RE: [split] First time drug experience
Fuck, Stark, by this point, it's epigenetics. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-02-2014, 01:40 PM
(26-02-2014 08:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Cathy is just repeating the anti-drug propaganda that her government has drilled into her head.

You keep saying this. Nothing has been drilled into my head. I am capable of seeing for myself, the effects drugs can have on a person and those people close to that person.

Look - I concede I do not know every drug addict that ever lived. It would be impossible to do so. So my representative sample is the people I've know who do it. And every time the sheriff knocks on my door to ask me to find another body, I'm not going to gaze down at the corpse of a naked girl and say to myself, "Gee, if only she knew the proper dosage of the chemical she was ingesting, her life would have turned out just fine..."

No. When the flies won't even land on her, you know there is something seriously fucked up. Poison. Toxic.

So my representative sample might not be as large as it should be, but at no point am I even listening to anything the government has to say about drugs. I just have to go collect the bodies.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
27-02-2014, 07:25 PM
(27-02-2014 06:27 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Legalizing a drug, does not make the drug free or necessarily cheap. People who steal to support their habit are not stealing because the drug is illegal. They are stealing because they have no more money and need another score.

Prohibition artificially raises the prices of drugs. Heroin and cocaine are dirt cheap at the countries of origin. And if people were allowed to grow their own cannabis and opium poppies they would have no need to steal to maintain their habit.

That would of course not affect the users of synthetic drugs but a proportion of them would switch, and a harm minimisation approach to the remainder would resolve some of the worser problems.

Also, the aim is to reduce drug-related crime; if it can be eliminated then fine, but the aim is a reduction and that is sufficient.
27-02-2014, 07:30 PM
(27-02-2014 06:56 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Cathy has seen the effects of drug addiction first hand.

So what?
27-02-2014, 07:41 PM
(27-02-2014 01:40 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  So my representative sample is the people I've know who do it.

You don't understand what the concept of a representative sample means. The people that you know do not comprise a representative sample of the drug-using population so you have no grounds for your generalisations.

Quote:So my representative sample might not be as large as it should be,

You don't have a representative sample. The people that die from a drug overdose are a self-selected sample and the people that you know have been selected by you.

You have no idea about even the basic methods of social science research and I can't be bothered explaining population sampling to you because when I have tried to educate you in the past it has been a futile exercise.

In sum, you have no basis for the broad sweeping generalisations about drug users and you naively conflate the intrinsic effects of drug use with the effects of prohibition.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
27-02-2014, 07:49 PM
(27-02-2014 06:56 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 08:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  And it shouldn't be insulting. The problem isn't really the word it is the attitude behind the word and the attitude is understandable given the so-called War on Drugs that has been fought by the USA and its allies. A "war" fought by the state against its own citizens.

The general public's heads are so full of nonsense regarding drugs that a rational discussion is near impossible. Cathy is just repeating the anti-drug propaganda that her government has drilled into her head.

Cathy has seen the effects of drug addiction first hand. The lives that went no where, the potential never realized. I said this 500 times. It's MY experience with it. I grew up in small town America. There was nothing to do here besides drink, get stoned, or go bowling. You act like I've never tried the drug. I smoked my fair share of it. I felt unmotivated to do anything for a long time. This is MY experience with it. The amount of otherwise intelligent people who started out with an occasional hit on a joint, eventually gravitated toward smoking every night, and then pretty soon, before class. Stoned was their constant state for so long you forgot what they were like without it. These people turned into losers. One is sitting in jail because was too high to see a little girl and ran over her with his car. I'm willing to concede after talking with Starky, that perhaps I just had a coincidental bad sample of people. But nonetheless, it doesn't change my experience with it

It's ironic - they smoked to escape the boredom of living in a small town, and by the time high school was over, they had no where to go. So they stayed here and never left. I moved back to start my business, and I see them often. At the ages of 31, they are just NOW going to community college and trying to better themselves. The ones that did the harder drugs, let's see. One is in jail for grand larceny, one is 6 feet under from OD'ing. I've recovered about 10 bodies from OD'ing...not even the flies would touch them. So yeah. Stupid, stupid stupid for even trying meth, bath salts and whatever else they were on.

Like I said, I don't give a shit what you do. I still think experimenting with drugs is stupid.

Why do you give a fuck what someone on the internet thinks of your behavior? Are you that fucking insecure that any disapproval of what you do sends you in a tantrum, wailing like a hysterical drama hungry teenager, comparing my view of drug use as a "crusade" and "discrimination" in some kind of paranoid nonsensical rant? Jesus Christ! I don't buy the crazy you are selling! Get over it. I'm not stopping you from selling that crazy, so stop with the reefer madness moronic dribble. You are worse than a pre-teen on the fucking rag. Eat some more pot brownies and chill the fuck out. I have a different opinion based on my own experiences. You have yours.

How much anxiety and low self esteem can a person have to internalize what I said about habitual drug users to mean I was talking about YOU personally?! Oh that's right. you're so vain...betcha think this song is about you...

Is this supposed to be addressed to me? I don't recall using the word "crusade" or the phrase "reefer madness". Am I supposed to justify what I didn't state?
27-02-2014, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 08:25 PM by Cathym112.)
(27-02-2014 07:41 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 01:40 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  So my representative sample is the people I've know who do it.

You don't understand what the concept of a representative sample means. The people that you know do not comprise a representative sample of the drug-using population so you have no grounds for your generalisations.

Quote:So my representative sample might not be as large as it should be,

You don't have a representative sample. The people that die from a drug overdose are a self-selected sample and the people that you know have been selected by you.

You have no idea about even the basic methods of social science research and I can't be bothered explaining population sampling to you because when I have tried to educate you in the past it has been a futile exercise.

In sum, you have no basis for the broad sweeping generalisations about drug users and you naively conflate the intrinsic effects of drug use with the effects of prohibition.

I understand population sampling, chip. What I'm tired of explaining to you is that my experience with it has been a large enough sample for me to have the view that drugs are bad.

Let's put it this way, if every blonde haired man I ever met assaulted me, I would begin to avoid blonde haired men. It wouldn't matter that I didn't have a population sample, it would be sufficient for me to see that based on the amount of damage inflicted. It wouldn't be worth it to me to "give another blonde guy a try". Risk too great vs reward far too low.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
27-02-2014, 08:19 PM
(27-02-2014 09:09 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 08:27 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hey dumbass. In Colorado you can buy seeds and cuttings legally for CHEAP -- that is if you can't get them on your own from friends for FREE -- and grow your own for the same price you would pay to grow fucking TOMATOES.

You realize there are OTHER drugs besides pot I'm talking about you one track mind dipshit.

You are constantly hiding behind vagueness. I AM talking about pot but the same applies to other drugs: heroin comes from the opium poppy. Which is easily grown -- in fact some neighbors down the street from where I used to live grow opium poppies in their front fucking yard, for everyone to see. Cocaine comes from the Coca plant, which is also easily grown, and most people wouldn't know one if they saw it.

Quote:Reefer making it hard for you to focus?

It's bullshit comments like that that make you look REALLY fucking stupid. As distinguished from just regular ol' fucking stupid.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-02-2014, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 08:27 PM by Cathym112.)
(27-02-2014 07:49 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 06:56 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Cathy has seen the effects of drug addiction first hand. The lives that went no where, the potential never realized. I said this 500 times. It's MY experience with it. I grew up in small town America. There was nothing to do here besides drink, get stoned, or go bowling. You act like I've never tried the drug. I smoked my fair share of it. I felt unmotivated to do anything for a long time. This is MY experience with it. The amount of otherwise intelligent people who started out with an occasional hit on a joint, eventually gravitated toward smoking every night, and then pretty soon, before class. Stoned was their constant state for so long you forgot what they were like without it. These people turned into losers. One is sitting in jail because was too high to see a little girl and ran over her with his car. I'm willing to concede after talking with Starky, that perhaps I just had a coincidental bad sample of people. But nonetheless, it doesn't change my experience with it

It's ironic - they smoked to escape the boredom of living in a small town, and by the time high school was over, they had no where to go. So they stayed here and never left. I moved back to start my business, and I see them often. At the ages of 31, they are just NOW going to community college and trying to better themselves. The ones that did the harder drugs, let's see. One is in jail for grand larceny, one is 6 feet under from OD'ing. I've recovered about 10 bodies from OD'ing...not even the flies would touch them. So yeah. Stupid, stupid stupid for even trying meth, bath salts and whatever else they were on.

Like I said, I don't give a shit what you do. I still think experimenting with drugs is stupid.

Why do you give a fuck what someone on the internet thinks of your behavior? Are you that fucking insecure that any disapproval of what you do sends you in a tantrum, wailing like a hysterical drama hungry teenager, comparing my view of drug use as a "crusade" and "discrimination" in some kind of paranoid nonsensical rant? Jesus Christ! I don't buy the crazy you are selling! Get over it. I'm not stopping you from selling that crazy, so stop with the reefer madness moronic dribble. You are worse than a pre-teen on the fucking rag. Eat some more pot brownies and chill the fuck out. I have a different opinion based on my own experiences. You have yours.

How much anxiety and low self esteem can a person have to internalize what I said about habitual drug users to mean I was talking about YOU personally?! Oh that's right. you're so vain...betcha think this song is about you...

Is this supposed to be addressed to me? I don't recall using the word "crusade" or the phrase "reefer madness". Am I supposed to justify what I didn't state?

No, chip. I apologize. That was for Taq and his insecurity issues related to the approval of someone on the internet regarding his behavior. I didn't realize I hit reply on the wrong person.

27-02-2014, 08:22 PM
(27-02-2014 10:47 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Well if I learned anything from this thread, it is confirmation that being stoned often can make one quite paranoid, angry and illogical. Unless that is your basic character, and not from drugs, which then does make you a loser when it comes to discussing topics among adults.

Wow, this was enlightening! Never new any dislike or legal concerns concerning some types of drug use would be attacked by such a shitstorm. Guess nobody can say otherwise about this topic - so, all drugs are great! Do them once, twice, 29 times a week! Its a beautiful thing!

Oh, look, the brainwashed propaganda drone wallows in its own confirmation bias. Well done, you fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop