[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 07:06 PM by Cathym112.)
RE: First time drug experience
(24-02-2014 05:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are a lot of people that smoke pot on a regular basis that you would never guess do. People from the top of the educational and economic level aren't that way just because they are straight (drug-wise). It seems that the attitude regarding the use of pot stems from a thought process reminiscent of Reefer Madness. That just isn't the case.

The man (I'll call him Jay) my sister has been with for years is in his 60s with a very high level career. Regular smoker, doesn't seem to have affected his ability to be not only a contributing member to society but also to be quite financially stable...more so than a lot of people I know. He has two sons with equally lofty educations and jobs, one is an attorney. Jay's mother commented to one of the grandsons that they should be careful with pot because they might get busted and ruin their careers. To which he responded that she needn't worry because he gets his hydro from my niece (my sister's daughter).

Yeah, there are those that get stoned, eat Cheetohs, and veg our on TV and video games. But there are many that are fully functioning, intelligent members of society that take a hit or two instead of a drink or two.

The choice to not consume anything mind or body altering is up to each person. And the effects are different for different people.

Like I said before, Anj. I don't know any potheads that whose main function in life wasn't converting oxygen to carbon dioxide. Complete waste cases and total losers. Its all relative to one person's experience with drug users.

I don't think fondly of alcoholics (even highly functioning ones), prescription drug users (my BIL has a huge problem), coke heads, or any other kind of drug user. Sorry - this is just my experience with them and I choose not to expose myself to repeat situations. I'm 0 and 5 (or is it 5 and 0?) with my experience with drug users.
Further, a friend of mine is sitting in jail right now for vehicular manslaughter because he ran over and killed a child while he was driving under the influence. He simply reacted too slowly to avoid the collision with the girl being toed by her mother on her bike.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 05:59 PM
(24-02-2014 05:46 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  To those habitual pot users:

I don't give a shit that you smoke pot. You do not need to defend your pot use to me. I don't care. It is your life - do what you want.

I think it is something a loser does, and I think more harm than good can be done by habitual use of the drug. It is a drug. It alters your mental state while using.

I don't think alcoholics are particularly stellar members of society either. I see no need for habitual alcohol use.

I've never had any glowing or positive experiences with potheads, crackheads, coke heads, or alcoholics, so this is just my personal opinion regarding its habitual use.

Why do you care what someone on the internet thinks of your behavior? If its what you want to do, keep on trucking. Cool

the only habbit i have,is ciggarettes. And i will never defend and encourage the habitual use of that.

But i really don't think you should call potheads losers. What about those who use it for medicinal purposes? They use it everyday,so they would fall under potheads. Are they losers too?

A friend of mine makes canabis tincures to treat chronic pain,and i certainly wouldn't call him a loser

Dodgy

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-02-2014, 06:02 PM
(24-02-2014 05:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  the only habbit i have,is ciggarettes. And i will never defend and encourage the habitual use of that.

But i really don't think you should call potheads losers. What about those who use it for medicinal purposes? They use it everyday,so they would fall under potheads. Are they losers too?

A friend of mine makes canabis tincures to treat chronic pain,and i certainly wouldn't call him a loser

Dodgy

In case you missed it.

(24-02-2014 01:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I of course do not condemn anyone using it for medical reasons. Getting high to escape the effects of chemo is perfectly acceptable.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
24-02-2014, 06:10 PM
(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  And I'm aware of how a conversation works. I heard your response to the pot being different and I don't know what to say to that. I guess I need a citation that pot grown in the US is chemically different than grown anywhere else.

How could I possibly find scientific evidence for that? Cannabis is illegal here and any studies would be insufficient, not to mention probably nonexistent.

Most people I know who have been in coffee shops in Netherlands say that they can't handle the pot there because it's too strong.

There are different strains and varieties with different amounts of THC. It's quite possible that most of what gets here (which is mostly grown in homes) is not that strong. I've honestly never seen any person here smoking pot and acting like you did when you smoked it.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  One minute you say he is a stoner, the next you say he doesn't get "high". Make up your mind.

Yes, because a "stoner" is someone who smokes pot a lot. He doesn't get the high that you describe, but that doesn't mean he's not a stoner. Unless my English is failing here.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sorry if I offended you. I don't recall saying that everyone else's experiences represent my experiences. I would like a citation for that allegation too, if it pleases the court.

You are just talking about your experiences and I'm simply telling you that your experiences do not apply to everyone. Duh. I never said that you claimed that your experiences apply to everyone. Seriously, it's rather simple.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm not really sure which "commercials" you are referring to. They don't advertise pot use in the US since recreational use is illegal in 40 states.

I'm talking about this:

(23-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I've had my fair share of pot - I couldn't watch tv because the commercials would confuse me and make me forget what I was watching. I just wasn't there.

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Look - I don't really care why your boyfriend smokes pot, if he is stoned or not stoned, mentally present or not. It is your life. Your romance. Your choices.

Yeah, as I said, we're having a conversation. I'm not trying to justify myself.

It's fine if you don't care. But you say you've never met any potheads who were motivated, ambitious, whatever. You might as well benefit by other peoples' experiences. I'm just offering another perspective. "I don't care" doesn't really promote conversation.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Isn't this thread bout.........like.........erm.............weed?
How can there be an argument?

*dumb look*

dude...............

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
24-02-2014, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 06:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2014 05:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  A lot of plants have both medicinal properties as well as poisonous ones. 99.9% of the time, the same plant has both properties.

Main difference is that THC and CBD have NO KNOWN LD50. From a poisoning perspective, it is effectively non-toxic. Hell, Stark and other medical marijuana growers like him are breeding THC-free strains which contain only CBD (so no intoxication) which are being administered to children to treat seizures and other conditions. Now ingesting it rather than smoking it is probably a healthier way to administer it but a vaporizer is one way to avoid the tars and other shit that result from combustion. It is a far safer intoxicant than alcohol and has even been studied (albeit controversially) as a treatment option for alcoholism and opiate addiction. That said, I'm a boozehound not a weedhead but I'm thinking about changing it up once I retire (4 years to go and counting if the liver can keep up Big Grin ).

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I guess I need a citation that pot grown in the US is chemically different than grown anywhere else.

StarkRaving and the other growers are trying to find the proper THC/CBD ratio for a wide variety of maladies. Every strain is chemically different.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-02-2014, 06:21 PM
(24-02-2014 06:02 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  the only habbit i have,is ciggarettes. And i will never defend and encourage the habitual use of that.

Dodgy

In case you missed it.

(24-02-2014 01:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I of course do not condemn anyone using it for medical reasons. Getting high to escape the effects of chemo is perfectly acceptable.

ok,fair,i missed it.

24-02-2014, 06:21 PM
(24-02-2014 06:12 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Isn't this thread bout.........like.........erm.............weed?

*dumb look*

dude...............

No kidding lol

Mods, can this debate be split to a different thread maybe?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
24-02-2014, 06:22 PM
(24-02-2014 06:21 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:12 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Isn't this thread bout.........like.........erm.............weed?

*dumb look*

dude...............

No kidding lol

Mods, can this debate be split to a different thread maybe?

Can't take this seriously. Brought home weeeeed. LMAO

(my bad)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-02-2014, 06:30 PM
(24-02-2014 05:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:51 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  i was actually saying the one i poinet could be wrong,since it's older hehehe

Ahhhhh...misunderstood. They both could be wrong. who knows?

Just for the record - I'm not one of these "organic" people.

I buy regular fruit, pesticide laden vegetables, and hormone filled meats. People have come to think the word Organic is synonymous with Good. Heroin is Organic. Opium is Organic. Arsenic is Organic. It doesn't make it good.

A lot of plants have both medicinal properties as well as poisonous ones. 99.9% of the time, the same plant has both properties.

wich seems to contradict this
"However, I tend to think that bringing anything into your body other than what was intended naturally (e.g. Oxygen, CO2, Nitrogen, etc) is probably hazardous to your health. "