the thing you need to own a buisness]

So it is mandatory that employers drug test their employees in the USA?

Yes. Since my business receives federal grants, I am required to comply with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act.

Thank you for playing.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson