[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(04-03-2014 01:47 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 11:50 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  24-32 hours before she was found, with the better part of a week of activity unaccounted for.

See -- and here you go again. You are ASSUMING that Chippy's friend is "ADDICTED". And now that you think you have established that as fact, you go on to a broad-brush fucking lecture on addiction.

And you conveniently neglect to mention YOUR OWN addiction to alcohol.

And of course you conveniently special-plead away your own alcohol (DRUG) use. You are just one bottle of wine away from doing something just as stupid as she did.

The report estimated time of death to be 96 hours since she went missing. Its signed by Al Lewis, the Coroner. She died that night. I am holding it in my fucking hand. You are too thick to hear me. The mother is not being truthful when she says an offcer told her 24-36 hours.

*officer

She didn't say in her account that "an officer" told her. Did you even read what she wrote?

So she goes missing sometime on Sunday (an officer saw her alive on Sunday). 96 hours later (4 DAYS later), on Thursday, she dies. Which is far less than 32 hours before she was found Friday morning.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 08:41 AM
(05-03-2014 07:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 05:09 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Almost all alcohol use is not for "medical purposes", i.e. it is not prescribed by a medical doctor as treatment for some illness or as a preventative. On all measures by which a psychoactive drug can be measured alcohol is much worse than cannabis yet it is freely available to all adults without a prescription from a medical doctor.

You can't get your head around the idea that ethanol is a psychoactive drug and that anyone that uses alcohol--in whatever quantity--is drugging themselves. When you have wine to "relax" or "unwind" you are drugging yourself, you are self-medicating. Even if you aren't drinking sufficient quantities of alcohol to become "drunk" you are nevertheless self-medicating.

That being the case why must cannabis use be for "medical purposes" but alcohol can be purely for recreation? Alcohol is more harmful than cannabis in all measures of harm (ref. Nutt et al (2007) which I have already cited) so on what grounds do you exempt it from your restriction?

I fucking understand that alcohol is a psychoactive drug, and that it's not generally used for medical purposes! When did I say otherwise, you thick headed moron?

I guess there can only be a discussion about alcohol, eh? Pot is a psychoactive drug, can be used for medical purposes, morphine and it's derivatives, narotics, etc..

Only in your head did I justify the consumption of alcohol so you can stop harping on it. And you are only just now engaging in this alcohol "lesson" since you gave it up a few months ago. YOU were the one that couldn't get your head around the fact that you didn't have to drink it just because -socially - other people were . You also had trouble accepting that it is toxic in large doses, because it's "socially acceptable." I never had that problem.

I smell Special Pleading.

You admit that you use alcohol (A DRUG) recreationally.

You rag on people who use ANY OTHER DRUG recreationally IN ANY QUANTITIES.

You claim to condone medicinal use, but in practice you lump medicinal users in with heavy constant users.

You attempt to Special-Plead your drug use by quibbling about quantities.

Hypocrite.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-03-2014, 09:01 AM
(05-03-2014 08:24 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 01:47 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The report estimated time of death to be 96 hours since she went missing. Its signed by Al Lewis, the Coroner. She died that night. I am holding it in my fucking hand. You are too thick to hear me. The mother is not being truthful when she says an offcer told her 24-36 hours.

*officer

She didn't say in her account that "an officer" told her. Did you even read what she wrote?

So she goes missing sometime on Sunday (an officer saw her alive on Sunday). 96 hours later (4 DAYS later), on Thursday, she dies. Which is far less than 32 hours before she was found Friday morning.

Don't play the typo game with me. It adds nothing to the conversation. An officer didn't see her on Sunday. She was at a drug house and the only people to see her were those who were there and the truckers she was flashing on the side of the road. She died soon after that and was found on a Friday morning, at 10:32 am, according to the official SAR report.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
05-03-2014, 09:10 AM
(05-03-2014 08:41 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 07:04 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I fucking understand that alcohol is a psychoactive drug, and that it's not generally used for medical purposes! When did I say otherwise, you thick headed moron?

I guess there can only be a discussion about alcohol, eh? Pot is a psychoactive drug, can be used for medical purposes, morphine and it's derivatives, narotics, etc..

Only in your head did I justify the consumption of alcohol so you can stop harping on it. And you are only just now engaging in this alcohol "lesson" since you gave it up a few months ago. YOU were the one that couldn't get your head around the fact that you didn't have to drink it just because -socially - other people were . You also had trouble accepting that it is toxic in large doses, because it's "socially acceptable." I never had that problem.

I smell Special Pleading.

You claim to condone medicinal use, but in practice you lump medicinal users in with heavy constant users.

Hypocrite.

* [you are a] hypocrite. Hypocrite isn't a sentence all on its own.

Further, I never lumped medicinal drug users into any category, nor did I mention "any quantities" qualifies you as a habitual recreational user. And I already admitted that I'm an occasional drug user. My only beef was with habitual (alcoholics, drug addicts, etc) Your hysterical defensiveness is really perplexing...

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
05-03-2014, 09:21 AM
(05-03-2014 09:10 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 08:41 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I smell Special Pleading.

Hypocrite.

* [you are a] hypocrite. Hypocrite isn't a sentence all on its own.

Further, I never lumped medicinal drug users into any category, nor did I mention "any quantities" qualifies you as a habitual recreational user. And I already admitted that I'm an occasional drug user. My only beef was with habitual (alcoholics, drug addicts, etc) Your hysterical defensiveness is really perplexing...

Actually, making a statement using one single word is acceptable in professional writing. Not academic writing - but narrative writing - yes. Taq's writing style is definitely narrative in nature - so yes. If you (or anyone) sets out to critique writing *styles* you should first look to what style you're actually critiquing and go from there.

If you doubt me please check with a book editor.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
05-03-2014, 09:49 AM
(05-03-2014 09:21 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:10 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  * [you are a] hypocrite. Hypocrite isn't a sentence all on its own.

Actually, making a statement using one single word is acceptable in professional writing. Not academic writing - but narrative writing - yes. Taq's writing style is definitely narrative in nature - so yes. If you (or anyone) sets out to critique writing *styles* you should first look to what style you're actually critiquing and go from there.

Very true. As are grammatical errors such as, "me thinks not." But since Taq fancies himself to correct typos and grammatical errors, even when intentional, I shot it back at him to illustrate that it's pointless and adds nothing to the conversation.

05-03-2014, 10:13 AM
(05-03-2014 09:49 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:21 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Actually, making a statement using one single word is acceptable in professional writing. Not academic writing - but narrative writing - yes. Taq's writing style is definitely narrative in nature - so yes. If you (or anyone) sets out to critique writing *styles* you should first look to what style you're actually critiquing and go from there.

Very true. As are grammatical errors such as, "me thinks not." But since Taq fancies himself to correct typos and grammatical errors, even when intentional, I shot it back at him to illustrate that it's pointless and adds nothing to the conversation.

K. But
you made the statement (You implied Fact) that using a term like "hypocrite" as a single sentence is grammatically incorrect. Someone else reading your post will be lead to think that you're stating fact.

I think better if you wish to teach Taq the lesson that spending time and attention to grammatical snaffoos is pointless - then do it in a way which doesn't beg for someone like me to have to come along and correct your mistake. It only exaggerates the problem you wish rid of Blink.............. completely counter productive if grammar police is what you wish to avoid.

Don't beg for logic then clearly side-step it your own damn self. That dog just won't hunt.

We all have certain lessons we're better off shying away from rather than pretend to teach others. Personally, I'd probably not want to try and teach Chippy medical arguments or question his credibility on a variety of subjects. It doesn't diminish me in any way for others to be superior on certain subjects.

You should not appear to teach grammar. Instead maybe work to read what other people have actually bothered to TYPE to you and read what they have said. Chippy is a good example here. If you've just dug-in mad at Taq so be it............. but you've ignored Chippy's well-thought-out posts which no one could deny are absolutely accurate. Everyone sees this, hon, but you. And most people here know I am no fan of Chips. So consider that I've gone to the trouble of saying this to you........ when I could have just allowed you to continue to hang yourself. You've missed the point of what people have said to you over and over in this thread. Sometimes it's good to step outside our own head for a few mins and just listen.

I like you Cath. Always have from day one. It's really hard for me to watch you do this.

Words............ the actual TYPED words have been offered IN THIS THREAD.
I wish you would read them.

[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
05-03-2014, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 10:59 AM by Cathym112.)
(05-03-2014 10:13 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:49 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Very true. As are grammatical errors such as, "me thinks not." But since Taq fancies himself to correct typos and grammatical errors, even when intentional, I shot it back at him to illustrate that it's pointless and adds nothing to the conversation.

K. But
you made the statement (You implied Fact) that using a term like "hypocrite" as a single sentence is grammatically incorrect. Someone else reading your post will be lead to think that you're stating fact.

I think better if you wish to teach Taq the lesson that spending time and attention to grammatical snaffoos is pointless - then do it in a way which doesn't beg for someone like me to have to come along and correct your mistake. It only exaggerates the problem you wish rid of Blink.............. completely counter productive if grammar police is what you wish to avoid.

Don't beg for logic then clearly side-step it your own damn self. That dog just won't hunt.

We all have certain lessons we're better off shying away from rather than pretend to teach others. Personally, I'd probably not want to try and teach Chippy medical arguments or question his credibility on a variety of subjects. It doesn't diminish me in any way for others to be superior on certain subjects.

You should not appear to teach grammar. Instead maybe work to read what other people have actually bothered to TYPE to you and read what they have said. Chippy is a good example here. If you've just dug-in mad at Taq so be it............. but you've ignored Chippy's well-thought-out posts which no one could deny are absolutely accurate. Everyone sees this, hon, but you. And most people here know I am no fan of Chips. So consider that I've gone to the trouble of saying this to you........ when I could have just allowed you to continue to hang yourself. You've missed the point of what people have said to you over and over in this thread. Sometimes it's good to step outside our own head for a few mins and just listen.

I like you Cath. Always have from day one. It's really hard for me to watch you do this.

I read all of Chippy's words. He made valid points, and I have conceded as such. That still doesn't change my personal opinion regarding habitual recreational drug use. not all choices are based on every measurable amount of information out there, but rather one's personal experiences.

Every habitual drug user (for Chippy's benefit, this includes all drugs, including alcohol) has hurt or disappointed me in some way. My ex boyfriend used to abuse me when he was drunk (3 staples to the back of my head when he was 'convinced' that I had been cheating). My grandfather would get so drunk he would forget to make me any food while watching me and my siblings. My brother in law fed his addiction by stealing my narcotics from me when I needed them to quell the pain after surgery. Friends that I was very close to either died from overdose, or have just fallen off the grid.

So yeah, while my choices to avoid habitual drug users may not be logical, they are my choices. I see no value in gaining more knowledge about other drug users to gain a more representative population sample. There are only so many times I'm gonna play with that kinda fire and get burned before I just decide to fuck it, I'm not playing with that anymore. I have no desire to change my mind regarding it. The risk of associating myself with drug addicts (alcoholics included) far outweighs any benefits I might derive from it. To me, nothing good can come from snorting cocaine, shooting heroin, cooking meth, or living your life in a constant altered haze. So I choose not to to do, nor surround myself with people who do. Whats the point? We have nothing in common anyway.

What I don't understand, is why my personal opinion based on my personal experiences with drug users, needs to be logical, or a representative population sample? Or why, because of my personal choices, qualifies me as hysterical, a cunt, engaging in a reefer crusade, or stupid.

I never once stated that no one else could do drugs, or stated that I would engage in some kind of 'crusade' to stop them from using. If someone gets intoxicated around me, I simply excuse myself from the room, and if it happens more than once, I will spend less and less time around that person. Again, no where am I stopping this person from doing whatever the hell they want.

The only time I said drugs can cause a problem, is when that selfish hard drug user suffers from the delusion that their drug use affects no one but them.

If someone got their panties in a twist over my generalization of habitual recreational drug users, they are free to do as I did. i.e., Think I'm a loser (for my opinion) and disassociate themselves.

So yes, witchy, Chippy was kind enough to give me a free lesson on pharmacology, drug use, and statistics. You are smart not to argue with him on these things, as we all know, he will be hell bent on proving he is the smartest guy in the room....as he asserted himself to be the resident expert on enemas and douchbags.

I never refuted them all. I have no interest in changing my opinion on the matter because, again, the cost benefit analysis of befriending a bunch of drug addicts, strikes me as a losing investment.

05-03-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm gonna be real straight here......if you have no interest whatsoever in changing your opinion, why did you involve yourself in the conversation at all? To join a conversation, but think that sharing your opinion while simultaneously refusing to sway that opinion based on facts is ok, is the epitome of closed-mindedness.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-03-2014, 11:18 AM
(05-03-2014 10:51 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:13 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  K. But

I read all of Chippy's words. He made valid points, and I have conceded as such. That still doesn't change my personal opinion regarding habitual recreational drug use. not all choices are based on every measurable amount of information out there, but rather one's personal experiences.

Every habitual drug user (for Chippy's benefit, this includes all drugs, including alcohol) has hurt or disappointed me in some way. My ex boyfriend used to abuse me when he was drunk (3 staples to the back of my head when he was 'convinced' that I had been cheating). My grandfather would get so drunk he would forget to make me any food while watching me and my siblings. My brother in law fed his addiction by stealing my narcotics from me when I needed them to quell the pain after surgery. Friends that I was very close to either died from overdose, or have just fallen off the grid.

So yeah, while my choices to avoid habitual drug users may not be logical, they are my choices. I see no value in gaining more knowledge about other drug users to gain a more representative population sample. There are only so many times I'm gonna play with that kinda fire and get burned before I just decide to fuck it, I'm not playing with that anymore. I have no desire to change my mind regarding it. The risk of associating myself with drug addicts (alcoholics included) far outweighs any benefits I might derive from it. To me, nothing good can come from snorting cocaine, shooting heroin, cooking meth, or living your life in a constant altered haze. So I choose not to to do, nor surround myself with people who do. Whats the point? We have nothing in common anyway.

What I don't understand, is why my personal opinion based on my personal experiences with drug users, needs to be logical, or a representative population sample? Or why, because of my personal choices, qualifies me as hysterical, a cunt, engaging in a reefer crusade, or stupid.

I never once stated that no one else could do drugs, or stated that I would engage in some kind of 'crusade' to stop them from using. If someone gets intoxicated around me, I simply excuse myself from the room, and if it happens more than once, I will spend less and less time around that person. Again, no where am I stopping this person from doing whatever the hell they want.

The only time I said drugs can cause a problem, is when that selfish hard drug user suffers from the delusion that their drug use affects no one but them.

If someone got their panties in a twist over my generalization of habitual recreational drug users, they are free to do as I did. i.e., Think I'm a loser (for my opinion) and disassociate themselves.

So yes, witchy, Chippy was kind enough to give me a free lesson on pharmacology, drug use, and statistics. You are smart not to argue with him on these things, as we all know, he will be hell bent on proving he is the smartest guy in the room....as he asserted himself to be the resident expert on enemas and douchbags.

I never refuted them all. I have no interest in changing my opinion on the matter because, again, the cost benefit analysis of befriending a bunch of drug addicts, strikes me as a losing investment.

Hon - I would never disallow that you are free to your own personal bias, opinions and observations you've made in your own life. Thumbsup You'll get nothing BUT free rein to run like the wind with what you have seen and what YOU (personally) believe. Done. K?
I think the problem in this thread is that in many of your statements (similar to the grammar one you and I just experienced together) You come across as though you are comparing facts against facts, statistics, etc as if to prove your personal view is THE correct one. You come across as you are making statements of Fact.

When actually - if these things you've shared are only your personal opinions - you could have just said so on page one and there'd been no debate. You took your personal opinion to debate level and spoke as if you were calling out facts. Then your *facts* (as you made them appear via delivery) were called out to question.

See - for me --- I have things I'm completely emotional about. Rape is one of those hot topics for me. I cannot possibly ever BE non-emotional about it. So..... I tend to cater to my emotions and just see my stance for what it is.........emotional and personal. In so doing there's NO NEED ever to try and make appear my own personal opinion as fact based. I couldn't care less if my viewpoint on rape is personal and emotional. In fact, I'm pretty sure it should be! You have every right to your own personal reasoning and background which has colored your opinions. That's just being human. No problem. But opinions and personal views are not facts and they rarely stand up to actual facts. I've discovered that highly emotional hot buttons simply Rarely stand up to offered facts; regardless of how severe & sincere we feel about them.

If we just shrug and say to those who oppose our personal opinions - "meh, it's just my personal viewpoint" it takes the sting out of the whole matter. AND if someone challenges your own personal view you can say "fucckit - I have my reasons" lol which you choose to share or not share.

I can tell that at some point your existence has been kicked in the heart by drug-use. I'd have to be made of stone to NOT read that in your postings. I feel for you. And I allow ALL the personal venom you wish to spew against drug use - habitual or otherwise. Knock yourself out. Spew all you wish.
But emotional opinions are that.............. emotional and opinion.

HeartHeartHeart

[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post