[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(08-03-2014 11:25 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 10:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I believe I attended number 6. Graduated from there too.

Oh and somewhere I still have have my acceptance letter from number 3 on the list.

Well, apparently that doesn't matter anymore. Now what matters is how much you earn. If you posted 30 minutes ago you clearly would have outdone both of us. Smile

GM is specifying the ephemeral criteria, not me. He's going through them until he finds one where he does better than me.

Yeah, I don't make no monies (grammically incorrect on purpose).

But college, to me, is a little like sex. It's not how great the degree is (or the college it is from), it's what you can do with it.

My degree, I can't do shit with.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-03-2014, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 12:20 AM by Chippy.)
(08-03-2014 11:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, I don't make no monies (grammically incorrect on purpose).

But college, to me, is a little like sex. It's not how great the degree is (or the college it is from), it's what you can do with it.

My degree, I can't do shit with.

That is a relatively recent attitude to higher education. Most of the degrees that can be obtained from a university (as opposed to an institute of technology or polytechnic) don't translate to any form of employment when they are at the undergraduate level. An undergraduate degree in molecular biology and genetics --for example--will not get you a job in those fields; even to be a tutor you will need a post-graduate degree. You can get a job as a lab technician but you can get that with just certificates or a diploma.

Your attitude is not unusual. Enrolments in science and maths are dropping for precisely that reason. Take maths as an example. You can only make a career out of pure mathematics if you obtain a PhD in the subject and even then it will be very competitive. The obvious option is to become a mathematics teacher at the high school level and many do that but aside from that there is no obvious job for a person with an undergraduate degree in pure maths. This situation holds for most of the sciences and the humanities.

The earlier attitude was that you did such degrees to become educated and work was another matter. Now, students are demanding immediate relevance to employment and that really excludes most fields that a university can offer. Even in a faculty of commerce the only fields that an undergraduate degree is directly relevant (to employment) are accountancy and actuarial studies. But even with these further professional exams are required (at least in Australia). A degree in economics will not qualify you to work as a professional economist for the government or a corporation. You will need at least a PhD to do that.

Regarding university rankings, any university that can make the top-100 in a world ranking is a good university that is meeting the highest standards (at least partially). It is sufficient to separate the chaff from the wheat. A podunk university will not make the top-100--and that was/is my point.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 02:00 PM by Cathym112.)
(08-03-2014 09:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 09:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You were fucking with her for having degrees from some podunk unis. Your degrees from wherever you got them in podunk Austrailia are inferior to mine.

Actually they aren't. Australia has world-class universities and I graduated from one of them, so eat shit.

University of Maryland College Park is not even in The Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2014 top-50 and Johns Hopkins University is ranked number 18.[1]

Melbourne University is ranked at number 43 which puts it above most USA universities including University of Maryland College Park--which is in the 81-90 band. Australia has five universities in the top-100 and relative to its population size that is significant.

Any university that appears in the top-100 is a good university and Australia has 5 such universities. There are many USA universities ranked below those 5 in Australia. If Australia's universities are "podunk" then University of Maryland College Park is worse than "podunk" because it is ranked below University of Melbourne, as is Purdue University, Ohio State University and University of California, Davis, so your hasty generalisation is taking you where you don't want to go. So eat shit.

I am confident that if Cathym did graduate from a university then that university is not to be found in the top-100.

Your ideas about Australian universities are not based on facts.

Coming from someone who tried to justify saying "You are yet..." as coherent...You have yet is not what you said. It was clearly not a typo either.

The second someone waves their alma mater around like it means anything at all, they clearly are compensating for something. Like perhaps daddy got them in?

I did go to a top 10 school, but that's not really relevant, is it? It provides no additional credibility, as I know lots of people whose only reason for being there was because their parents were both alumnus and made large donations to achieve acceptance.

I really don't care what degree you hold and what school you attended. The only thing of revelevance is what you say here and how you express yourself.

Btw - I'm not a dwarf. If anything, I would be described as a humuculous. But it's not like you worry about the accuracy of your terms....

I don't do anything with my degree, because I was offered a job after my masters that I couldn't refuse. Why? Because I have something you lack; people skills.

I don't doubt you have a degree in computer science. That was probably the only skill you could muster that wouldn't require people to be around you....

Did you know the CEO for Northwestern Mutual Insurance Company only has a high school degree? A college degree doesn't validate intelligence.

Generally people are judged not on their intelligence, or their alma mater, but the success of their career and success in life in general. I promise you that your success is "dwarfed" by mine.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
09-03-2014, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 06:50 AM by Cathym112.)
(08-03-2014 06:51 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 07:18 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Aren't you sweet. :-)

"You are yet to admit..." Isn't a coherent sentence. If you are going to insult someone, make sure it's grammatically correct.

It is grammatically correct and coherent. As I said, you are a stupid cunt.

have yet to do something
used for saying that something has not happened or been done up to the present time, especially when you think it should have happened or been done
The Scottish Office has yet to make a formal announcement.
The film, starring Robert Carlyle, has yet to open in the Far East.
The group has yet to find a replacement for the director who left in September.[1]

I suppose this wasn't covered in your podunk high school. So I repeat, you are yet to admit that you are a stupid cunt with a worthless degree from a podunk university.

Well that's true...but it's not what you said. Your quote was NOT have yet or has yet...you said ARE Yet, which isn't coherent or grammatically correct.

Here is what you said...

Quote: You are yet to admit that you are a stupid cunt with a worthless degree from a podunk university.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
09-03-2014, 07:05 AM
(09-03-2014 06:19 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 09:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Actually they aren't. Australia has world-class universities and I graduated from one of them, so eat shit.

University of Maryland College Park is not even in The Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2014 top-50 and Johns Hopkins University is ranked number 18.[1]

Melbourne University is ranked at number 43 which puts it above most USA universities including University of Maryland College Park--which is in the 81-90 band. Australia has five universities in the top-100 and relative to its population size that is significant.

Any university that appears in the top-100 is a good university and Australia has 5 such universities. There are many USA universities ranked below those 5 in Australia. If Australia's universities are "podunk" then University of Maryland College Park is worse than "podunk" because it is ranked below University of Melbourne, as is Purdue University, Ohio State University and University of California, Davis, so your hasty generalisation is taking you where you don't want to go. So eat shit.

I am confident that if Cathym did graduate from a university then that university is not to be found in the top-100.

Your ideas about Australian universities are not based on facts.

Coming from someone who tried to justify saying "You are yet..." as coherent...You have yet is not what you said. It was clearly not a typo either.

The second someone waives their alma mater around like it means anything at all, they clearly are compensating for something. Like perhaps daddy got them in?

I did go to a top 10 school, but that's not really relevant, is it? It provides no additional credibility, as I know lots of people whose only reason for being there was because their parents were both alumnus and made large donations to achieve acceptance.

I really don't care what degree you hold and what school you attended. The only thing of revelevance is what you say here and how you express yourself.

Btw - I'm not a dwarf. If anything, I would be described as a humuculous. But it's not like you worry about the accuracy of your terms....

I don't do anything with my degree, because I was offered a job after my masters that I couldn't refuse. Why? Because I have something you lack; people skills.

I don't doubt you have a degree in computer science. That was probably the only skill you could muster that wouldn't require people to be around you....

Did you know the CEO for Northwestern Mutual Insurance Company only has a high school degree? A college degree doesn't validate intelligence.

Generally people are judged not on their intelligence, or their alma mater, but the success of their career and success in life in general. I promise you that your success is "dwarfed" by mine.

"You ARE yet to "[1]............. x y z IS absolutely correct. Dear Gods My NervesHobo

Damn Cath. Really? At this point don't you think Chippy's smart enough to NOT make an error; especially not that sort?

CommonFacepalm

[1] sits right next to "We've yet to.......x y z" and so on.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
09-03-2014, 09:59 AM
(09-03-2014 07:05 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 06:19 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Coming from someone who tried to justify saying "You are yet..." as coherent...You have yet is not what you said. It was clearly not a typo either.

The second someone waives their alma mater around like it means anything at all, they clearly are compensating for something. Like perhaps daddy got them in?

"You ARE yet to "[1]............. x y z IS absolutely correct. Dear Gods My NervesHobo

Damn Cath. Really? At this point don't you think Chippy's smart enough to NOT make an error; especially not that sort?

CommonFacepalm

[1] sits right next to "We've yet to.......x y z" and so on.

Right. We've is " we HAVE."

Do you understand that the word have, or has is not the same as ARE, as in "to be"

Are you serious right now, witchy?

09-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Oh FFS!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-03-2014, 10:10 AM
My dick is bigger than yours. I win. Now go do something productive.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 4 users Like Lightvader's post
09-03-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 04:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-03-2014 09:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  University of Maryland College Park is not even in The Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2014 top-50 and Johns Hopkins University is ranked number 18.

Looks like I got drunk and got a hair up my ass for Chippy for going all elitist on Cathy. My bad. Blush (but it's not like he didn't have it coming and shit)

College Park is actually ranked #15 on the planet for Comp Sci. Looks like Melbourne's trying its best to break into the top 100. Suck on my chocolate salty balls Chippy. Tongue

(08-03-2014 10:50 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 10:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They pay me $157k US. You?

You are clutching at straws. You tried to pretend that you were more intelligent or better educated that I was and that didn't work so now you are divulging your income. LOL.

Not like I'm giving away any state secrets and shit. As a civil servant my wages, unlike yours, are a matter of public record.

(08-03-2014 11:25 PM)Chippy Wrote:  GM is specifying the ephemeral criteria, not me. He's going through them until he finds one where he does better than me.

It's all ephemeral chippy, all of it. ... Why we fighting again? ... Oh yeah 'cause you went all elitist on Cathy and shit.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 05:49 PM by Cathym112.)
(09-03-2014 03:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 09:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  University of Maryland College Park is not even in The Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2014 top-50 and Johns Hopkins University is ranked number 18.

Looks like I got drunk and got a hair up my ass for Chippy for going all elitist on Cathy. My bad. Blush (but it's not like he didn't have it coming and shit)

College Park is actually ranked #15 on the planet for Comp Sci. Looks like Melbourne's trying its best to break into the top 100. Suck on my chocolate salty balls Chippy. Tongue

(08-03-2014 10:50 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You are clutching at straws. You tried to pretend that you were more intelligent or better educated that I was and that didn't work so now you are divulging your income. LOL.

Not like I'm giving away any state secrets and shit. As a civil servant my wages, unlike yours, are a matter of public record.

(08-03-2014 11:25 PM)Chippy Wrote:  GM is specifying the ephemeral criteria, not me. He's going through them until he finds one where he does better than me.

It's all ephemeral chippy, all of it. ... Why we fighting again? ... Oh yeah 'cause you went all elitist on Cathy and shit.

Hahahah! Sweet!! My alma mater was ranked in the top 10!! Woot woot! Suck on that, clappy!

[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post