[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 12:16 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: [split] First time drug experience
*Didn't see the split, moved post back on topic.*

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 12:19 AM
(03-03-2014 11:58 PM)Chippy Wrote:  ...
but fortunately you aren't the only person that has read (or will read) my responses.

tl;dr

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-03-2014, 12:37 AM
(03-03-2014 11:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  Girly's brother did die. I think he's referring to the Besso guy 'cos he likes the quote about time being an illusion... It ain't ever *faux* with Girly. Just weird...

Well he has my condolences then. I'm yet to face such a loss and I hope that I die before my siblings so that I don't have to face it because it would crush me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post
04-03-2014, 12:53 AM
(03-03-2014 09:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 09:10 PM)Chippy Wrote:  No, you aren't as smart as you think you are and this piece of flawed reasoning further illustrates the point.

I miss my brother. I don't think I'm smart. I don't really fucking care.

Sorry man, what can I or anyone say that would help? Human condition...; and by discarding all of the palliative myths that our cultures evolved our landings on reality at times like this will be extra-hard. If your brother has offspring they are likely what he cared about most so if you feel the urge to do something good for your brother use his offspring as proxies for him--a caring father would have it no other way.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
04-03-2014, 08:28 AM
It doesn't matter, Chippy.

If she wasn't on drugs that effected her cognitive abilities, she would have found her way out of the small cornfield (they are 100 yards long), and back to her house. It was literally behind her back yard. The main road was less than 500 feet from where she was found. The only people that I've found dead that close to their house were Alzheimer's patients who simply became so confused they didn't know their house was 50 feet away.

This girl was healthy at 28. She would have easily survived if not for her altered mental state. Doing those drugs was stupid, stupid, stupid. I can only imagine how much better of she would have been if she had hung around a crowd of people who didn't think drugs were a good idea. Her death was so preventable, it's not even funny.

Just because you have one friend that managed to keep his addiction from ruining is life, doesn't make doing these kind of drugs a good idea.

Alcoholism is a huge problem, and completely preventable. I have friends whose families have been torn apart by this particular drug, and therefore, they do not drink any alcohol, nor do they surround themselves with people who drink too much. Can't say I blame them.

Since SAR is volunteer, it costs me money anytime I have to look some idiot who decided to get out of their mind.

I make that same personal choice. I don't surround myself with drug addicts, potheads or anyone else. I'm not even friends with smokers, because they fucking stink! I'm against drug use that isn't used for medical purposes. That's my choice.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
04-03-2014, 09:26 AM
(04-03-2014 08:28 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  It doesn't matter, Chippy.

If she wasn't on drugs that effected her cognitive abilities, she would have found her way out of the small cornfield (they are 100 yards long), and back to her house. It was literally behind her back yard. The main road was less than 500 feet from where she was found. The only people that I've found dead that close to their house were Alzheimer's patients who simply became so confused they didn't know their house was 50 feet away.

This girl was healthy at 28. She would have easily survived if not for her altered mental state. Doing those drugs was stupid, stupid, stupid. I can only imagine how much better of she would have been if she had hung around a crowd of people who didn't think drugs were a good idea. Her death was so preventable, it's not even funny.

Just because you have one friend that managed to keep his addiction from ruining is life, doesn't make doing these kind of drugs a good idea.

Alcoholism is a huge problem, and completely preventable. I have friends whose families have been torn apart by this particular drug, and therefore, they do not drink any alcohol, nor do they surround themselves with people who drink too much. Can't say I blame them.

Since SAR is volunteer, it costs me money anytime I have to look some idiot who decided to get out of their mind.

I make that same personal choice. I don't surround myself with drug addicts, potheads or anyone else. I'm not even friends with smokers, because they fucking stink! I'm against drug use that isn't used for medical purposes. That's my choice.

I don't consume any alcohol and I don't smoke but that is beside the point. The issue is whether adults should be able to decide how they treat their own bodies and brains. It is neither my place nor your place to be telling other adults what they should and shouldn't be doing with their own bodies. Further, you shouldn't be trying to dissuade people from using drugs by spreading factoids and falsehoods: the end doesn't justify any means.

As I have already stated, the day that woman died approximately 30 women in the USA died in connection with binge drinking but that doesn't even get reported because it is so common. So your hysteria about "bath salts" is disingenuous. Despite the national average of 32 female deaths per day in the USA in connection with binge drinking--that is just female deaths--most people aren't crying out for a return to alcohol prohibition.

Also, it isn't just my friend that regularly uses synthetic cathinones and has no problems--most of the people that use synthetic cathinones don't die or become addicts.

Your claim that using synthetic cathinones is "stupid" is not a rationally held position. Humans do all sorts of "stupid" things--e.g. BASE jumping--but you haven't objected to those and they aren't illegal. Making myself super morbidly obese is "stupid" and life-endangering and it is perfectly legal; not only is it legal but I would also have legal protections against unfair discrimination. Even if using synthetic cathinones is "stupid", "stupid" behaviour is not generally illegal and that is the problem. Why is the "stupidity" of drinking so much alcohol that I give myself liver failure fine as far as the criminal law is concerned but giving myself heart failure by using methamphetamine is forbidden and will land me in prison? Clearly not all forms of "stupidity" are equal before the law.

Your posts in this thread are naive. Nutt (2007)--which I cited earlier--represents the consensus view of pharmacologists and toxicologists regarding the prohibition of drugs. Pharmacologists and toxicologists are the experts on drugs, they are authorities on the subject and their position--as reported by Nutt (2007)--is that public policy in the UK (and USA etc.) is not based on evidence regarding harm. The current prohibitive regime in the Anglophone world is irrational and the result of ignorant loudmouths like you responding to tabloid sensationalism and influencing the government.

Alcohol causes more death and destruction than synthetic cathinones do and most people are comfortable with that. There is no broad-based movement in any of the Anglophone countries to prohibit alcohol. Do I need to quote the CDC figure again to you? You are making a huge drama out of the death of one woman merely because her death was in connection with her use of synthetic cathinones; the ~30 women that died that day as a direct and indirect consequence of their binge drinking don't concern you (or the tabloid journalists) because that was "just alcohol". That is the problem with your position.

The (on average) 32 female deaths per day in the USA due to binge drinking could also be avoided so I can't see why you keep referring to the preventability of the death of the woman that used synthetic cathinones as if that represents something special or notable. Would it have been "better" if she died of acute alcohol poisoning? Where exactly are you trying to go with your ghoulish attachment to this "bath salts" user that met an untimely demise?
[+] 3 users Like Chippy's post
04-03-2014, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 10:37 AM by Cathym112.)
(04-03-2014 09:26 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Would it have been "better" if she died of acute alcohol poisoning? Where exactly are you trying to go with your ghoulish attachment to this "bath salts" user that met an untimely demise?

Nowhere did I say that Alcoholism wasn't an equally preventable condition, and her demise would have been equally preventable if she didn't get so drunk she couldn't find her away out of a small cornfield.

I stated, "if she wasn't on drugs that affected her cognitive abilities" ...if she was drinking, this statement would still apply, as Alcohol is a drug that affects cognitive abilities.

I find your responses to me to be the ones that are hysterical, since you seem to think I am isolating my regard for drug use to only one drug - bath salts. I've been pretty damn clear that I disapprove of them ALL. However, in order to discuss one drug, I must give equal mention of each drug? That's ridiculous and if a person had to also mention all the other activities for which their deaths are easily preventable, we'd be here all day. I do not disagree that those who are morbidly obese aren't a threat to themselves, nor is their food addiction not costly for society.

That said, I don't really care what people do with their own bodies. I care about the lives they might ruin - unnecessarily - in their wake. Addiction isn't pretty, and it affects more than just the person addicted.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
04-03-2014, 10:31 AM
nevermind

04-03-2014, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 11:57 AM by GirlyMan.)
(04-03-2014 12:37 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 11:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  Girly's brother did die. I think he's referring to the Besso guy 'cos he likes the quote about time being an illusion... It ain't ever *faux* with Girly. Just weird...

Well he has my condolences then. I'm yet to face such a loss and I hope that I die before my siblings so that I don't have to face it because it would crush me.

Oh look, Girly got drunk and held himself a self-pity party. Will wonders never cease. It is like getting kicked in the balls over and over again Chippy. At least he just dropped dead. Nobody suffered but us. There's that. Dude's deathday anniversary is coming up and I ain't sure what I'm gonna do. Einstein's Besso qoute is my eulogy to my brother. His actuarial ass would've appreciated it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-03-2014, 11:50 AM
(04-03-2014 08:28 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  It doesn't matter, Chippy.

24-32 hours before she was found, with the better part of a week of activity unaccounted for.

Quote:This girl was healthy at 28. She would have easily survived if not for her altered mental state. Doing those drugs was stupid, stupid, stupid. I can only imagine how much better of she would have been if she had hung around a crowd of people who didn't think drugs were a good idea. Her death was so preventable, it's not even funny.

See -- and here you go again. You are ASSUMING that Chippy's friend is "ADDICTED". And now that you think you have established that as fact, you go on to a broad-brush fucking lecture on addiction.

Quote:Alcoholism is a huge problem, and completely preventable. I have friends whose families have been torn apart by this particular drug, and therefore, they do not drink any alcohol, nor do they surround themselves with people who drink too much. Can't say I blame them.

And you conveniently neglect to mention YOUR OWN addiction to alcohol.

Quote:Since SAR is volunteer, it costs me money anytime I have to look some idiot who decided to get out of their mind.

And of course you conveniently special-plead away your own alcohol (DRUG) use. You are just one bottle of wine away from doing something just as stupid as she did.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop