[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: First time drug experience
(24-02-2014 06:21 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:12 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Isn't this thread bout.........like.........erm.............weed?
How can there be an argument?

*dumb look*

dude...............

No kidding lol

Mods, can this debate be split to a different thread maybe?

Stark has already addressed much of this in the Official Cannabis Thread and he's an expert.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-02-2014, 06:41 PM
(24-02-2014 05:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Further, a friend of mine is sitting in jail right now for vehicular manslaughter because he ran over and killed a child while he was driving under the influence. He simply reacted too slowly to avoid the collision with the girl being toed by her mother on her bike.

This guy may be a dumb ass but any mother that would tow their child on a bike (I am assuming with a car) should be charged with negligence at the very least. Was she high? Fuck...even I was smart enough not to do that with my kids.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-02-2014, 06:49 PM
(24-02-2014 06:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Further, a friend of mine is sitting in jail right now for vehicular manslaughter because he ran over and killed a child while he was driving under the influence. He simply reacted too slowly to avoid the collision with the girl being toed by her mother on her bike.

This guy may be a dumb ass but any mother that would tow their child on a bike (I am assuming with a car) should be charged with negligence at the very least. Was she high? Fuck...even I was smart enough not to do that with my kids.

No no. The mother was on a bike, towing her kid in one of those bike trailers. Like one of these http://m.target.com/p/instep-quick-and-e...MgodrnAAvA

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
24-02-2014, 06:49 PM
(24-02-2014 06:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

My read is that the mom was on the bike towing presumably a toddler in one of those bike stroller hookups. And dude belongs in jail. Driving under the influence is independent of the intoxicant. Just another reason Girly don't drive. I drive so seldom now that the posted speed limits seem way too fast to me and I'm just gonna get another ticket for impeding traffic.

24-02-2014, 06:54 PM
I misunderstood. And yeah, if he was tested and impaired and driving then he needs to suffer the consequences of dumbassness.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-02-2014, 07:02 PM
(24-02-2014 06:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  A lot of plants have both medicinal properties as well as poisonous ones. 99.9% of the time, the same plant has both properties.

Main difference is that THC and CBD have NO KNOWN LD50. From a poisoning perspective, it is effectively non-toxic. Hell, Stark and other medical marijuana growers like him are breeding THC-free strains which contain only CBD (so no intoxication) which are being administered to children to treat seizures and other conditions. Now ingesting it rather than smoking it is probably a healthier way to administer it but a vaporizer is one way to avoid the tars and other shit that result from combustion. It is a far safer intoxicant than alcohol and has even been studied (albeit controversially) as a treatment option for alcoholism and opiate addiction. That said, I'm a boozehound not a weedhead but I'm thinking about changing it up once I retire (4 years to go and counting if the liver can keep up Big Grin ).

(24-02-2014 05:37 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I guess I need a citation that pot grown in the US is chemically different than grown anywhere else.

StarkRaving and the other growers are trying to find the proper THC/CBD ratio for a wide variety of maladies. Every strain is chemically different.

I don't know a lot about pot. That is interesting to learn.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
24-02-2014, 07:04 PM
(24-02-2014 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This guy may be a dumb ass but any mother that would tow their child on a bike (I am assuming with a car) should be charged with negligence at the very least. Was she high? Fuck...even I was smart enough not to do that with my kids.

My read is that the mom was on the bike towing presumably a toddler in one of those bike stroller hookups. And dude belongs in jail. Driving under the influence is independent of the intoxicant. Just another reason Girly don't drive. I drive so seldom now that the posted speed limits seem way too fast to me and I'm just gonna get another ticket for impeding traffic.

Girly running from the cops Laughat

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
24-02-2014, 07:04 PM
(24-02-2014 06:30 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 05:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ahhhhh...misunderstood. They both could be wrong. who knows?

Just for the record - I'm not one of these "organic" people.

I buy regular fruit, pesticide laden vegetables, and hormone filled meats. People have come to think the word Organic is synonymous with Good. Heroin is Organic. Opium is Organic. Arsenic is Organic. It doesn't make it good.

A lot of plants have both medicinal properties as well as poisonous ones. 99.9% of the time, the same plant has both properties.

wich seems to contradict this
"However, I tend to think that bringing anything into your body other than what was intended naturally (e.g. Oxygen, CO2, Nitrogen, etc) is probably hazardous to your health. "

Oh come on. Breathing is natural. Smoking something is not natural. I don't think there can be an argument there.

24-02-2014, 07:05 PM
(24-02-2014 03:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 03:39 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I have a problem with your assertion that potheads are losers. I assure you I'm no loser. I'm also not demotivated and I know many potheads that are very successful. There are also some famous people that are potheads such as Sagan as I stated before.You can look that up and see, using evidence that pot does not always demotivate. That said I agree that kids shouldn't do drugs. Not of any kind really.

I will say that I grew up in a house dominated by alcohol abuse but none of the grey haired,blue suit wearing, religion shouting morons will admit to the fact that alcohol is far more dangerous than pot.
Your kid shouldn't smoke pot but there is a lot worse s/he could do.

Ok. Well I didn't know Sagan personally, but I wonder what kind of potential he could have reached if he was not doped out of his mind. As a psychoactive drug, marijuana surely alters mental functioning.

Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane. Expectations and past experience with marijuana have often influenced results more than pharmacological aspects have. Marijuana has triggered psychotic episodes in those more vulnerable. Psychological and some instances of physiological dependence on marijuana have been demonstrated.

It should come to no surprise why I wouldn't be advocating anyone sign up for that.

If you are a self proclaimed "pothead" then yes, I think you have loserish behavioral tendencies. Surely you recognize the difference between a recreational user and habitual user. If you have to be stoned every day, there is something somewhat loserish about that.

And you mentioned 1 person (Sagan), who made something of himself while smoking pot habitually. However, as I said, I personally do not know a single person who smoked pot on a daily basis and actually did much of anything with their life.

Why do you give a crap what I - or anyone else - thinks of you? Do we know each other? I mean, seriously..why do you give a rat crap what someone on the internet thinks of - not necessarily of you - but of your cannabis smoking behavior.

pssstt...if you chased the bottom of a bottle every night, I'd tell you that was loserish too.
I don't care what anyone thinks. I never did. I just don't like blanket statements like 'potheads are losers.' Just like I don't like statements such as 'atheists have no morals.' But hey it's ok to be as the religious are and spout bullshit if it fits whatever agenda you might have. Right?
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
24-02-2014, 07:18 PM
(24-02-2014 07:04 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:30 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  wich seems to contradict this
"However, I tend to think that bringing anything into your body other than what was intended naturally (e.g. Oxygen, CO2, Nitrogen, etc) is probably hazardous to your health. "

Oh come on. Breathing is natural. Smoking something is not natural. I don't think there can be an argument there.

LightSaber's just being pedantic and argumentative for the fuck of it. He's starting to remind me of frankie in the politics section. He should just hit a blunt and leave it alone. Tongue