[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(26-02-2014 09:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.

Goddam ... Blink ... Blink ... Hobo ... Shocking ... that's a fucking cocktail even Cantor wouldn't try.

(26-02-2014 08:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Testing for impairment requires a blood test to detect the actual presence of a drug - not its past presence.

That's the real issue - cost. You can pick up a piss test kit for a variety of metabolites for like $20 OTC at CVS while the blood test would cost $1000s. I anticipate that in the not too distant future there will be drug test strips like my glucose test strips which only require a drop of blood. My place drug tests employees selectively based on occupational series. Electricians and crane operators, for example, are drug tested while electrical engineers are not. Why should we give a shit if the electrician smoked a billy last Saturday? But I don't think selective testing would work well in a small business trying to foster cooperation and collaboration and a "One for all, all for one" sense of camaraderie though.

(26-02-2014 08:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is not acceptable to deny or terminate employment for actions outside of work that do not affect performance on the job.

I think that's true of the jobs where they drug test for safety reasons and I do think the costs of direct instead of metabolite testing will become affordable sooner rather than later and that's the test you should use on electricians and crane operators. If direct testing were available and affordable I'd bet that Cathy would choose that option. But metabolite testing will continue to play a role in jobs requiring high-level security clearances because there what they are trying to identify are potential adversarial blackmail opportunities and past drug use is relevant. That said, Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning undoubtedly passed their piss tests.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2014, 06:59 PM
(26-02-2014 06:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 09:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.

Goddam ... Blink ... Blink ... Hobo ... Shocking ... that's a fucking cocktail even Cantor wouldn't try.

I don't know about all that. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-02-2014, 08:05 PM
(26-02-2014 08:49 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 08:18 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You are hysterical. And your company bullshit has nothing to do with your irrational reefer madness.

When are you going to stop whining like a big damn baby?

When are YOU quit whining like a fucking baby.

Quote: We get your "reefer madness" chants, can you ever get passed the anger? It is very childish, and jumping straight to personal attacks with anyone that says something you do not agree with makes you look like a Jackass.

Making broad and ignorant statements shows you and Cathy for the jackasses you are.

Quote:Anywho, why can't somebody have a strong feeling about a behavior or habit?

Go ahead and have your strong feeling. And keep it to your fucking self.

Quote:Jeez, I don't like any part of smoking anything, and I would say one would be stupid to do so for several reasons:

Who the fuck SMOKES cannabis anymore?

Quote:1.) weed is illegal in the states I have lived in
2.) smoke of any kind contains hundreds of chemicals that are not meant to be introduced into ones lungs
3.) money
4.) smells
5.) supporting illegal activity associated with sales and transport

Really don't give a fuck.

Quote:So jump on me for now if thats what makes you and your insecurites feel better.

Tu quoque, bitch.

Quote: Like I said, it is my opinion that I think it is stupid to partake in its use (other than prescribed) for my own reasons. Don't like them, that is OK since they are mine and not yours. Also said it is stupid to not wear seatbelts in cars or helmets on bikes, so if you don't do either of those things, feel free to attack me on that too. Won't be any skin of of my back.

You getting tired carrying that fucking cross around?

(26-02-2014 08:52 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  On a side note, even the regular users on here refer to themselves as "potheads", so what is with all the defensiveness around this term? You have a weed habit = pothead.

Do they? ALL of them? Fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
26-02-2014, 08:09 PM
(26-02-2014 09:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  That would be fine if drug use existed in a vacuum. But it doesn't. There is a correlation to the areas with more drug culture to crime rates. Not a causation, but a correlation that should be ignored either. Increased drug presence increases the crime statistics. And not because the drug itself is a crime, but other crimes (theft, murder, rape, neglect, etc.)

That is a bunch of bullshit. No surprise here.

(26-02-2014 09:28 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 08:35 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You only said that after you got called out for casting everyone who uses anything at all as a loser.

nope. It was very early in the thread that I said that. Not after I was "called out" further. I never said anything about using "anything at all" as a loser. Strawman much?

Bullshit. It was after you got called out on it. You say one thing and then you say you said another. Drich would be fucking proud of you.

26-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I have on last thing to say.......I refer to myself as a pothead. I will not begrudge anyone else who wants to call me that as well. Pothead just isn't insulting to me.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-02-2014, 08:14 PM
(26-02-2014 09:44 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 08:31 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You are out of your fucking mind. You just make whatever shit up you want and it becomes fucking reality for you, don't you. That's called "pathological lying". And again, here you go with your disingenuous bullshit, moving the goalposts all over the place. You say you say one thing, and then when you get called out on it, you say you say another.

That's right. And I don't hear you bleating on about people who use oxycontin legally being losers and dopers.

Strawman much? Move the goalposts much? You didn't come up with this "habitual" shit until long after you were called on your hysterical "potheads" shit.

No one called me out on anything before I qualfied myself to the word habitual. Try again, asshole.

Fucking liar:

(23-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sorry - but I agree with BnW. He "needs his pot"? At 38 years old, he sounds like a loser.

I've never known any potheads that were motivated, ambitious or even really productive members of society. The CEOs i know of various companies - don't smoke pot. They don't really do drugs either. So perhaps it's just my experience, but anytime someone needs a chemical to alter their brain, it's time to rethink your relationship.

They aren't even really listening when you talk. Oh sure - they appear to be listening, but the conversation is erased from memory rather quickly.

Personally, id rather be in a relationship with someone who is at least in the same room with me, and not off in la-la land.

26-02-2014, 08:19 PM
(26-02-2014 08:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I have on last thing to say.......I refer to myself as a pothead. I will not begrudge anyone else who wants to call me that as well. Pothead just isn't insulting to me.

So, if I call myself "nigger" then it's okay for Cathy to rant about "niggers" and how lazy and stupid she thinks they are, and anyone who objects to it is just being fucking unreasonable.

Hobo

26-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Holy shit, y'all are still at it in here?!

Gasp
Facepalm

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
26-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Nope, but good try. You can't pull your angry shit on me bro.

I didn't mention the word "nigger".

I didn't mention you.

I didn't mention ranting.

What I said is how I feel about the word "pothead", when used to refer to me.

I got my eye on you Taq. Sneaky fucker.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-02-2014, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 08:57 PM by Chippy.)
(26-02-2014 09:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  irrelevant. Its legality has nothing to do with whether or not its stupid to put yourself into a position of becoming addicted to one of these substances.

Then you are just talking nonsense. Physical addiction doesn't occur from using any drug a few times. The idea of using a drug once and becoming addicted is just plain bullshit.

Quote:Good for him. an argument can also be made based on the populous of people going to methadone clinics that these people are not - in fact - "winning."

No, it can't.

Quote:Trudeau said it is not uncommon for mental health sufferers to self-medicate with alcohol or marijuana, claiming, "Marijuana can trigger psychosis," and adding, "Every time I was hospitalized it was preceded by heavy use of marijuana." Trudeau was hospitalized three times for mental illness.

I've already tried explaining this to you but you apparently just ignored it. It is the THC in cannabis that can induce psychosis and the CBD in cannabis that is anti-psychotic. High THC:CBD cannabis strains were brought to you courtesy of organised crime in pursuit of the most potent "skunk".

Quote:One drug addicts success story does not a representative sample make. Same way that my experience are not a representative sample. The only difference is, you are hypocritical of *your* own generalizations that drugs are just fine for an individual to engage in.

You are a thickhead aren't you? The purposes of my counter-examples was to demonstrate that your generalisations are false and unsupportable. I'm not contending that no one has been harmed by drug use.

Quote:Further, if the "benefits" you are referring to are a person's individual utility, I take no issue there, and agree. However, I'm taking about Health benefits.

I'm referring to all categories of benefits including health benefits. Improving subjective "well-being" is a health benefit.

Quote: If you are going to claim there are benefits to drugs, such as methedrone, I'll need citations for this.

*mephedrone

The benefits are the subjective experience that mephedrone users experience that motivate the use of the drug. You don't need citations to conclude that people that use mephedrone obtain a benefit from it.

Quote:Further, I never once said to myself after a night of heavy drinking, "man, that was a great idea. I benefited so much from that night." Nope. I spent the next day with a hangover, wishing that I had not in fact imbibed that much, which is why I do not drink often, and I do not drink to the point of intoxication.

So what? That doesn't mean that people that do get drunk are "losers".

Quote:Tell that to Heath Ledger, who died from an overdose of prescription medication, which includes the doses right there on the label. Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine."[7][9] It states definitively: "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."[7][9]

So what? There will always be idiots and there is nothing that can be done to protect them from themselves. Ledger clearly had no idea what he was doing and didn't understand that he was actually taking multiple drugs from the same pharmacological class.

That doesn't alter the fact that heroin overdoses occur because it is impossible to determine how much heroin you are actually injecting.

Quote:Or the other 38,325 people per year in the US as a result of accidental prescription overdose according to the CDC.

Again, so what? Nowhere did I state that dosage labeling will prevent all overdoses.

Quote:Further, there is a reason I carry a sidearm when searching for suspected drug overdoses. superhuman strength and paranoia is good for no one.

Heroin causes neither paranoia nor "superhuman strength".

Quote:When did I ever say that a prescription from a doctor altered their properties?

You made a distinction between "drugs" and "drugs prescribed by a doctor" as if that was significant.

Quote:That would be fine if drug use existed in a vacuum. But it doesn't. There is a correlation to the areas with more drug culture to crime rates. Not a causation, but a correlation that should be ignored either. Increased drug presence increases the crime statistics. And not because the drug itself is a crime, but other crimes (theft, murder, rape, neglect, etc.)

No one is arguing that people should be allowed to commit crime while they under the influence of some psychoactive drug.

Drug use is associated with criminality because drug use is criminalised.

Quote:"sentenced jail and prison inmates were asked whether they were under the influence of drugs or drugs and alcohol at the time they committed the offense that resulted in their incarceration. The percentage of jail and prison inmates who reported they were under the influ- ence of drugs at the time of the offense varied across the major offense categories. The 1991 BJS Survey of Inmates in State Correctional Facilities found that drug offenders, burglars, and robbers were the most likely to report having been under the influence of drugs. Prison inmates convicted of homicide, assault, and public order offenses were among those least likely to report being under the influence of drugs. The 1989 BJS Survey of Inmates in Local Jails shows a similar pattern (figureā£1)."Fhttp://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/DRRC.PDF

Do you have reading comprehension troubles? Burglars and robbers are the most likely to be high when committing the crimes because they are trying to fund a habit. They are in the situation they are in because of the criminalisation of drugs.

Quote:Yes. I give my support to this because I believe there is a social cost to drug use. The statistics don't support your conclusion that no one else gets hurt when a person uses drugs.

No one else is harmed when drugs are used in private.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post