[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(27-02-2014 07:25 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 06:27 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Legalizing a drug, does not make the drug free or necessarily cheap. People who steal to support their habit are not stealing because the drug is illegal. They are stealing because they have no more money and need another score.

Prohibition artificially raises the prices of drugs. Heroin and cocaine are dirt cheap at the countries of origin. And if people were allowed to grow their own cannabis and opium poppies they would have no need to steal to maintain their habit.

That would of course not affect the users of synthetic drugs but a proportion of them would switch, and a harm minimisation approach to the remainder would resolve some of the worser problems.

Also, the aim is to reduce drug-related crime; if it can be eliminated then fine, but the aim is a reduction and that is sufficient.

Fair point.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 08:25 PM
(27-02-2014 07:49 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 06:56 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Cathy has seen the effects of drug addiction first hand. The lives that went no where, the potential never realized. I said this 500 times. It's MY experience with it. I grew up in small town America. There was nothing to do here besides drink, get stoned, or go bowling. You act like I've never tried the drug. I smoked my fair share of it. I felt unmotivated to do anything for a long time. This is MY experience with it. The amount of otherwise intelligent people who started out with an occasional hit on a joint, eventually gravitated toward smoking every night, and then pretty soon, before class. Stoned was their constant state for so long you forgot what they were like without it. These people turned into losers. One is sitting in jail because was too high to see a little girl and ran over her with his car. I'm willing to concede after talking with Starky, that perhaps I just had a coincidental bad sample of people. But nonetheless, it doesn't change my experience with it

It's ironic - they smoked to escape the boredom of living in a small town, and by the time high school was over, they had no where to go. So they stayed here and never left. I moved back to start my business, and I see them often. At the ages of 31, they are just NOW going to community college and trying to better themselves. The ones that did the harder drugs, let's see. One is in jail for grand larceny, one is 6 feet under from OD'ing. I've recovered about 10 bodies from OD'ing...not even the flies would touch them. So yeah. Stupid, stupid stupid for even trying meth, bath salts and whatever else they were on.

Like I said, I don't give a shit what you do. I still think experimenting with drugs is stupid.

Why do you give a fuck what someone on the internet thinks of your behavior? Are you that fucking insecure that any disapproval of what you do sends you in a tantrum, wailing like a hysterical drama hungry teenager, comparing my view of drug use as a "crusade" and "discrimination" in some kind of paranoid nonsensical rant? Jesus Christ! I don't buy the crazy you are selling! Get over it. I'm not stopping you from selling that crazy, so stop with the reefer madness moronic dribble. You are worse than a pre-teen on the fucking rag. Eat some more pot brownies and chill the fuck out. I have a different opinion based on my own experiences. You have yours.

How much anxiety and low self esteem can a person have to internalize what I said about habitual drug users to mean I was talking about YOU personally?! Oh that's right. you're so vain...betcha think this song is about you...

Is this supposed to be addressed to me? I don't recall using the word "crusade" or the phrase "reefer madness". Am I supposed to justify what I didn't state?

Cathy is so fucked up on her DRUG of choice, alcohol, that she can't figure out who the hell she is talking to. Go figure.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-02-2014, 08:29 PM
(27-02-2014 08:22 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 10:47 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Well if I learned anything from this thread, it is confirmation that being stoned often can make one quite paranoid, angry and illogical. Unless that is your basic character, and not from drugs, which then does make you a loser when it comes to discussing topics among adults.

Wow, this was enlightening! Never new any dislike or legal concerns concerning some types of drug use would be attacked by such a shitstorm. Guess nobody can say otherwise about this topic - so, all drugs are great! Do them once, twice, 29 times a week! Its a beautiful thing!

Oh, look, the brainwashed propaganda drone wallows in its own confirmation bias. Well done, you fucking idiot.

Oh look. The paranoid approval junkie is back. You have your own confirmation bias. You approve of drugs because you use them.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
27-02-2014, 08:31 PM
(27-02-2014 07:41 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 01:40 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  So my representative sample is the people I've know who do it.

You don't understand what the concept of a representative sample means. The people that you know do not comprise a representative sample of the drug-using population so you have no grounds for your generalisations.

Quote:So my representative sample might not be as large as it should be,

You don't have a representative sample. The people that die from a drug overdose are a self-selected sample and the people that you know have been selected by you.

You have no idea about even the basic methods of social science research and I can't be bothered explaining population sampling to you because when I have tried to educate you in the past it has been a futile exercise.

In sum, you have no basis for the broad sweeping generalisations about drug users and you naively conflate the intrinsic effects of drug use with the effects of prohibition.

QFTMFT. Which is the point of this entire discussion. Cathy, you are making broad sweeping generalizations about ALL who use ANY drug (with of course the Specially-Pled case of YOURSELF) based on what YOU ADMIT is not a representative sample. Even after you admit that your samples are both anecdotal and not statistically significant, you jump right back into the same reefer-madness rhetoric as if you hadn't been called on your faulty methods at all -- DWreck and Omegapup would be fucking proud.

27-02-2014, 08:33 PM
(27-02-2014 07:30 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 06:56 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Cathy has seen the effects of drug addiction first hand.

So what?

So it makes me think drugs are bad. It never worked out well for a single person I've known to use it habitually. This includes alcohol.

27-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(27-02-2014 08:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 08:22 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Oh, look, the brainwashed propaganda drone wallows in its own confirmation bias. Well done, you fucking idiot.

Oh look. The paranoid approval junkie is back. You have your own confirmation bias. You approve of drugs because you use them.

Not any more of a "paranoid junkie" than you or your fucking doper grandmother, Miss Wino.

27-02-2014, 08:36 PM
(27-02-2014 08:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 07:41 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You don't understand what the concept of a representative sample means. The people that you know do not comprise a representative sample of the drug-using population so you have no grounds for your generalisations.

You don't have a representative sample. The people that die from a drug overdose are a self-selected sample and the people that you know have been selected by you.

You have no idea about even the basic methods of social science research and I can't be bothered explaining population sampling to you because when I have tried to educate you in the past it has been a futile exercise.

In sum, you have no basis for the broad sweeping generalisations about drug users and you naively conflate the intrinsic effects of drug use with the effects of prohibition.

QFTMFT. Which is the point of this entire discussion. Cathy, you are making broad sweeping generalizations about ALL who use ANY drug (with of course the Specially-Pled case of YOURSELF) based on what YOU ADMIT is not a representative sample. Even after you admit that your samples are both anecdotal and not statistically significant, you jump right back into the same reefer-madness rhetoric as if you hadn't been called on your faulty methods at all -- DWreck and Omegapup would be fucking proud.

Go fuck yourself Taq. Seriously. I don't like drugs, and I don't hang out with people who do them, this includes alcoholics.

Why do you need my fucking approval for the amount of pot brownies you eat? Take your mommy approval issues and go jerk off to an article in High Times.

27-02-2014, 08:37 PM
(27-02-2014 08:33 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 07:30 PM)Chippy Wrote:  So what?

So it makes me think drugs are bad. It never worked out well for a single person I've known to use it habitually. This includes alcohol.

Yeah you keep hiding behind that vague word "habitually" while you play fast and loose with broad-brush statements about everyone who uses ANY amount. You are just as disingenuous and full of shit as any theist troll who ever shat in this forum.

27-02-2014, 08:38 PM
(27-02-2014 08:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 08:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Oh look. The paranoid approval junkie is back. You have your own confirmation bias. You approve of drugs because you use them.

Not any more of a "paranoid junkie" than you or your fucking doper grandmother, Miss Wino.

Yup. And btw - my grandmother is dead. The pot helped with the chemo, but the chemo failed.

Can you stop mentioning it now? It makes you sound like an asshole

27-02-2014, 08:42 PM
(27-02-2014 08:36 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 08:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  QFTMFT. Which is the point of this entire discussion. Cathy, you are making broad sweeping generalizations about ALL who use ANY drug (with of course the Specially-Pled case of YOURSELF) based on what YOU ADMIT is not a representative sample. Even after you admit that your samples are both anecdotal and not statistically significant, you jump right back into the same reefer-madness rhetoric as if you hadn't been called on your faulty methods at all -- DWreck and Omegapup would be fucking proud.

Go fuck yourself Taq. Seriously. I don't like drugs, and I don't hang out with people who do them, this includes alcoholics.

Why do you need my fucking approval for the amount of pot brownies you eat? Take your mommy approval issues and go jerk off to an article in High Times.

Your use of alcohol, in the frequencies and quantities you have specified, along with your admitted drug history and admissions of having been "drunk" -- can qualify you as an alcoholic. So have fun NOT hanging out with yourself. All this ad hom bullshit you are spouting is just you trying to protect what you see as your right to publicly hate on people and rag on them in this forum out of your own ignorance. Just because you come from a family of small-town losers and all your friends are small-town losers doesn't make the rest of the fucking world losers like you.