[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(27-02-2014 09:04 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm bored with this convo. Thank you all for playing. Chippy made some good points and also managed not to be an asshole. Stark and I had a great convo. Taq did nothing but fit into the stereotype he desperately wanted to avoid. He made zero legit points, or any persuasions, has zero debate skills. But keep trying pal, one day you'll get there.

Oh, look -- more wishful thinking from the brainwashed reefer-madness troll.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 09:23 PM
(27-02-2014 08:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 08:52 PM)Chippy Wrote:  That is an inductive fallacy.

The point which you still haven't understood is that there are many regular drug users (like my friend in London) that no one hears about because they don't create any problems for themselves or anyone else. They just go about their business, working, paying taxes and just living their lives. How specifically would society benefit if my tax-paying, self-regarding friend were thrown into jail? His life would be ruined, and for what? Injecting a substance into his own body in the privacy of his home. If this is sensible public policy for you then there really is no point in continuing this discussion.

You lack all objectivity on this matter. You are like a tabloid reporter drawn to the sharp, shiny and lurid. Overdoses are possible only with a subset of recreational drugs and they would occur much less often if heroin was not dispensed by organised criminals. All of your talk of corpses and od's is just hysterical nonsense.

If people started growing their own cannabis plants and opium poppies there would be no need to steal to fund use as cannabis and heroin (and other poppy derivatives) would become dirt cheap.

The War on Drugs has been a monumental failure and a huge waste of money. What it has succeeded in doing is creating governmental and private bureaucratic empires that have a vested interest in the status quo. The private prison industry--for example--is pretty much built on the prohibition of drugs.

I never said I was against the legalization. I'm against it's use. The cost benefit analysis makes it a poor choice for people with no medical reason to take it blah blah blah...

You don't know that at all.

And still you rail against, and make snide comments about, people who use it medically anyway, like me and like undergroundp's BF. Fucking hypocrite.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-02-2014, 06:37 AM
(23-02-2014 06:11 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sorry - but what the frig is wrong with you? Are you seriously justifying to yourself using a drug that can seriously fuck up your life (if not kill you) because you won't do it frequently? Further, the only thing stopping you from doing it frequently is the money. Not because you would be afraid that your life could spiral out of control....but because it's expensive?

Does that make any sense to you? That's like saying, hey, handling dangerous snakes is ok, because I won't do it that frequently.

Clearly addiction will be a problem for you as you are actively seeking information about these experiences. You weren't happy with alcohol, weed or other drugs that can be used in more moderation. I don't know any crack heads, or heroin addicts that can use in moderation.

Let's put it this way: not everyone who loses everything is a heroin addict, but eventually every heroin addict loses everything.

I don't think I have a problem with addiction. I haven't demonstrated any thing like that before. I was looking for an experience I haven't had before. Drinking sucks in my opinion. For a long time I couldn't handle my booze. I over did it a couple times that when I took a sip subsequently, it would be like I'm about to vomit.

(23-02-2014 06:11 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I get called out to search for a lot of suspected overdoses. There was this one girl, young. Maybe 26? Found her naked in a corn field 4 days after she OD'd. Bath salts and meth.

Dude - not even the flies would touch her. That's how toxic this shit is. When an insect won't even land on you.

Wow that's some real shit!! I wouldn't mess with bath salts with a 9 foot pole. I'm the type of guy that'll lose it if the high persisted long after I got high. Bath salts is a marathon.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
28-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Taq -

So I just read back to your drama queen reaction to allegedly calling all potheads losers and effectively setting your panties in a twist.

Clearly, you can't read.

This is what I actually said

Quote:I've never known any potheads that were motivated, ambitious or even really productive members of society. The CEOs i know of various companies - don't smoke pot. They don't really do drugs either. So perhaps it's just my experience, but anytime someone needs a chemical to alter their brain, it's time to rethink your relationship.

Every single statement is prefaced as MY experience with drug addicts. So your temper tantrum was for naught.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
28-02-2014, 08:55 PM
(27-02-2014 09:04 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm bored with this convo. Thank you all for playing. Chippy made some good points and also managed not to be an asshole. Stark and I had a great convo. Taq did nothing but fit into the stereotype he desperately wanted to avoid. He made zero legit points, or any persuasions, has zero debate skills. But keep trying pal, one day you'll get there.

You have "zero debate skills" and you have zero intellectual integrity. You are incapable of winning an argument by actually engaging with argumentation and evidence--and you know that--so you resort to acting like a cunt.

A case in point is your ill-fated attempt to white-knight Mark Fulton in relation to his mega-vitamin therapy quackery. You didn't even understand what a systematic review, meta-analyses or double-blind placebo-controlled study design was and you insisted I provide you a non-existent thing, namely a "double-blind systematic review". There are many more such examples of your cuntdom. You are a stupid cunt and this thread is just another chapter in your life as a cunt.

And in relation to your employees you are a petty fascist cunt. By insisting on controlling their non-work activity you have made them less employees and more indentured servants. Ergo, you are a fascist cunt.

True, Taq is doing his usual crack baby thing here but underneath his histrionics is a sound position. You know diddly-squat about pharmacology and you are making crass generalisations about drug use and drug users as if you've been blessed with some sort of cunt-omniscience that we should bow down to.

There is no rationality in the current prohibitive regime and Nutt et al (2007) which was published in The Lancet--one of the world's most prestigious medical journals--made that point abundantly clear.

[Image: f1cyty.png]

[Image: 5uimbs.png]

Note where alcohol sits in relation to other drugs. And please don't try and second-guess Nutt et al (2007) as if you are qualified to do so. That paper went through peer review to get published in The Lancet and received more such review post-publication.

Taq is correct in saying you are "brainwashed". You are. Your attitude is derived not from evidence but from government and lobbyist propaganda. Look closely at the chart and table: alcohol has a higher composite harm score than amphetamine. You also take it for granted that the state has it right: alcohol is legal so it's not really a drug and it is "OK".

People that use alcohol are drug users. If you consume alcohol then you too are a drug user. There is no "us" and "them", no real in-group and out-group. If you casually use wine then you casually use a drug. This idea that people that casually use cannabis are "potheads" but people that casually consume alcohol are just "normal" people is utter bullshit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
28-02-2014, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 09:31 PM by Chippy.)
(28-02-2014 06:37 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Wow that's some real shit!! I wouldn't mess with bath salts with a 9 foot pole.

"Bath salts", i.e. mephedrone is no worse than MDMA. All the hysteria about it is bullshit. Mephedrone is one of the most popular drugs in London and the people of London are neither going mad nor dying in droves. Don't believe the tabloid hysteria. In Australia, IIRC more people have died from quad bike accidents than have died from mephedrone.

PS:- If you are interested read this.

This idea that a corpse was rendered toxic from the use of amphetamine and mephedrone such that flies wouldn't land on it is just utter bullshit.
28-02-2014, 09:35 PM
(23-02-2014 06:11 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Dude - not even the flies would touch her. That's how toxic this shit is. When an insect won't even land on you.

Utter bullshit. Mephedrone has a similar toxicology to MDMA and amphetamine and is a synthetic version of the active ingredient of khat.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
28-02-2014, 09:44 PM
(28-02-2014 08:55 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

You have "zero debate skills" and you have zero intellectual integrity. You are incapable of winning an argument by actually engaging with argumentation and evidence--and you know that--so you resort to acting like a cunt.

Ha ha ha ha ha ... so now I got Chippy on record acting like a cunt. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-02-2014, 09:46 PM
(28-02-2014 09:35 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Utter bullshit. Mephedrone has a similar toxicology to MDMA and amphetamine and is a synthetic version of the active ingredient of khat.

Think Girly wants me some that khat.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-02-2014, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 10:05 PM by Chippy.)
(23-02-2014 06:11 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Dude - not even the flies would touch her. That's how toxic this shit is. When an insect won't even land on you.

This is utter rubbish and I can find no record of any such thing happening in the history of forensic entomology.

Malathion is an insecticide, i.e. it kills flies. There is a documented case of suicide by malathion poisoning and malathion was recovered from the fly larvae, i.e. the "maggots".[1] So not only did flies land on this person's corpse they also laid their eggs on it and the maggots fed on malathion contaminated flesh. This result has been replicated in animal models.[2][3][4]

Many categories of drugs have been recovered from fly larvae feeding on decomposed human remains so the idea that they would be repelled by traces of amphetamine and mephedrone is utter nonsense.